pre cruise dinner and shore excursion res

I&J Cruisers

You should be able to go to the Regent website and log in under your account. If you looked under "Booked cruises", it will tell you the specific date that you can sign up for each.

for a feb 10th cruise i can book dinner in late Nov.. now the question is do i want to..

If you book ahead you will be guaranteed a reservation on the night you want to go. The alternative restaurants are very popular and the food very good. You can often get in early or late, but by reserving ahead you can plan ahead. You may also want to avoid going when the Captain's Welcome Aboard and Farewell dinners are since those menus in the main dining room (Called Compass Rose) are usually special.

This could be a "Duh"!! :oquestion, but:

Can anyone tell me if the Captain's Welcome Aboard dinner is on the first night, and The Farewell Dinner is on the last night? By the very "titles" of the dinners the answer would seem obvious, but given the fact that people would be tired from traveling to the cruise the first night, and packing, etc. the last night, I'm just wondering.

Sorry if this question has been answered elsewhere. Thanks for your help!

This could be a "Duh"!! :oquestion, but:

Can anyone tell me if the Captain's Welcome Aboard dinner is on the first night, and The Farewell Dinner is on the last night? By the very "titles" of the dinners the answer would seem obvious, but given the fact that people would be tired from traveling to the cruise the first night, and packing, etc. the last night, I'm just wondering.

Sorry if this question has been answered elsewhere. Thanks for your help!

No question is too trivial! No, they are not. As you said, people are tired the first night, and packing the last. So these events are usually the second night, and the second-to-last night.

Winter gear. It's lurking in the closet. In fact we had a cold snap a week or so ago and I wore my winter coat. No boots yet. I'm betting you get lots more snow than we do, we don't get that much in general here in Toronto. But, can't wait to get away from it for 10 days in December!

You absolutely want to book one night in Prime 7. They book up very early. It can be difficult to get reservations once on board. Signatures is a bit easier. . . . still, may as well book online.

IMO, the night of the Captain's Reception and Farewell is a night you want to be in Compass Rose as they seem to have a better menu. However, CR gets very busy on those nights because most passengers head there the moment these events are over. You may want to either get there early. . . . or wait an hour or so for the servers to catch up.

The only theoretical reason *not* to book in advance is that you desire flexibility. This is well and good, but as has been stated, best to secure a booking in advance. They try to ensure everybody on board one kick at the can, but sometimes that's a bit tough. And you can always go straight to the maitre'd upon boarding and rearrange things to suit yourself, depending on availability.

Archived