Drinking water onboard - HAL Oosterdam

mncmom

Okay, I've been reading tons of reviews, hints, descriptions, etc., etc., etc. - and people say their question may sound stupid, but this definitely sounds stupid but I have to have an answer!

Where are you able to get drinking water onboard the ship? I mean, besides bottled water, which I'm assuming you have to pay for. Is the cabin faucet water drinkable (I mean drinkable - not just potable as in Los Angeles (sorry). Can you just ask for a glass of ice water while you're out on deck or in a lounge or anywhere like that? And is there any charge?

See, told you it was stupid ! ; )

I have never heard of a ship charging for tap water ;)

You can get it at the bars or the self serve station in the buffet area, just ask the wait staff

You can drink the water from the bathroom tap though I do not like to ..some times it comes out slightly discoloured

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

The water on the ships is much better than what we get at home.

You can ask for a glass of ice water anywhere on the ship -- lounge/bar -- Lido -- dining room -- out on the decks -- and it is free.

Whenever we go on a tour I fill our own collaspable water bottles from the tap in the bathroom.

Haven't been on the Oosterdam, but on 3 other HAL ships and the water has been excellent on all. I have a few glasses a day from the bathroom tap, and I pretty much only drink water in the Lido and MDR. I was a bit worried about water taste on my first trip, but found that it is so good I don't even get pop to drink, except for a couple times per trip.

The tap water on ships is probably better-filtered than most city water. We have been drinking it for years with no ill effects - ever!

We refill our plastic water bottles with tap water, put them in the room 'fridge at night, and take them ashore with us the next day.

Water is free everywhere on board, except if requesting any type of bottled water. If you care to - (onboard HAL ships), you may bring as much of your own bottled water, soda, wine and/or champagne on board with you as you like! :)

Mncmom..... I'm so glad you ask this question! We are big water drinkers and I'm always unsure of others tap water.... I had also been worried about this and also felt silly asking....I realize water to some is not a big deal but it is to us. I think we might take one case of our favorite bottled water on board with us so I won't have to buy any for tours, etc.... It's reassuring to know we can at least order it with meals or at the bars without being charged.

Archived