looking for ideas for cc gatherings

angel4daffodil

Hi everyone

I'm looking for some suggestions for our cc group. Already have participated in cabin crawls, gift exchanges and bar crawls. Just hoping for some new ideas for our group. I've read of something called a slot pull--don't know what that is?? Any other suggestions? I would appreciate anyone's input. Thanks!

Hi everyone

I'm looking for some suggestions for our cc group. Already have participated in cabin crawls, gift exchanges and bar crawls. Just hoping for some new ideas for our group. I've read of something called a slot pull--don't know what that is?? Any other suggestions? I would appreciate anyone's input. Thanks!

get together at sail-away, plan a luncheon on board (you can do this with the help of Princess rep for the ship you will be on)..I've planned both of these type of functions before...other ideas I have seen...card groups, knitting groups, getting together for tips on cell phones/ipads etc. and working with the ship to have CCers sit together in an area in the MDR for dinner...hope this helps! LuAnn

Hi everyone

I've organized slot pulls on a couple of cruises. If you don't mind posting your e mail I can e mail a note I sent to another cruise critic person with the details. But the short answer is everyone contributes $21, we load the machine up and everyone get's 7 spins of a $1 max 3 coin machine. Whever is on the machine when done is split.

On our Sapphire cruise a couple of years ago, someone organized a Mothers Day brunch that was fabulous. We had a very large, and active, roll call and 187 people signed up. It was $20/pp and included eggs Benedict, omelets, and other goodies, all the champagne or wine you could drink, etc. They made an ice sculpture for us as well as baked a special cake. We had printed menus commemorating the occasion. I'll have to find the photos of the menu and post them. The CD and Asst CD were there plus a few officers. Great party.

Thanks Luann--I like the idea of a luncheon. Is there a person of specific rank that I would contact on the ship like the cruise director? If you know?? Last year we tried to get everyone together in the English Pub on the Ruby but it wasn't very organized so we didn't have a lot of people show up. It sounds like a great idea for a sea day. Thanks again, Caroline

Hi Sharon--That sounds like a lot of fun. Thanks for offering the details. My email is

angel4daffodil@yahoo.com. Is it something that a lot of people were interested in participating in? Thanks again--Caroline

There was pretty decent interest. I think we had up to 20 particpating and others just watching. It was a very active roll call. We didn't win squat but it was fun anyway. I'll send you a note when I'm on my home computer tonight.

Have also read about pub/poker crawls or cabin/poker crawls. There was something recently on the princes forum about that. you might be able to search for it.

On our Sapphire cruise a couple of years ago, someone organized a Mothers Day brunch that was fabulous. We had a very large, and active, roll call and 187 people signed up. It was $20/pp and included eggs Benedict, omelets, and other goodies, all the champagne or wine you could drink, etc. They made an ice sculpture for us as well as baked a special cake. We had printed menus commemorating the occasion. I'll have to find the photos of the menu and post them. The CD and Asst CD were there plus a few officers. Great party.
Here are photos of the menu that Princess printed up for us for our luncheon:

brunchmenu1A.jpg

brunchmenu2B1.jpg

brunchmenu2B2.jpg

Thanks Luann--I like the idea of a luncheon. Is there a person of specific rank that I would contact on the ship like the cruise director?
In the past, when someone from the roll call has organized a lunch, they've gone to the Maitre d' to set it up. He set aside tables on one side or area of the dining room being used for lunch for us. I've been to lunches with 8 - 10 tables (4 - 8 people per table) set aside.

Hi everyone

We had a group breakfast toward the end of one cruise on the last sea day where we met to talk about cruise highlights. Only problem is we were limited by table sizes.

One cruise had a "buyer's remorse" get together where people brought the souveniers they had second thoughts about, with trading possible. I didn't go but heard it was pretty amusing.

We've done tea together, with the ladies putting on creative hats, gloves, strands of pearls, and the like, and had a great fun time.

Also, had our own wine tasting in a member's mini'suite. Everyone brought along at least a bottle from a winery close to them, and some also brought along snacks that were specialties of their area of the country. It's easy to manage other snacks - just go up to Horizon Court and have volunteers make up cheese plates, fruit and veggie plates. Everyone brought a wine glass or two (from their cabin steward or room service)...and we basically skipped dinner that night. We felt a bit sorry for the cabin steward who had to deal with the party aftermath - the count on the empty bottles was embarrassingly high.

Also, group dinner at one of the specialty restaurants. Very nice.

Sailaway get-together, luncheon together, breakfast on the last sea day, all of these are great cc gathering ideas.

Ginger

We'll be on Princess for the first time this July...I do not see anyplace on CC to register for an "official" get together like the Meet & Mingle & Connections events on Celebrity and Royal C...

Am I correct to assume that we are on our own for both the informal sailaway party & any other gatherings? Is there someone on bd who helps organize an event if folks want to get together--well they supply coffee & cake, would officers attend?

Guess I'll be studying this thread for some easy ideas..

Hi everyone--Thanks for the great suggestions. I had no idea I would get so many responses--keep them coming! I will be passing them on to the folks in our group. Hcat--did you check the princess roll calls for the ship and date you are sailing; there should be a group already formed--otherwise you could actually be the one to start one. I know last year I was on the Ruby and the woman who organized our group contacted someone on the ship for our official meet and greet and several officers came, including the captain. Again, thanks for all the responses to my question. Have a great weekend!

We've done tea together, with the ladies putting on creative hats, gloves, strands of pearls, and the like, and had a great fun time.

