T10

lurvecruise

how does T10 work? we see how easy to use metro in BCN just not sure how does it work? we know where and what to see..:D

It is a small card that you insert into a slot on the trunstile, it comes back out the top and you can use it again. If you need to, you can pass it back to anyone in your party to also use. I can't remember for sure but I think it might not come back out the top when it is used up.

Kirk

This site provides info on the T10. We bought one card to share between the two of us, and used 8 out of the 10 rides during our two days in Barcelona. Even with not using all 10 rides, it was well worth the savings to buy the T10 rather than 8 individual tickets.

You buy the T-10 in from a vending machine in the metro station. You do not have to have exact change.

On the metro , you put it into a slot in the turnstyle and then it pops back out and you go through the turnstyle.

You can hand it to the next person in your group to use.

On a bus there is a little machine behind the driver. You put it in and it pops out again. You can put it in for others in your group.

It counts as 10 rides and can be shared so if there are 2 people it will give each one 5 rides.

hey riffatsea:)

we booked Hotel Jazz( its b/t plaza catalunya and plasseig de gracia) and we decide to take your advise. we want to take our time dont want to feel rush so we will skip montserrat:( so here is our itinerary

Day 1 :check in @ noon buy T10 not sure how far from our hotel to plaza catalunya. is it walkable?

1. La Pedrera take metro green line,L3from plaza catalunya. get off Diagonal . we want to see rooftop:D

2.after we done with Lapedrera we will go to .we just need to take blue line,L5,or purple line,L2 right?Sagrada Famillia ( outside only) i hope its simple...

3. Gothic Quater not sure how to get there from Sagadra

4. back to hotel take shower

5.montjic take green line from plaza catalunya to plaza espanya

are we correct? pls advised

done for day 1

Day 2 we leave it open and suggestion?:D

Hi again,

I don't know how much walking you guys do at home but it is a very easy walk from your hotel to Placa Catalunya and I have also walked from there straight up Passeig de Gracia to pass by Casa Batlo and then further on to La Pedrera.

I wouldn't take the metro but if you want you could also take bus #24 which goes up Passeig de Gracia and stops near both of these buildings. The bus would allow you to see the street as you pass by and since it is a short distance it wouldn't take much extra time.

We DID take the metro up to Sagrada Familia and for me I'd do that first! It is the YELLOW line from Passeig de Gracia OR you could just grab a taxi which also wouldn't be expensive as these sites are not far apart.OR as you say the blue line to Diagonal and then walk. We found the metro to be absolutely EASY to use!! There were signs everywhere! It is good to know the LAST stop on each line so you know which direction you are going.

It sounds like you are spending time first in the more "modern" part of the city .

This may take more time than you realize and you may need a stop for lunch/snack etc.

THEN you can either walk down Las Ramblas and make a left into the older part of the city OR hop on the metro and get off at wither Yellow line -Jaume I or Green line-Liceu.

I recommend that you get a map from your hotel(Jazz is a good one) and/or a guide book for more ideas.

One more thing, when I was there I spent a wonderful 2 hour lunch at the 1 Michelin star restaurant near Sagrada Familia called Alkimia. We had the tasting menu but they also have a less expensive lunch menu. It was the most FABULOUS meal if you want to try modern Catalan cuisine!! You MUST make a res on the restaurant web site even just for lunch!! They do not turn over tables and so when you book lunch the whole time they are open at lunch the table is yours.

Day 1 :check in @ noon buy T10 not sure how far from our hotel to plaza catalunya. is it walkable?

1. La Pedrera take metro green line,L3from plaza catalunya. get off Diagonal . we want to see rooftop:D

I would consider walking from your hotel to La Pedrera. The walk along Passeig de Gracia is a nice one, and it gives you the chance to see another of Gaudi's famous buildings (Casa Batllo) ... worth seeing even just from the outside. Here's a map with walking directions from your hotel to La Pedrera.

2.after we done with Lapedrera we will go to .we just need to take blue line,L5,or purple line,L2 right?Sagrada Famillia ( outside only) i hope its simple...

On the map in my link, you'll see the metro stop for Diagonal, from there it's a direct run on the blue line to Sagrada, and when you come out of the metro station, Sagrada Familia is right there.

3. Gothic Quater not sure how to get there from Sagadra

You could take the purple line to Passeig de Gracia and transfer to yellow to Jaume 1, or green to Placa Catalunya and walk down La Rambla (if you didn't see Placa Catalyuna earlier.)

I think if you accomplish all of this in your first day, you'll be doing well. You might even want to leave the stroll down La Rambla and the Barri Gotic area for the following morning.

Metro map.

p.s. I see I duplicated rifffatsea's recommendation to walk from Hotel Jazz to La Predrera....didn't see her post prior to posting this.

