PRINCESS ezair

philv

Can anybody tell me about this service? Is there any advantage over ORBITZ or something like that?

I'll check the pricing with EZair along with other websites to compare to get the best deal. My next cruise I'm driving but checked rates from other cities & they were very competitive. However it will another option for a year from now when airfares become available around 330 days before sailing.

Seems like trying to get the best airfare is like trying to win the lottery...lol...good luck!

We used EZ Air for our Crown cruise in September. We like to fly Biz Class and it was a LOT cheaper than booking on our own. Heck, we were booked in First Class on AA for our flight from JFK to LAX, and it was true First Class. The food was incredible; better than anything we had at any meal on the ship, believe it or not. That's been my experience with using Princess air in the past. Sometimes I book my own air, sometimes I use Princess air. It all depends. I do my research first.

One thing to keep in mind is that if you get Princess insurance, it doesn't cover EZ Air. However, they "guarantee" that they will get you to the next port if you are delayed.

This next cruise is the first time we have NOT booked air with Princess. Princess had wanted almost $200 more person. We didn't need the insurance if we missed the ship b/c we are flying into Ft Lauderdale a couple days early....Do check prices, it is worth it.

Played around with EZ-Air while pricing airfare for phantom bookings. Found the prices cheaper in every respect over what I was able to find using non EZ-Air sites.....

Bob

For our upcoming cruise:

EZair $1691.66 per person

On my own: $1212.20 per person, a savings of $479.46 per person, over 28% saved.

One thing to remember with EZAir: there are two different booking types. One is flexible and the other is non-flexible. The non-flexible is cheaper than the flexible. So when you compare prices, check out both options.

The EZAir price I quoted above was the cheaper option. It was the flexible option and was cheaper than the non-flexible option.

Sorry I couldn't reply earlier - I just joined (so I could reply) and it took a few days to activate the account. Disclaimer: I am a travel agent.

The BIG difference no one mentioned between EZAir and booking elsewhere: Princess guarantees to get you to the ship if your flight is delayed/cancelled and you bought EZAir. So if you miss the cruise, Princess will pay for the flight to the next port. Note that they will not pay for any hotel stay associated with this though.

If you buy air on your own (through an online agency for example) you would be responsible for the airfare to the next port if the flight is delayed and you miss the ship. If you purchase a trip insurance policy that covers "trip interruption" then you could use that benefit to get you to the next port.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Has anyone ever missed the ship and actually had Princess fly them to the next port? From doing a search on here and on the cruise air forum it sounds like they "may" help you out but they may not
Yes, but that was years ago before e-tickets. I was stuck in Boston in a snowstorm that hadn't been predicted and even though I was flying into San Juan a day early, missed the ship. I was able to fly to MIA on my ticket as soon as Logan opened up and from there, booked a flight to Martinique, all on the same ticket with no extra cost to me. I was given vouchers for food and hotel in MIA since my flight wasn't until the next morning. But again, that was in the days of the printed airline ticket.

Since then and before EZAir was introduced this past summer, it was a misconception that Princess will get you to the next port. That wasn't true. With EZAir, they do guarantee to get you to the ship but we all know that would be impossible on some itineraries or circumstances, such as the Icelandic volcano ash cloud that disrupted travel a few months ago.

For our first booking, for our upcoming cruise, we went the simplest, most "guaranteed fool proof" cover all bases approach. While the agent on the phone quoted prices, I was checking the cost to me thru various online airline booking sites. It was as if we were looking at the same screen- pricing was the same.

trv agent says it best, and that was a big part of our decision. It cost us nothing and gained us a lot of piece of mind.

I have found on our upcoming cruise that ezair is a lot more expensive. Ezair wants $365 pp round trip and we have it already purchased at $167 pp round trip. We went with Southwest so the bags go free. That over 50% savings. It always pay to shop around.

Regards,

Robyn

I have found on our upcoming cruise that ezair is a lot more expensive. Ezair wants $365 pp round trip and we have it already purchased at $167 pp round trip. We went with Southwest so the bags go free. That over 50% savings. It always pay to shop around.

Regards,

Robyn

EZAir will never suggest Southwest flights.

Archived