ATM's at the Barcelona airport

tomatopa

We are sailing out of Barcelona and want to get our Euros at the airport.

can someone tell me how easy it is to find ATM's there? and where they are located...also can someone tell me which terminal we will be landing at when we fly form USA.

thanks, I did do a search, but not quite what I needed to know.

Judy

There are several ATMs, but be aware: not all of them will accept your card. the first one we tried would not give out money to us, but did to those from other banks. So we had to try another machine and it worked. That also happened while walking around Barcelona - so not all banks are going to recognize your US card. Make sure that you travel with several alternatives. And make sure your passcode is a number and not a word - they only recognize numbers.

Thanks for starting this thread with useful BCN ATM location information. We fly into BCN on 6 Nov and willl use the information provided bf (Hkto and April7901) thanks to them as well.

ATMs everywhere!

The larger question is make sure you don't need more than a "few" euros or daily and bank limits might come into way play. No question that ATMs is the cheapest

We are sailing out of Barcelona and want to get our Euros at the airport.

can someone tell me how easy it is to find ATM's there? and where they are located...also can someone tell me which terminal we will be landing at when we fly form USA.

thanks, I did do a search, but not quite what I needed to know.

Judy

You will fly into the new Terminal 1 from the USA on Delta(and most other international carriers).

I usually bring some euros with me to start as I don't want to deal with it after such a long flight and while holding onto a bunch of luggage!

• 3 weeks later...

I know many will disagree with me and mention that they never had any problems, but:

We always get enough Euros to cover a minimum of our first day or two of expenses. Our local bank charges customers no service charge and their exchange rate is 5% above the spot market rate - so getting $500 worth of Euros costs only $25. Many ATM cards charge a 3% service fee and even if yours does not there are at least a few dollars in ATM Fees.

The benefit is not having to worry what happens if your ATM card isn't working. A friend traveling with us last year had problems getting money out of ATM's in Barcelona until he found a Citibank down one block.

Archived