Princess Osso Bucco

nimiq

Hello all,

Can anyone tell me if we can find this dish on the Ruby Princess for Nov. We have had Osso Bucco so far on 2 of Princess ships that is the Diamond and the Sapphire as both have that 4 call MDR. This is my favorite dish and Princess make it better than a land restaurant.

sea ya

Eric

Unlike the Diamond and the Sapphire, none of the other Princess ships have Osso Bucco more than once during a cruise, if that. My suggestion is to speak to the Maitre d' and request it for a specific night or nights. They will make it for you, even if it's not on the menu, with 24-hour notice.

osso bucco is a braised veal shank on the bone. Usually with some kind of tomato based cooking sauce. The meat is very tender and you can eat the bone marrow with a small spoon. I have not had it on Princess, but it is delicious at the restaraunts where I have had it.

When we were on the Sapphire this year, you could get it in the dining room that turns into an "anytime dining room" at 8pm. Can't remember the name of the dining room... where's that ship map??.....I think it's the Vivaldi. Love the Osso Bucco on Princess! That and souffles but they're getting skimpy on the souffles anymore, darn it! :rolleyes:

When we were on the Sapphire this year, you could get it in the dining room that turns into an "anytime dining room" at 8pm. Can't remember the name of the dining room... where's that ship map??.....I think it's the Vivaldi. Love the Osso Bucco on Princess! That and souffles but they're getting skimpy on the souffles anymore, darn it! :rolleyes:

You are correct, it is the Vivaldi that has it every night as their specialty entrée.

Archived