Also, had our own wine tasting in a member's mini'suite. Everyone brought along at least a bottle from a winery close to them, and some also brought along snacks that were specialties of their area of the country. It's easy to manage other snacks - just go up to Horizon Court and have volunteers make up cheese plates, fruit and veggie plates. Everyone brought a wine glass or two (from their cabin steward or room service)...and we basically skipped dinner that night. We felt a bit sorry for the cabin steward who had to deal with the party aftermath - the count on the empty bottles was embarrassingly high.

Also, group dinner at one of the specialty restaurants. Very nice.

Sailaway get-together, luncheon together, breakfast on the last sea day, all of these are great cc gathering ideas.

Ginger

Ginger;

And the problem with that is.....:D:):D

Bob

Hi everyone

We've done a gift exchange at the formal M&G--those participating bring a wrapped gift, value about $10, with something depicting their home State or Province. Bring a gift, get a gift! Great ice breaker!

Janette

Thanks Luann--I like the idea of a luncheon. Is there a person of specific rank that I would contact on the ship like the cruise director? If you know?? Last year we tried to get everyone together in the English Pub on the Ruby but it wasn't very organized so we didn't have a lot of people show up. It sounds like a great idea for a sea day. Thanks again, Caroline

On most of the cruise lines (including Princess) there are designated "reps" that help co-ordinate events on board...and they are located in the home offices. Each person usually handles several ships. I would suggest you start with the loyalty dept. first (eg..Captain's Circle on Princess)..they should be able to direct you to the correct rep for the ship you are sailing on.

On this last cruise on the Diamond we had over 80 CCers signed up for the luncheon...and they put us in the Santa Fe dining room, which is not normally used during lunch hours. The only draw-back was that Princess would not confirm the date for the luncheon until after we had boarded...with Celebrity they have allowed us to have a pre-arranged date which we could publish on CC. So, if you can, try and push for a set date...will save you notifiying everyone when on board...(if you need to do that be sure you get eveyone cabin numbers)

Usually a few CCers will chip in to help you decorate (if you decide to go that route...eg. use a theme based on the time of year or just use some colorerd paper napkins, streamers, etc)...it just makes the tables look more special. I've also seen small, inexpensive gifts given out to guests based on a verbal quiz given..usually based on facts about the ship. You can really make it as simple or elaborate as you want. I bring stick on name tags.

A real "ice breaker" is the M&M game...just bring some M&M's and place a plate or two at each table...and then ask everyone to take some and place them on their bread plate...as many or as few as they want. Then, after the welcome, ask everyone at the table to share with each other, at that table, a fact about themselves for each M&M they have...really gets converstaions going!

Hope this helps...let me know if you have any further questions...LuAnn

We'll be on Princess for the first time this July...I do not see anyplace on CC to register for an "official" get together like the Meet & Mingle & Connections events on Celebrity and Royal C...

Am I correct to assume that we are on our own for both the informal sailaway party & any other gatherings? Is there someone on bd who helps organize an event if folks want to get together--well they supply coffee & cake, would officers attend?

Guess I'll be studying this thread for some easy ideas..

has started to publish a M&G in the Patter, usually on the first several sea days of a cruise...on the 2 Princess cruises I have done this year (Sea in June and Diamond in Sept.) here's what happened...no M&G was scheduled at the time of boarding on the Sea, but after I spoke to the Captain's Club hostess she did arrange one of us..Sept..we were able to pre-arrange a date and time with the rep for the ship from the home office..this one was held in SKywalkers..we did have bar service but no munchies and it was a no-host bar. The CD for the cruise did visit during that event...we also used this venue as a way for the groups that had formed for private tours to get together to go over any last minute details. I always bring stick on name tags and extra pens (don't expect to get most of them back! :p) Hope this helps...LuAnn

We had a group breakfast toward the end of one cruise on the last sea day where we met to talk about cruise highlights. Only problem is we were limited by table sizes.

One cruise had a "buyer's remorse" get together where people brought the souveniers they had second thoughts about, with trading possible. I didn't go but heard it was pretty amusing.

buyer's remorse!! I've organized "farewell" M&G's before and it's a great way to exchange emails, say Bon Voyage etc...It woud be fun to incorporate the "remorse" aspect!! LuAnn

We have had a few gift exchanges on our cc gatherings and they were great fun. Those who wished to participate were noted on the roll call. Gifts are usually $10 and under and a souvenir from your area or even kept a mystery. As each person put their gift on the table they introduced themselves and where they were from.

At the end of the introductions - names were selected from a draw and as your name was selected first you came to the table and selected a gift.

On another cruise there was a variation of this where the person who had their name drawn could seize a previous person's gift. (Variation of some shower type game). So if there was a particularly interesting gift it could keep getting seized until the end.

The gift idea leads to a fun time and more of a 'get to know' your cruise critic group.

Hi everyone--Thanks for the great suggestions. I had no idea I would get so many responses--keep them coming! I will be passing them on to the folks in our group. Hcat--did you check the princess roll calls for the ship and date you are sailing; there should be a group already formed--otherwise you could actually be the one to start one. I know last year I was on the Ruby and the woman who organized our group contacted someone on the ship for our official meet and greet and several officers came, including the captain. Again, thanks for all the responses to my question. Have a great weekend!

we do have a roll call going but on Celebrity & Royal C , on the roll call page you click on a link & when you get 25 people sign up for the party, the cruise line then sends out confirmations & invites after you board & provides coffee & cake & greets cruise critic members--here is sounds like guests are on their own to pick a time & place & get the cruise line involved....

I'll join in for an informal sailaway party & attend a meet & Mingle but not interested in planning a party at sea! Too complicated..esp. with an itin that is port intensive..

Archived