Crown and anchor question

Mark_UK

I don't understand what all the whining and fuss is about. The rules clearly state that the diamond lounge is strictly for the diamond and diamond plus members and the concierge lounge is strictly for suite guests and diamond plus members. Not for friends, neighbors, other relatives who have not atained diamond or diamond plus status. This is the reward for traveling a certain number of times or for sailing in a particular class. It's not fair that anyone should be allowed to break the rules.

The new security system on many ships now brings up a photo of the passenger using his or her key to enter the lounges and the concierges are very good at recognizing who should or shouldn't be in there. If they ask to see your sea pass card, don't be offended because they are only trying to protect your perks. Try to enjoy your cruise and don't put yourself into a position where you will be told no. The crew members don't like to say no and I know you don't like to hear that word either.

To the person who complained about getting their daughter into the lounge for three days before being told no, just be greatful for getting in for three days. When you asked the C&A rep., they probably assumed that she lived at the same address as you. If that would have been the case, then she would have had diamond printed on her card like you did. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

First I was not complaining about policy, second, that is why I called C&A before leaving so we would know ahead of time, third I explained to the C&A rep on the phone my adult daughter did not live with me. My only complaint is the inconsistantcy when you try to get a straight answer

Hi there.

I'm travelling on the allure next year and can't wait! I'll be travelling with some first time cruisers and was wondering if they'll be able to use any of my platinum c&a benefits such as the priorty board/depart or parties (don't want to go alone!)

Many thanks

Mark,

To answer your original question, I don't think that your friends will be able to join you in the C&A benefits with the exception of being allowed to priority board together since they are part of your party. As far as the parties as you know, they give you an invitation and you're "supposed" to take it that night and give it to them upon entering. Now they don't seem to be as strict when entering and I have seen some people even say that they forgot their invitation and they still let them in. ;)

There is only one welcome back party and I wouldn't consider that a big deal to miss over spending time with your friends instead. That's better than a couple of free drinks and some boring speeches. :D

For the Oasis/Allure terminal, it is set up to board suites/D+ first, then Diamond, then Platinum, then general boarding. The Diamond and Platinum area are just rows of seats with general boarding starting right next to it. The difference in time between Platinum boarding and general boarding is about 30 seconds, if that. Just grab the row of seats right next to the Platinum row and you can all board together. You'll be in line right behind Platinum, so it's really the same as though you were in the Platinum seats.

The only time we boarded at the new Oasis/Allure terminal was when we were in a suite and sat in the separate area for suites with nicer seats. Are you saying that D+ also gets directed to this same sitting area as the suites on the South end instead of the rows of seats on the North end?

Of course my adult children can spend an hour without me. I'm not sure where you got that impression. I was under the (mistaken) impression that those staying in the cabin with a Diamond member would be extended the benefit of the lounge. This will be our first cruise as Diamond members and we were excited to be able to take advantage of this benefit. Having a drink in the lounge is far less important to me than spending time with my family so we will simply opt out for this trip. It was never about a "free" drink, it was about being excited about and celebrating reaching Diamond status.

Incidentally, all of my children are students and reside with me when they are not at school so it does not appear that those that share your address are permitted in the lounge.

Debmarie, you should call C&A and talk to them about your children's status, because if they live at your address it's my understanding they receive the same status as you. The fact that you are newly Diamond, their status may not have been updated. Are they enrolled in C&A? They are entitled to go in the Diamond Lounge and to the Diamond Event on other ships in their own right (assuming they are over 18).

We enrolled ourselves and our then 9 and 14 yo sons in C&A in 1990. Since then our sons have moved up to Diamond status. When they no longer resided with us, the status remained the same. We are now D+, but they have to get their on their own. As I said before, younger son's fiancee (now wife) was grandfathered at Diamond with his status because they lived at the same address.

Debmarie, you should call C&A and talk to them about your children's status, because if they live at your address it's my understanding they receive the same status as you. The fact that you are newly Diamond, their status may not have been updated. Are they enrolled in C&A? They are entitled to go in the Diamond Lounge and to the Diamond Event on other ships in their own right (assuming they are over 18).

We enrolled ourselves and our then 9 and 14 yo sons in C&A in 1990. Since then our sons have moved up to Diamond status. When they no longer resided with us, the status remained the same. We are now D+, but they have to get their on their own. As I said before, younger son's fiancee (now wife) was grandfathered at Diamond with his status because they lived at the same address.

Thanks Peggy! I did call C&A and the way it was explained to me (seems to be a variety of explanations) is that the two older kids turned 18 when we were Platinum. They are Platinum on their own but my understanding is that even if they weren't, they would retain whatever status they had at age 18. The youngest is only 17 so we will be Diamond when he turns 18. He will retain that Diamond status even if he doesn't have the 10 cruise credits. All are students and all still reside at home when they aren't at school. According to the Crown and Anchor rep, that wasn't relevant.

Thanks Peggy! I did call C&A and the way it was explained to me (seems to be a variety of explanations) is that the two older kids turned 18 when we were Platinum. They are Platinum on their own but my understanding is that even if they weren't, they would retain whatever status they had at age 18. The youngest is only 17 so we will be Diamond when he turns 18. He will retain that Diamond status even if he doesn't have the 10 cruise credits. All are students and all still reside at home when they aren't at school. According to the Crown and Anchor rep, that wasn't relevant.
As you can see from my post just above you cannot rely on what a C&A rep tells you on the phone.:(

That is the way I understand it as well.

The only time we boarded at the new Oasis/Allure terminal was when we were in a suite and sat in the separate area for suites with nicer seats. Are you saying that D+ also gets directed to this same sitting area as the suites on the South end instead of the rows of seats on the North end?

That is correct. D+ gets to wait in the Suites section.

Personal experience aboard the Liberty 10/3. Mom (Platinium) myself (Diamond Plus) same cabin. Both our keys opened the CL lounge, Sunday night had drinks, Monday morning had breakfast. Monday night was told I am sorry, your Mom can't come in. I went to the Diamond Lounge and the bouncer at the door carefully checked everyone's seapass card and we were denied entering the Diamond Lounge also. New rules, not sure - just heavy enforcing only spouses to be included and for sure no underage or child not being Diamond/Diamond Plus allowed in.

p.s. we didn't even get our routine chocolate coveries strawberries or the cookies on that trip.

Personal experience aboard the Liberty 10/3. Mom (Platinium) myself (Diamond Plus) same cabin. Both our keys opened the CL lounge, Sunday night had drinks, Monday morning had breakfast. Monday night was told I am sorry, your Mom can't come in. I went to the Diamond Lounge and the bouncer at the door carefully checked everyone's seapass card and we were denied entering the Diamond Lounge also. New rules, not sure - just heavy enforcing only spouses to be included and for sure no underage or child not being Diamond/Diamond Plus allowed in.

p.s. we didn't even get our routine chocolate coveries strawberries or the cookies on that trip.

Definitely not new rules - just finally cracking down and enforcing them.

Archived