Washing sheets, advice needed pls

wannatan

Hi Im from the UK need info about the Purex 3 in 1 washing sheets from cruise critic US members.

Will be visiting Vegas before our carrib cruise, and would like to find this form of washing detergent, as it will be so much easier im sure to use. BUT...

Is it any good

Does it contain bleach, as would not want to use if it does as will distroy colours im sure.

does it clean whites well?

and do you use the same sheet for the washing and the drying

Also any idea where to purchase on the Strip

As from the UK have not got much info of this product as not sold here.

Any info would be welcomed

Thankyou

Hi Im from the UK need info about the Purex 3 in 1 washing sheets from cruise critic US members.

Will be visiting Vegas before our carrib cruise, and would like to find this form of washing detergent, as it will be so much easier im sure to use. BUT...

Is it any good

Does it contain bleach, as would not want to use if it does as will distroy colours im sure.

Thankyou

I have had this product in my laundry for at least a year and finally used them on our cruise a couple of weeks ago. It worked great. Same sheet which contains the soap was then used as the dryer sheet. A real no brainer! Packs flat and made the suitcase smell fresh. I would guess you could buy them at Target or a supermarket. Hope you find them.

We bought the 3 in 1 laundry sheets in Florida last year and used them in the motel laundry machines. Had plenty left and took on Star Princess cruise early this year. They worked very well. Don't know about getting them near the strip but I am sure some of our US posters will tell you that.

Regards Iain & Frances

i assume that you are planning to do laundry in vegas before you get to the cruise ship. Some ships do no have self-service laundries. Those that do have a special liquid soap that is made for the enviroment.

i have seen them in grocery stores and walmart.

no visiting vegas 4 weeks before cruise.

I assume that you are planning to do laundry in Vegas before you get to the cruise ship. Some ships do no have self-service laundries. Those that do have a special liquid soap that is made for the enviroment.

I have seen them in grocery stores and WalMart.

Princess soap dispensing machines had a standard powdered detergent, nothing special. EM

There is a Walgreen's Drug store on the Strip.

Given it's location, I don't know if they would have laundry products, but it'd be worth a try.

I have a few of them that I got as a free sample that I am saving for a long cruise next year. Have not tried them yet, but bleach is not listed as one of the ingredients in them.

I've used them several times and they are great. You can get them at any grocery store/ Walgreens or CVS pharmacies, Walmart. You can get the "Purex FREE" if you want them without fragrance. They follow the clothes from washer (detergent, fabric softener) to dryer (static cling).

A tip: The original packaging is rather bulky, so take them out and put them in a ziplock bag and they will pack flat.

I use them for nearly all my laundry at home and when traveling. (I use a liquid product for doing hand laundry at home.) Great product that works really well. Also saves the effort of carrying home heavy boxes or bottles of the usual detergents.

Mush less storage space needed for this product as well.

They're great. I got some for our trip to Disney World last year

Same here! They also make your suitcase smell great.

I would imagine that you could find them in any major store that sells laundry supplies. They come in many different scents, etc

We use the hypoallergenic version - It is Free & Clear, I believe.

I found them at Walmart... top shelf, next to other Purex detergents, not near the dryer sheets. I know every Walmart may be different, but this will at least give you a starting point. They are in a royal blue package that is a plastic wrapper, not a box. I think the unscented is in a white package with blue writing. You can buy 20 with a dispenser or 24 without dispenser for same price. There are brighteners, but not bleach. Some have complained about spots on their laundry after doing many loads using only this product. The company suggests that it could be a build up of softener. The remedy is to rewash with regular detergent. (Maybe the softener stayed with that particular article for a long time in the dryer.... it happens more often in overly full loads.)

I dont care if you use them but they arent good for the environment as they are 1 more thing to go to a landfill and they plug up screens on dryers just as other softeners do. If you use a softener, run water thru your lint screen and see if it passes, if not, scrub it with dawn or similar dish soap. Walmart and any grocery store, Smiths, Albertsons, Food for Less, and Vons.

I dont care if you use them but they arent good for the environment as they are 1 more thing to go to a landfill and they plug up screens on dryers just as other softeners do. If you use a softener, run water thru your lint screen and see if it passes, if not, scrub it with dawn or similar dish soap. Walmart and any grocery store, Smiths, Albertsons, Food for Less, and Vons.

Thank you for mentioning the environment. Sheets like these contain plastics that aren't biodegradable. Where I live, cardboard boxes and detergent bottles are both recyclable, so those would be my first choice. However, for cruising (not good for the environment, either but I do it anyway!) they seem like a convenient product.

Not trying to preach at all, just sharing info.

Is it any good

Thankyou

If you Google Purex you will find all your answeres on their Web site. That's what I just did - lots of good info, and I will be getting some before our next trip.

Has anyone that is skin sensitive used the fragrance free ones? I am very sensitive to soaps and can actually only use a small amount of cheer free and natural in my laundry, even the dreft type things for babies make me break out, I hate to try something new when I am not home, but would love the convienience. Any feedback would be great! Thanks

Where are you staying on the strip? There's 2 places I can think of that should sell them, there's a drugstore, don't remember the name near the venetian on the same side of the street and there's another near the NY NY, almost in front the Coke and M&M store. You should be able to find it there.

Where are you staying on the strip? There's 2 places I can think of that should sell them, there's a drugstore, don't remember the name near the venetian on the same side of the street and there's another near the NY NY, almost in front the Coke and M&M store. You should be able to find it there.

When you get to vegas take a taxi ask him to take you down to the Albertsons (groccery store) Its only a couple blocks off the strip. (maybe a 3 to 5 min trip) The extra cost of the taxi will still be less then what you will pay for anything in the stores on the strip! This is especially true for any kind of adult beverage! My last trip I wanted a bottle of Patron it was $70 on the strip I took a taxi to the Albertsons payed 39 bucks! Plus got some water and snacks! Much cheaper!

Archived