Posting Cabin Number

MayerPaint

I just look at it this way. i will enjoy all the treats delivered to my cabin "automatly" :D

:confused: I don't understand.

What treats?

What "automatly"? Automatically? Why would treats 'automatically' be delivered to your cabin? I truly don't understand your message.

:confused: I don't understand.

What treats?

What "automatly"? Automatically? Why would treats 'automatically' be delivered to your cabin? I truly don't understand your message.

Somebody on here joking about if others knew my cabin number. they would keep sending room service to my room just to harass me.

We don't post any cruise information before our cruises. If we're writing a review or answering questions after, then we will. It's simply a matter of personal preference, not any specific "Something bad might happen" reason. However, we do not ever post personal information on any public forum (and we don't belong to Facebook or Twitter or whatever).

beachchick

"Is there a downside to posting your cabin number on these boards, mainly your “cruise roll call”? Does anyone know of any problems or fraud? "

People post their room numbers all the time on CC. I have never heard or read of it ever being an actual issue for anyone.

When I saw that avatar!

ABE-C

I doubt if anonymous room service would be an issue. I'd guess they have "caller id" just to be sure that doesn't happen.

They always seem to know my room number and never ask for my name. Caller id lets them prevent kids or jokesters from stupid pranks.

I guess what everyone is saying is that . please charge that to my cabin, I'm Fred Smith cabin # m22. And then you would be charged, and never know until you are half way home and wonder why your sail and sign was a zillion dollars. Right?

I never leave my house without hiring a baby sitter for my cats, so my house is never empty. And so far as I can tell it was a ship's employee in the TA department that was robbing cruisers homes when they were on their cruise.

Never been a problem for us or anyone we've cruised with that I know of.

Nobody I know of or ever heard about either. And I imagine if it was really a problem in the many years I've been on Cruise Critic I would have read numerous posts from people "warning" others about it before now. Yet, that's never happened, so that must mean it hasn't been an issue.

If people want to live in fear worrying about what likely will never happen, then that's fine for them. Sounds like a tempest in a teacup to me.

I guess what everyone is saying is that . please charge that to my cabin, I'm Fred Smith cabin # m22. And then you would be charged, and never know until you are half way home and wonder why your sail and sign was a zillion dollars. Right?

I never leave my house without hiring a baby sitter for my cats, so my house is never empty. And so far as I can tell it was a ship's employee in the TA department that was robbing cruisers homes when they were on their cruise.

I think that's why they call it a "sign and sail" card - you have to SIGN to be charged.

We, too, have a cat sitter but also an alarm system.

Is there a downside to posting your cabin number on these boards, mainly your “cruise roll call”? Does anyone know of any problems or fraud?

Personally, I never announce on the internet (this board or elsewhere) what my cabin number is.

Archived