Need info VS suite D736 Grand Princess

JudithLynne

We have booked this suite on the Grand Princess. It will be our first suite and we want it to be very special. Looking at the deck plans, I notice a blank space along the side of the cabin. After researching this website,the feedback indicates that it appears to be a ventilation area. If any of you have stayed in this suite can you tell me if you heard any noise in the suite because of that? We have stayed in aft cabins before and do not mind the sound of the wake, but we do not like the sound of ventilation equipment. C750 &751 are available so we could switch if need be.

I would really appreciate any information/advice.

Thanks so much….

Judith

We have booked this suite on the Grand Princess. It will be our first suite and we want it to be very special. Looking at the deck plans, I notice a blank space along the side of the cabin. After researching this website,the feedback indicates that it appears to be a ventilation area. If any of you have stayed in this suite can you tell me if you heard any noise in the suite because of that? We have stayed in aft cabins before and do not mind the sound of the wake, but we do not like the sound of ventilation equipment. C750 &751 are available so we could switch if need be.

Thanks so much….

Judith

Not sure if you have seen this thread.....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=808951

That is a very interesting thread. I notice that in the aft photo of the Grand that there is another suite next to D736, which is different from the deck plan on the Princess website for the grand class ships. I don't understand that, but would trust the photo.

That is a very interesting thread. I notice that in the aft photo of the Grand that there is another suite next to D736, which is different from the deck plan on the Princess website for the grand class ships. I don't understand that, but would trust the photo.

The cabin next to the suite is a BB balcony.

We will be in D737 in two weeks. At first I booked B748 but from the pictures (page 2 of the link Colo Cruiser posted) it looked like people could almost look down at us from the pool area so I switched. Not sure if I screwed up or not. I think the only real difference is that the VS suites don't have the desk at the end of the sofa. And I really used it in May so the jury is still out.

We had D737 on the Star and the desk is next to the shower entrance.

That desk is in the bedroom part of all the suites and I think they call it the dressing area or something. All but VS has one in the living room area too.

IS the Star a sister ship (same layout) to the Grand?? were you happy with D737? any problems with smells or noise?

That desk is in the bedroom part of all the suites and I think they call it the dressing area or something. All but VS has one in the living room area too.

IS the Star a sister ship (same layout) to the Grand?? were you happy with D737? any problems with smells or noise?

Great cabin with no odors or noise issues.Huge balcony for having meals.The Grand and Star are basically the same except for some elevator differences.

We stayed in Grand D736 for 2 weeks in 1/09. We loved it! No issues with noise or smells --- well, we did have a chain smoker on the balcony next door, but that is something beyond anyone's control. I spent LOTS of time on the balcony. I think you'll love the cabin, aft balcony, and the suite perks. Have fun!:)

Thanks so much….

Judith

My daughter and I had that suite on a cruise to Norway, Iceland and Northern Ireland. It was great. The location is very quiet and the wi-fi access was good. We loved it.

Thanks so much….

Judith

I had B748 PS Suite earlier this year and loved it!180 Sqft. Verandah and too much stateroom on the inside.Only thing I heard was the wake!:)

We will be in D737 in two weeks. At first I booked B748 but from the pictures (page 2 of the link Colo Cruiser posted) it looked like people could almost look down at us from the pool area so I switched. Not sure if I screwed up or not. I think the only real difference is that the VS suites don't have the desk at the end of the sofa. And I really used it in May so the jury is still out.

YOU DEFINITELY SCREWED UP!!B748 IS TOTALLY PRIVATE AND JUST A SHORT STEP UPSTAIRS AND YOUR AT THE AFT POOL!! THere is a HUGE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PS AND VS.THE BALCONY IS A WHOPPER AT 180 SQFT!:cool:

YOU DEFINITELY SCREWED UP!!B748 IS TOTALLY PRIVATE AND JUST A SHORT STEP UPSTAIRS AND YOUR AT THE AFT POOL!! THere is a HUGE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PS AND VS.THE BALCONY IS A WHOPPER AT 180 SQFT!:cool:

RATS - I didn't want to hear that. I guess I was also concerned that there would be noise with the pool directly above us.

So, which one has thr whopper of a balcony??

RATS - I didn't want to hear that. I guess I was also concerned that there would be noise with the pool directly above us.

So, which one has thr whopper of a balcony??

B748 ! I thought the same thing initially about noise from the pool....not an issus at all.Plus,there are no obstructions whatsoever.PS as you know cost more than VS but well worth it.Also,it is a perfect location as the interior corridor leads straight to your suite at the end on the left and there is an OS to the right!It was AWESOME!!

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

I guess I changed after looking at the deck plans. The balcony looked so much deeper in D737 and we really enjoy being outside. There din't seem like there was that much of a difference in the price.

Oh WEll. thanks again

Thanks so much….

Judith

I hope for lots of information--we have this suite for January 17th (I think)

I'll be following this carefully.

Nancy:D:D

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

I guess I changed after looking at the deck plans. The balcony looked so much deeper in D737 and we really enjoy being outside. There din't seem like there was that much of a difference in the price.

Oh WEll. thanks again

Having stayed in both, we much preferred the VS on Dolphin deck to the PS on Baja or Caribe. The balcony is much larger.

Mike:)

One more question, do you get much sun on the balcony? Our last suite was midship and we seemed to have sun somewhere on the balcony all the time.

Sorry, Judith, I don't mean to highjack your post.

Thanks

We got sun later in the day as we were doing a transatlantic sailing east.

Archived