Help!!! Lost Passport leaving tomorrow!!!

matondo

I am leaving tomorrow afternoon for an international flight and I cannot find my passport. If anyone could tell me what I can do to get another passport I would appreciate it. I know someone out there can help me.

Thank you in advance.

I am leaving tomorrow afternoon for an international flight and I cannot find my passport. If anyone could tell me what I can do to get another passport I would appreciate it. I know someone out there can help me.

Thank you in advance.

Contact the nearest full service office first thing in the morning and explain your situation. Unfortunately you likely are not flying tomorrow. Best bet is to find your misplaced passport.

Another question as well...I have my passport number on the HAL website but when I tried to pull the information from where I filled out the form for my cruise docs it says the information is confidential. Is there anyway I can view the information. I did try printing my cruise docs but the information is not on them either.

I know I should always have my passport number written down somewhere but the only place I wrote it down was when I filled out our forms.

Another question as well...I have my passport number on the HAL website but when I tried to pull the information from where I filled out the form for my cruise docs it says the information is confidential. Is there anyway I can view the information. I did try printing my cruise docs but the information is not on them either.

I know I should always have my passport number written down somewhere but the only place I wrote it down was when I filled out our forms.

This one is a little easier. Call HAL ship services and explain why you need it, they should give it to you after they verify that you are who you say you are. I don't think you can retrieve it on line.

Thank you in advance.

Are you in area when you can do same day service? If so, you will still likely have to reschedule your flights for Friday.

If you had your passport to fill out your cruise docs, it must be somewhere in your house. Relax..........and think.:)

Thank you for the advice. I am in Columbus, OH and I am afraid the nearest office is in New York and we are supposed to fly through Detroit.

We are still turning the house upside down and I am trying not to panic but we are getting a Plan B in place.

Have you not ever made a copy of the photo page of your passport? If you have, that could be very valuable in helping you secure a new one.

If you haven't, please do so immediately upon finding yours or getting a replacement. Keeping fingers and toes crossed for you!

Calm down and think carefully.

Remember back to when you filled out the on-line check in.

Try to retrace your movements that day/night.

REALLY hope you find your passport.

You cannot fly without it.

Good luck and please let us know when you find it.

This is a traveller's nightmare! Like cantwait2cruize said, If you had it to enter your info, it HAS to be in your house. Look in stupid places, like behind the dryer, in the pantry, vases. I have been known to put things in places I thought were "safe" from being accidently misplaced and ended up hiding them from myself!

Medicine cupboard in bathroom? Car, console, etc. Have a copier/printer at home? Maybe you were making copies and left it under the lid? Under/Between the bed. Jewelry chest. Suitpocket, clothing. Suitcase.

Did you take it out to your garage for any reason?

Last resort, I called my friend in a panic one day when I could not find my keys. She told me to think of a random number, like a phone number for one full minute and think of only that. Then after the minute try to remember where my keys were. I didn't think it would work, but I will be darned, it really did work! I remembered where I had them last and off I went. :)

Which reminds me, I had accidently dropped the keys behind the area on a shelf where I keep my bath bubbles, try there :P

Good Luck and let us know how it works out! *sending all positive Karma thoughts your way*

In addition to what Sail has suggested, I would try sitting in a chair and closing your eyes. Take a few very deep breaths and picture yourself in front of the computer filling out the required information for HAL. You had the passports next to you when you did this. See if you can see them while your eyes are closed. Then just keep visualizing and see where or what you did when you were finished . Did you place them in a travel file or in a desk drawer? Visualizing often helps to find missing items. Good luck. And when you do find the passports, make a copy.

A trick for recovering your passport number...

Log in to the HAL website. Go to the field where you enter/ed your number. If you have an active text entry box, click in the box. Try double clicking. Try entering a single digit, one at a time, 0 - 9. (Enter 0, see if anything happens. Delete, enter 1, repeat.) What you are trying to do is see if either the form or your computer 'remembers' what you typed in that box last time. You are trying to get the auto-fill to activate.

If you do not have an active text entry box, see if there is a link to activate it, such as "Re-Enter My Number" or something to that effect.

Good luck!!

