Help!!! Lost Passport leaving tomorrow!!!

matondo

I am fairly new to these boards - several months - but I still cannot understand why ANYONE would post anything negative or mean on these boards - especially in direct reply to a poster.

I know that when someone is having a difficult situation or needs help - they last thing they need is a snide comment.

I just think we should all think about what we write before we post, and how it might sound to a hurting individual.

I only know of one person who was without fault.

Where did anyone say anything negative or hurtful to the OP? I think all of us here have been very supportive and trying to help with suggestions of where to look, where to get help, suggesting she make copies for future use, how she could perhaps clear her mind to do some deep thinking etc....:confused: :confused: All seemed to be with the best of intentions, IMHO.

Any one of us could find ourselves in this situation and I'm sure we would want some help and advice, too. I know I would.

I really appreciate all of your support, prayers and suggestions. I need all the help I can get.

Fridayeyes...I tried what you said it just blinked and did nothing. It could be me though but I think I did everything step by step.

I am collecting everything I need and I am going to visit my congressman in the morning. I have an expired passport but I doubt that will help much.

Last time I had it was weeks ago sitting on the couch in the family room filling out the cruise docs on my laptop. I just can't figure out how DH has his and I am sure I filled our info out at the same time.

I will keep you posted when I have some hopefully good news.

I've done a similar thing from the couch - and papers slipped down between cushions etc. Check the couch and GOOD LUCK - let us know what ended up happening on this adventure.

sp

I can totally sympathize with the OP because it did almost happen to me once. I was going to visit my sister in France over spring break. The night before my flight I was getting everything together and went to the fire box to get my passport and it wasn't there. I searched that house all over. I filled garbage bags with things to be thrown out from drawers, cupboards and closets. About 2 am I gave up and went to bed and slept until 6 am when I got up and started the process all over again. Finally, about 10 that morning I realized I was going nowhere and called the airline. They put me on hold for a few minutes. I was sitting on the kitchen floor, totally demoralized and crying. While waiting on hold I opened a cupboard and there is was, safe and sound in a casserole dish. I had 30 minutes to finish packing, shower and get dressed to leave for the airport, but I did make it.

Needless to say, I have checked for my passport after reading this thread. I don't need it until January, but I never want to go through that again.

Debbie

My mother would say, "God put it there!"

I used to live in Ohio ... close to Kent!

As for the comment by another poster about negativity ... WHERE? :confused:

I must have missed it too!

There has been so much support for the OP and sharing of ideas.

I guess the only negative comment was a critical remark about contacting a legislator regarding this problem.

Going to check on my passport now ... And I don't even need it for a while!

Gosh, I can't get the OP off my mind. I keep checking back here periodically to see if there is any word. I am hoping for the best!

Do you know that if you go to "thread tools" at the top of the page, you can select email notifications? That way you will get an email whenever anyone responds to this thread. I have been getting plenty, but still nothing from the OP. I sure hope she updates us soon. We are all anxiously awaiting her outcome, hoping it is a good!!!

Me too. :( I hope she had good luck and was able to travel.

They must be on their way to somewhere - otherwise I think she would have come back to tell us all something. Now, whether they actually made that international flight today or not, I rather doubt it. She may be trying all avenues to get an expedited passport and just hasn't had time to come back and post. She was on my mind last evening as well....I even went to check & makes sure our passports were in the safe in our bedroom closet, as we are leaving next week. They were there...whew!!! :)

Do you know that if you go to "thread tools" at the top of the page, you can select email notifications? That way you will get an email whenever anyone responds to this thread. I have been getting plenty, but still nothing from the OP. I sure hope she updates us soon. We are all anxiously awaiting her outcome, hoping it is a good!!!

Thanks, yes, I do know about that. I think so many of us are following this story.

I even went to check & makes sure our passports were in the safe in our bedroom closet, as we are leaving next week. They were there...whew!!! :)

Several of you mention keeping important papers in a safe. The only kinds of safes I know of are the ones a thief could easily carry out of a house. I always wondered about the point of those. Are there other kinds of safes people are referring to?

Several of you mention keeping important papers in a safe. The only kinds of safes I know of are the ones a thief could easily carry out of a house. I always wondered about the point of those. Are there other kinds of safes people are referring to?

i keep my baubbles in this:

big-safe_(2).274100514_std.jpg

:D:D:D

Did anyone who have been following this thread not go look for their passports last night or today? I think most of us probably wanted to be sure where ours are.

Yes, I checked... they were right where I thought they would be. Never hurts to check... and check again...:D

B

Ours is a small safe built into the wall of our master bedroom closet. A thief would have to take out the entire wall to get it out of the house. :D

I think the OP is a fake - he/she would have come back to tell us.

Don't waste anymore time on this.

You have the right to your opinion :rolleyes:.

The OP was either supposed to be travelling today or trying to get an expedited passport so she COULD travel. Either way - both are more important issues to her right now than posting on a chat room board.

I'm sure she will let us all know how it turns out.

Ours is a small safe built into the wall of our master bedroom closet. A thief would have to take out the entire wall to get it out of the house. :D

Okay, that makes sense. I suppose I should look into something like that. We have a safe deposit box, but that is limited in size.

I think the OP is a fake - he/she would have come back to tell us.

Don't waste anymore time on this.

If the question came from a first time poster, I would be inclined to wonder the same thing. However, this poster has a history here. Check out all her previous posts.

You have the right to your opinion :rolleyes:.

The OP was either supposed to be travelling today or trying to get an expedited passport so she COULD travel. Either way - both are more important issues to her right now than posting on a chat room board.

I'm sure she will let us all know how it turns out.

Her original post was last night at 8:30, saying she was leaving for an international flight tomorrow afternoon, obviously meaning this afternoon. So no news would be good news in that it hopefully means she was able to get a letter faxed from the State Dept and/or Homeland Security allowing her to fly or else somehow got an expedited passport in just a few hours and is on her way. So we may not hear anything for a long time until her trip is over.

I'll withhold judgement until we hear from her or until it is obvious by not hearing that there is something suspicious about this thread. There is no reason to think otherwise at this point.

Her original post was last night at 8:30, saying she was leaving for an international flight tomorrow afternoon, obviously meaning this afternoon. So no news would be good news in that it hopefully means she was able to get a letter faxed from the State Dept and/or Homeland Security allowing her to fly or else somehow got an expedited passport in just a few hours and is on her way. So we may not hear anything for a long time until her trip is over.

I'll withhold judgement until we hear from her or until it is obvious by not hearing that there is something suspicious about this thread. There is no reason to think otherwise at this point.

Absolutely! This was not the OP's first post, so I'm more inclined to think that she is doing as you say above - hope so, anyway.

Archived