Help!!! Lost Passport leaving tomorrow!!!

matondo

Oh my word......... my heart is pounding just reading all you experienced. I guess it's true that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. :)

Congratulations on keeping your head on straight and just doing what you had to do.

Happy you arrived safely and in the end that is what matters most.

Thanks so much for sharing 'the rest of the story' and safe travels to you and DH always.

Only one word can suffice fir this, "PHEW!!!"

Yes, I can definitely understand the frenetic pace you went through!! Been there, done that:( Daughter still hates where she was forced to sleep at the ripe old age of 4, due to mom forgetting to put the passports in her purse.:D

I am so glad that worked well and you were able to get to your Seminar. I'd love to hear more about Kenya, but I think it would be best via email since this was not a HAL or cruise related trip:)

Joanie

Dawnatsea....I am looking forward to meeting you at the Oosterdam wave as well.

One aside, I am not showing my new passport photo to anyone...DH says he has seen the look in my photo on occasion and he knows he is in deep weeds when I give him that one.

Thank you for sharing the ending of your story.

It's good to know with a valiant effort and a little divine intervention you weathered the crisis.

Many back here were wishing you well and waiting to hear the outcome.

We all learned some valuable lessons....thanks for the knowledge.:)

Sorry you took the test.;)

Don't worry about your passport photo...mine looks like I am out on parole.:D

Thank you so much for the updates to the story.

Oh and I feel you on the sleeping through the departure flight (did it for a flight last year). Be prepared to be razzed by family and friends for that for the next several years.

PHEW !! Glad you were able to get it all worked out. Samaritan's Purse is a great organization, glad you were able to make it to their function. I have learned much from your experience and even went to check to make sure my passport is where I "think" it is.....it is!!

Enjoy your upcoming cruise on the O. I took my first "solo" cruise on her :)

"This advice has been reviewed and reissued with amendments to the Summary, Crime, Political Situation and Crime sections. The overall level of the advice has not changed; we currently advise against all but essential travel to Kenya."

Wow, how did you get into Kenya? Scary times

Why Kenya was one of the questions that was asked...we had nothing to do with the planning of the event so I honestly do not know the answer to that one. People were coming in from all over Africa, Sudan, Rep. of the Congo, Uganda, Niger, Mozambique, Angola, etc. In my opinion Kenya offered the best logistics for people flying from other African countries. As for safety concerns, I can't answer that one.

Cost for an expedited passport $195. Cost for having to change tickets a lot more than that. Making it to the seminar on time PRICELESS!!!

So very glad to hear you found your passport. I keep copies of my photo/data page as well.

Since you're people of faith, years ago in college I was out sledding one cold winter night with a group of friends. One of them lost a lense from her eyeglasses in the snow. She said a quick prayer asking St. Anthony's intercession (Patron Saint of Lost Causes) and before we knew it, someone had found the lense! So getting extra help from above never hurts!

I bet a lot of us on here would appreciate the story of where your "old" passport is hiding, when you find it. I just am amazed sometimes how things sometimes hide themselves, then when I find them, I understand the logic behind why I put them there in the first place!

That's why I try to keep a routine of putting our passports away in the same place whenever I get them out, then a few days before the trip, placing them into one of the carryon bags we plan to use.

But like all, we are so glad you had a happy ending, though disappointed it cost you significantly more. But thank goodness it all worked out. Had you been on the connection from Columbus, as originally booked, assuming you realized what was going on, you could've started "working" the flight with the gate agent to reroute you (possibly on another carrier) to avoid the missed connection in DTW.

Archived