It is possible to make a 10:28am flight out of FLL morning of disembark?

RCCLgal

If your port is Ft. Laud (Port Everglades) then, yes...you shouldn't have a problem. Just make sure the ship knows you do have and early flight, and you'll be in one of the 1st groups off. You won't even need to do the self-carry thing.

Many will tell you "we had no problem. Don't worry."

Remember that is their experience and yours might not be the same.

Sure the odds are that you will make the flight IF everything goes according to schedule. Just remember that there are factors like fog, computer breakdowns, immigration delays, etc., that can cause problems.

I would book a later flight, but that's just me!

I do agree with bettycruiser. It can be done, I have done it on Carnival. I paid extra money for first off with them taking care of my baggage, but it can be iffy.

If any travel alerts get put in place while you are on the cruise, nothing is going to help you make your flight.

I would strongly recommend taking a later flight if possible. It will make your entire vacation more enjoyable if you don't have to worry about making your flight.

I agree with YOGIMAX on this one. You can go on numerous cruises without a hitch at disembarkation. BUT, if you DO encounter a delay due to customs, immigration etc, you CAN be delayed disembarking for a few hours. We were delayed 3 hours getting off the Triumph in 2006 because someone put the wrong passport number on their customs declaration. Personally, When I have to fly to cruise, I plan the return flight no earlier than 12:00pm. I would rather sit at the airport for a few hours than have to pay the extra to rebook the flight home. IF, they have one available that day!!!

I am sailing on the allure 12/5 and I am looking at booking my flight home. Is it possible to make a 10:28am flight if we do walk off disembarkation?

thanks

Yes.

1.As long as you do self disembarking.

2. As long as nothing goes wrong.

3. As long as you are not the worrying type and worrying ruins your cruise.:eek:

Sure you could make that flight if everything goes smooth....so the question is NOT whether or not you can make a 10:28AM flight; it's if I miss that flight what is plan B? Are their later flights, availability and is there any additional rebooking fees, etc? Remember, this is a major turn around for cruise ship and many flights if not all may be sold out.

There's 6 ships slated for departure on Dec 12th from Port Everglades therefore should assume there are 6 ships disembarking that day as well

Allure 5400

Carnival Freedom 2900

Ruby Princess 3000

Holland Amsterdam 2100

Celebrity Solstice 2800

MSC Poesia 3600

(Capacity #'s compliments of wikipedia)

Total passengers has a potential to be just shy of 20k

Assuming 1/2 are flying home that day - 10000 people @ FLL

That's alot of peeps!

As many have said it can be done but it is risky. The good news is you are going home, so if you miss the flight and have to take a later one it is not nearly as critical as getting to the ship at the start of your vacation. The airlines are a model for an industry that can go out of their way to screw things up and provide the absolute bare minimum of customer service. If you keep an open mind and are willing to go with the flow, you can try booking the early flight, but keep in mind there are a ton of factors out of your control that could effect you making that flight. Best case you make the flight and get home early, worse case you miss the flight and have to get rebooked on a later one and possibly have to pay a change fee.

I love to tell of my one and only FLL departure flight....

We had an 11:44am out of FLL after our cruise... We were slated to be in the first group off the ship that morning and we were carrying our own luggage... Unfortunately something went wrong with customs... First group off the ship wasn't cleared to leave until a little bit after 9:30... By the time we were physically off the ship and in a cab it was already about 10:30... Arrived at the airport... Place is packed with people and security lines were long.... They were boarding the last group for our flight as we walked up...

While it is doable since this is the first time that the Allure pulls back into Port Everglades there seems to me a whole host of things that could go wrong -- disembarkation might not be smooth at all! It's bad enough with ships when folks know the "lay of the land." On this sailing one might think there are a lot of of folks for whom this size & layout of ship are all new... think "folks standing in hallways and corridors and blocking all sorts of exits!"

I wouldn't do it. I'd plan a noon flight and hang around until they kicked me off.

Best case you make the flight and get home early, worse case you miss the flight and have to get rebooked on a later one and possibly have to pay a change fee.

Generally you have to not only pay a change fee, but also pay any fare difference between the tickets you had and the going cost for the new tickets - this can be substantial. Unless you are a VIP in the airline's reward program few airlines waive such changes these days. It can be extremely costly to miss a flight - and with so many flights flying at or near capacity these days it is not always easy to get on another flight any time soon.

Make sure you do the luggage valet so you don't have to check your bags at the counter. Doing luggage valet will take care of your bags and give you your boarding pass and then you can go straight to security check line. All the counters and curbside check in had HUGE lines in February. We waited over an hour to check our bags.

Make sure you do the luggage valet so you don't have to check your bags at the counter. Doing luggage valet will take care of your bags and give you your boarding pass and then you can go straight to security check line. All the counters and curbside check in had HUGE lines in February. We waited over an hour to check our bags.

Way too early a flight for valet, usually after 12pm or later

Way too early a flight for valet, usually after 12pm or later

For luggage valet:

Dock in FLL, fly out of FLL, flight must be 11:30am or later

Dock in FLL, fly out of MIA, flight must be 2:00pm or later

I didn't want to get flamed, so I waited a whole week to post this!! lol

We are on the Liberty on January 9th (Miami), arrival is scheduled for 6:00am, we have an 11;00 flight out of FLL. We are doing self-debarkation, and will be catching a taxi to FLL. Manageable or Not? All comments welcomed.

As a note our last cruise out of Miami, we were off the ship by 8:00, and had a 3:00 flight, we managed to get 4 people on an early flight, but out of MIA.

Catching a flight on time & esp the day of disembarkation is gambling of a sort - its the degrees one talks about...Early departures big gamble & the later departures small gamble & really much later almost eliminates the gamble entirely..

Now for myself, I don't much like a timed gamble, I like a reasonably sure thing (can't stand crowds anyway) so I usually now fly home at least late day or the day+ after..

After a few times 'sweating' while trying to make flts at 11 am & noon - stressful way to end a cruise anyway :) - we booked a 10 day cruise & then a flight home 2 days after debarkation..

Excellent decision..had problem with ship & arrival time & then something with immigration also - folks were panicking & many onboard missed their flts. ...We were so relaxed 'cause knew we wldn't...have since then always booked, if not the next day or later, for late day instead..On our flt home chatted with a couple that missed their flt and finally got on ours to fly home..guess what they were never going to do again? :)

The answer to anyone that wants to know if the time they have chosen is 'doable' because no one can say for sure any time will be - are: what is your gambling tolerance - do u like to gamble 'big' or 'small' and how much will it cost u if u lose (and can u afford it)?

So, just how lucky do u feel?

Have happy cruisin'! :)

Archived