Horizon Court VS Caribe Cafe ?

nimiq

Maybe it's just me and maybe because it was a "new" ship to me, but not once in my 7 night cruise on the Emerald did I FIND the Cafe Caribe. Frankly I couldn't really tell where the "regular" buffet ended and where this supposed one began :( I walked around one night and there were "this side is closed, go to that side" signs and saw some sort of buffet (which was quiet, and sad looking) but never really could differentiate which was supposed to be which and whether they were different... Plus, I really thought it was a HAUL .. seemed like a nonstop walk to the aft and then keep going and go through a maze to get there. As such, only ate one breakfast in the buffet area (which was a horrible zoo) and that late night foray.....

Maybe it's just me and maybe because it was a "new" ship to me, but not once in my 7 night cruise on the Emerald did I FIND the Cafe Caribe. Frankly I couldn't really tell where the "regular" buffet ended and where this supposed one began :( I walked around one night and there were "this side is closed, go to that side" signs and saw some sort of buffet (which was quiet, and sad looking) but never really could differentiate which was supposed to be which and whether they were different... Plus, I really thought it was a HAUL .. seemed like a nonstop walk to the aft and then keep going and go through a maze to get there. As such, only ate one breakfast in the buffet area (which was a horrible zoo) and that late night foray.....

To find the Cafe Caribe on the Emerald, when you leave the aft elevator staircase area turn to the rear of the ship where the secondary buffet seating area is. There's another buffet set up back there, and the tables are set with cloth tablecloths and napkins for the evening meals. Servers will get your drinks, also. In August, the Cafe Carbe section opened for dinner at 5:30 pm.

I also respect your right to your opinion but like Clutterlady we very much like the Caribe. The past three cruises we've eaten almost all of our evening meals there and not only have we found many wonderful food selections but we have always had excellent service. On a 10 day cruise the staff has even remembered our names and what we wanted to drink.

We eat all our meals in the Horizon Court and Cafe Caribe.............we love it~~ can see what is there and take as little or as much as we care to.......service is great !!

Up and until our Alaskan cruise in May we had only eaten in the Horizon court for breakfast and lunch. We did do the first night Sea food buffet twice but don't think they offer it any longer. On our last night in Alaska to save time we decided to have dinner in the Caribe Cafe. We were so pleasantly surprised with what they offered ...in fact the scallops that I had were better than what I had eaten in the dining room. Well, In September we did a 10 day cruise on the Emerald and did not hesitate to have dinner some nights to save time. We noticed that quite a few fellow passengers did the same.

Archived