Posting Cabin Number

MayerPaint

I would not post my cabin number on a roll call nor my surname for that matter

If someone on the Roll Call is collecting names then email them directly with the info if you want to join in

I have collected names & cabin numbers to submit to the concierge for invitations for a M & G but otherwise we just arrange to meet in a lounge at a specific day & time...depends on how your cruise line or roll call handle things

I never post cabin numbers in the list online for privacy reasons

I would not post my cabin number on a roll call nor my surname for that matter

If someone on the Roll Call is collecting names then email them directly with the info if you want to join in

I never post cabin numbers in the list online for privacy reasons

I agree! One person can collect (via email) the info for the M+G. It's actually suggested (by some cruiselines) that a new email account be created for this. If anyone wants to share cabin numbers they can do that onboard at the M+G.

I don't use my real name on these forums and discourage others who may know me not to do so. We live in two small communities and are just to easy to trace. I do have a Gmail account set up for cruising and these forums. As for a cabin number on a roll call, I don't have a problem with that at all.

"Is there a downside to posting your cabin number on these boards, mainly your “cruise roll call”? Does anyone know of any problems or fraud? "

People post their room numbers all the time on CC. I have never heard or read of it ever being an actual issue for anyone.

"Is there a downside to posting your cabin number on these boards, mainly your “cruise roll call”? Does anyone know of any problems or fraud? "

People post their room numbers all the time on CC. I have never heard or read of it ever being an actual issue for anyone.

Neither have I. I've been on nine cruises and nothing untoward ever happened.

What exactly are people afraid WILL happen? I guess I just don't get it? :confused:

Neither have I. I've been on nine cruises and nothing untoward ever happened.

What exactly are people afraid WILL happen? I guess I just don't get it? :confused:

We don't have a problem with it either on a roll call. It's akin to not giving your address to friends in town!! :confused:

I dont see the big deal with it..Only thing i can see is all those people sailing with you come knocking on your cabin door through out the cruise who want to meet..Ive posted mine here..V-6 on Inspiration...There.. I did it.:D

What are these people going to do? Break down your door?

Is there a downside to posting your cabin number on these boards, mainly your “cruise roll call”? Does anyone know of any problems or fraud?

There could be. Why invite the opportunity? Would you post your home address on these boards? You will be living in the cabin for a week. I am very careful about not providing this information - especially on a roll call. The reason being, the roll call gives away the date.

Lets say I have a question about cabin 100 on the XYZ ship. That doesn't tell anyone when I will be there. But if I post on the roll call, then all the information is there.

There could be. Why invite the opportunity? Would you post your home address on these boards? You will be living in the cabin for a week. I am very careful about not providing this information - especially on a roll call. The reason being, the roll call gives away the date.

Lets say I have a question about cabin 100 on the XYZ ship. That doesn't tell anyone when I will be there. But if I post on the roll call, then all the information is there.

Aren't you worried that someone will put your cabin question together with your roll call info? Then know when you will be in what cabin, they could??? Yeah, what could they do with that info??

I've been on nine cruises and nothing untoward ever happened.

I guess I just don't get it? :confused:

I agree - you don't get it.

I've never been killed in a car accident. That don't mean I should not use my defensive driving skills. Just because you don't know about it doesn't mean it didn't or can't happen.

We don't have a problem with it either on a roll call. It's akin to not giving your address to friends in town!! :confused:

When you give your friend your address, do you do it via a PUBLIC Internet forum?

Aren't you worried that someone will put your cabin question together with your roll call info? Then know when you will be in what cabin, they could??? Yeah, what could they do with that info??

No, because I don't ask questions about specific cabins, but others do. That said, at least you are making it harder. Also, not everyone on the cruise posts on the roll call. Finally, sometimes the responses people get back lead them to pick a different cabin. Then you are back to knowing when someone cruises, but not which cabin they are in.

What if there is someone you'd rather not interact with and would not welcome a knock on the door or telephone call?

You aren't apt to say, Don't come introduce yourself but if they can't find you, you don't have to bother with them.

So we started with a major security problem and now it is someone I think is a jerk and don't want to socialize with?

Then go ahead and post your name, cabin number and sailing date. I'm not going to care if something does, or doesn't happen to you because of it.

Archived