(other places to look - jacket pocket of whatever you wore last time you travelled, in your cruise folder from last time - think of those kinds of places)

ASAP, start gathering the documents you will need to get a new passport. Birth certificate, drivers license, social security card, proof of current address, etc. Also, your flight confirmation for tomorrow. You will need these to get a new passport. While you're getting these together, maybe the original will turn up.

Unfortunately, even when you have time to spare, replacing a lost passport is not easy.

Good luck.

I am sure you have thought of everywhere it could be.:)

Per chance were you working on other paper work and your passport got scooped up with it ,,, put in file drawer or briefcase.

Take it one room at a time.....you may have had it in your hand then set it down when you were interupted to do something else.....it maybe where you least expect in plain sight.

Best of Luck...I guess secruity wouldn't take a note from us huh?;)

Revision to my instructions:

Go to HAL website. Go to Online Check-In. Log in. When you get to the numbered section for your express docs, look at #3, Passport Info. Click the blue EDIT button in front of the listing. In the light box where it says your number is on file, click the link that says "Change Passport". In the middle of the next screen, there is a blank text box for you to enter the number. Double click inside the box.

For me, this pulled up my passport number.

(Also - look in your car - under the seats, in the glove/trunk, anywhere it could have fallen out of a pocket or bag.)

Have you checked in/around your luggage? Checked with where your cruise documents/airline tickets are? Where you keep your mail? Where do you keep your address book? Even go through your trash. Check all your drawers in your dresser - jewelry box. When was the last time you remember seeing it - what were you doing?

I have been looking around my house just trying to get ideas for you....

Paste from the official passport website.

Lost or Stolen Passports

* Print

* Email

Report a lost or stolen valid passport immediately!

For passports lost or stolen overseas, please contact the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate.

TO REPORT YOUR LOST OR STOLEN U.S. PASSPORT

* Report Your Valid Passport Lost or Stolen By Phone:

* Contact us toll free: 1-877-487-2778 (TTY 1-888-874-7793)

* Operators are available 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., ET, Monday-Friday, excluding Federal holidays

NOTE: if you report yours lost, they will invalidate it immediately. SO if you find it after you report it, you're up the creek.

I really appreciate all of your support, prayers and suggestions. I need all the help I can get.

Fridayeyes...I tried what you said it just blinked and did nothing. It could be me though but I think I did everything step by step.

I am collecting everything I need and I am going to visit my congressman in the morning. I have an expired passport but I doubt that will help much.

Last time I had it was weeks ago sitting on the couch in the family room filling out the cruise docs on my laptop. I just can't figure out how DH has his and I am sure I filled our info out at the same time.

I will keep you posted when I have some hopefully good news.

Sorry for the obvious question - have you moved the couch, removed the cushions and stuck your hand down into all of the crevices? If there's a sofa bed in there, pull it out, put it back, then turn the couch on its back - things can lodge in the mechanism for the sofa bed (voice of exp).

I really appreciate all of your support, prayers and suggestions. I need all the help I can get.

Fridayeyes...I tried what you said it just blinked and did nothing. It could be me though but I think I did everything step by step.

I am collecting everything I need and I am going to visit my congressman in the morning. I have an expired passport but I doubt that will help much.

Last time I had it was weeks ago sitting on the couch in the family room filling out the cruise docs on my laptop. I just can't figure out how DH has his and I am sure I filled our info out at the same time.

What day does your cruise sale? How many days ahead of cruise were you flying?

I will keep you posted when I have some hopefully good news.

Do you normally store the two passports in the same place?

When DH found his, was it in that place?

Did you, by chance, place it in the purse you plan to carry or your carry on rather than where you usually store it?

I'm sorry if these are dumb avenues of thought but that is what would help me focus on where I could have 'moved it' if not where I usually store it.

Your expired passport may be a help as they know your documents had to have been in order for you to have gotten that passport. As you know, you cannot travel on it but it could help in a speedy replacement.

Good luck.

Sleep may not come easily but keep asking for a dream to tell you where you last put it. This actually works. Just lull yourself to sleep with a positive message about finding your passport. Subconsciously your brain knows what you did with it. You have to find a way to unlock your subconscious mind.

Archived