One more thing, when I was there I spent a wonderful 2 hour lunch at the 1 Michelin star restaurant near Sagrada Familia called Alkimia. We had the tasting menu but they also have a less expensive lunch menu. It was the most FABULOUS meal if you want to try modern Catalan cuisine!! You MUST make a res on the restaurant web site even just for lunch!! They do not turn over tables and so when you book lunch the whole time they are open at lunch the table is yours.

Wow. . .this sounds wonderful! Thanks for the tip. Do you remember approximately how much the bill was? When you made the reservation, did you have to give a credit card? What hours were they open for lunch? Thanks!

hey SUSAN-M

thnx so much for info if we want to go to Park Guell from sagrada how do we get there? we want front entrance !!!

We went via the subway and it was a long uphill walk to the Parc so I wouldn't recommend that. The bus will get you closer...hopefully someone will be able to tell you which bus to take from Sagrada. A taxi might be your best option for convenience.

Enjoy your time in Barcelona ... it's such an interesting city!:)

Sorry I don't know the bus from Sagrada Familia to Park Guell.

I'd just grab a taxi they are REALLY not expensive!!

ALL the prices are right on the Alkimia web site.

They have a prix fixe tasting menu and then a lunch menu.

Lunch starts at 1:30 So you go at 1:30 and stay as long as you need to .

Here is the English web site.

http://www.alkimia.cat/eng/index_01.html

click on menus and then to make a res click on contact

lurvecruise-- I have only been to Barcelona 2 X BUT I have really fallen in love with the city and have done lots of research before my trips. Each time I was responsible for bringing a friend and so they relied on my to know what we needed to do to get around. I only do land trips in Europe so spend time in one place to get to know it.

wow!!! we are done for day 1 woo hoo.. thats what we will do. recap

1. walk from jazz to la pedrera

2. metro blue line to sagrada famillia

3. taxi to pak guell

4. from park guell how do get back to placa de catalunya??;)

we are really appreciate both SUSAN-M and riffatsea

thx again

how does T10 work? we see how easy to use metro in BCN just not sure how does it work? we know where and what to see..:D

For 1 Zone (incl. airport):

1.15 hrs incl. transfers.

But if you have a unlogic transfers new journeys will be cancelled:

you leave the subway at one point and you return to the same point to continue without a need

or

you change the direction like we did on the same bus line...

see here:

2010PCLOC51802-vi.jpg

http://heinbloed-pcl.blogspot.com/2010/10/tagday-52-in-barcelona.html

2010PCLOC51803-vi.jpg

scroll down to newer post to see more information how we used the T-10. We were surprised how fast our 10 journeys gone on one day...

Regards

HeinBloed

thx HeinBoed

wow u r so organized any advise for 2 days pr cruise in BCN?

this is our itinerar

day1

1. la predera

2 sagrada famillia

3 park guell

day 2

1 catch 7:36 train to montserrat should be done by 1 pm

2 gotic quarter

what do u think?

Subject you also like to do the towers of the Sagrada Familia I would do this first, i. e. es early as possible. Once I arrived there I would queuing up first for the elevator for the tower before I would do anything else.

http://heinbloed-cruiseguides.blogspot.com/2009/12/barcelona-spain-pre-cruise-airport.html

After the tower I would do next the audio-video-presentation down in the basement. Will help you to understand the rest what you can do then.

The elevator to the tower of the Sagrada Familia would be your bottle-neck!!!

Regards

HeinBloed

we are not going inside sagrada famillia this time:(

Hi, Just a little support for your agenda in Barcelona. The first trip we made to Barcelona, we also did just the outside of Sagrada Familia and then toured other sites. It was still very worth it and we enjoyed the entire trip.

We now have a second visit planned where we will spend a half day doing the inside. this site is great to collect all the advice and make your choices, it really helped us.

I am still totally glad of the order we did our touring. On the first trip we did not want to wait in any lines and wanted to save a bit of money for other entry fees.

This time the priority is the inside tours of Sagrada Familian and the main Cathedral.

There is no one way to see the world except to enjoy the ride.

thanks so much happy cruzer:D for your in put... any advise for us or any places you think we should go and see ?

thx again

Hi, I purchased Top 10 Barcelona from Eyewitness Travel. It has excellent maps. And tells the Metro/bus stop for each site. It was at my local library so I checked it out there and then decided to purchase it at a used book store for $7. It is very small, should fit in my purse for the flight and in a large pocket of my jacket while touring.

One place we really enjoyed was Casa Bastilo. It's a Gaudi designed apartment house with several areas open to tour and then you go to the roof. They have an audio guide.

You will be happy with your choices; it's a great city.

Archived