Cunard or CCL?

scrapmamma

In light of John Heald's recent FB post. I was wondering if people would rather spend their money on one Cunard cruise or three CCL cruises?

That new Cunard ship looked fabulous! Just once I'd love to cruise on one of their ships! :)

In the meantime I love the value I get from CCL.

ETA: I know you can't really compare the two cruiselines but I thought it would be fun to ask anyway. lol

In light of John Heald's recent FB post. I was wondering if people would rather spend their money on one Cunard cruise or three CCL cruises?

That new Cunard ship looked fabulous! Just once I'd love to cruise on one of their ships! :)

It's like comparing apples and oranges. Although I can get more bang for my buck at Longhorn Steakhouse, I'd like to enjoy dinner at Morton's Steakhouse once in a while.

With that said, I'd take a Cunard cruise for a special celebration. For example, I'm planning a special cruise for our 10th wedding anniversary, and I have my eyes on a cruise to the Eastern Mediterranean including Egypt. One of the options is aboard Cunard. Yes, it will be expensive, but once again, it's a special celebration so I would definitely spend the money.

If I just want to take an affordable cruise for a few days to the Caribbean, Carnival will be my first option.

It's like comparing apples and oranges. Although I can get more bang for my buck at Longhorn Steakhouse, I'd like to enjoy dinner at Morton's Steakhouse once in a while.

With that said, I'd take a Cunard cruise for a special celebration. For example, I'm planning a special cruise for our 10th wedding anniversary, and I have my eyes on a cruise to the Eastern Mediterranean including Egypt. One of the options is aboard Cunard. Yes, it will be expensive, but once again, it's a special celebration so I would definitely spend the money.

If I just want to take an affordable cruise for a few days to the Caribbean, Carnival will be my first option.

My DD10 who loves cruising is begging me to take her on a cruise that goes to Egypt!! :eek:

Toni

My DD10 who loves cruising is begging me to take her on a cruise that goes to Egypt!! :eek:

Toni

Fancy taste! I figured out how much a 12 night cruise to Egypt would be, including shore excursions, pre cruise hotel, airfare, transfers, and money to spend, and let's just say that I could probably take 5 weeklong Carnival cruises for what the Egypt cruise will cost!

Fancy taste! I figured out how much a 12 night cruise to Egypt would be, including shore excursions, pre cruise hotel, airfare, transfers, and money to spend, and let's just say that I could probably take 5 weeklong Carnival cruises for what the Egypt cruise will cost!

I bet! Yeah, I told her to get her college education, get a good job and she can go on as many as she wants!

It sure would be an adventure though, Egypt...wow!

ETA: I know you can't really compare the two cruiselines but I thought it would be fun to ask anyway. lol

I love cruising on CCL, so I don't want to know what the more expensive cruise ships are like. That way I don't know what I am missing (if anything).

I bet! Yeah, I told her to get her college education, get a good job and she can go on as many as she wants!

It sure would be an adventure though, Egypt...wow!

If she gets a good enough job tell her she can take you on the cruise!:D

We did 13 days in the med last summer and I could have taken over 15 Carnival week long cruises for what that one cost, but there is/was no comparison. Just because I like quality doesn't mean that quantity is bad. BTW there is no way that I would do the med on any mass market line, you need to have a port a day and be there for at least 12 hours to get the fullest out of the voyage.

We did a westbound transatlantic on the Queen Mary a few years ago. After spending 2 weeks touring Scotland it was a great way to relax. The ship is magnificent, we had a balcony cabin that was fairly comparable in size to Carnival, but they put the sofa near the balcony so you can sit there and look out. IMHO food was not as good as Carnival, buffet was very choppy in design and you had lots of older folks trying to carry trays around.

Dinner is definitely dressy as are the shows and after dinner clubs. On Carnival we often get back into our relaxing clothes and then go to one of the bars for a few drinks. This is not done on Cunard.

It was a wonderful experience and I would do it again in a heartbeat. DH keeps looking at the Queen Victoria and Panama.....we'll see.:rolleyes:

We did 13 days in the med last summer and I could have taken over 15 Carnival week long cruises for what that one cost, but there is/was no comparison. Just because I like quality doesn't mean that quantity is bad. BTW there is no way that I would do the med on any mass market line, you need to have a port a day and be there for at least 12 hours to get the fullest out of the voyage.

One of the best vacations of my life was a mass market Med cruise on the Ruby Princess. I simply do not understand what you mean about Mass market lines and needing a port day. Most of the port days on on our Ruby Princess cruise were 12 hours and it's pretty much the same with our Carnival Med cruise next year (and Rome is 15 hours). A better rule for the Med is that it's all about the ports and less about the ship. The great thing about Princess and Carnival is that you'll be entertained after dinner on your cruise - not so much on the premium lines.

Archived