Starbucks on Allure: It's official!

Good coffee to go along with my cupcake!

Something unique is brewing onboard Royal Caribbean International’s new Allure of the Seas, the world’s largest and most innovative cruise ship – the first Starbucks at sea. Through the licensing agreement between Starbucks (NASDAQ: SBUX) and Royal Caribbean International, the global cruise brand owned and operated by Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (NYSE/OSX: RCL), guests seeking signature made-to-order espresso beverages and Frappuccino® blended beverages will have to look no further than their neighborhood Starbucks on the bustling Royal Promenade.

Mike

Love the idea of Starbucks but hope that the sweet treats will not be an additional charge. I am assuming they will be from the Allure bakery and not Starbucks and like the Mondo Cafe, the charge will only apply to the specialty coffees.

Actually it´s not that new as they have Starbucks coffee on the Oasis in the Café Promenade. But nobody really realizes that. I think it´s a good idea to put it to a more prominent location. I thought - except for the sweet treets - the Mondo Coffee Bar was somewhat underused and having an attraction like Starbucks might help that area.

steamboats

Actually it´s not that new as they have Starbucks coffee on the Oasis in the Café Promenade. But nobody really realizes that. I think it´s a good idea to put it to a more prominent location. I thought - except for the sweet treets - the Mondo Coffee Bar was somewhat underused and having an attraction like Starbucks might help that area.

steamboats

Yes they have the coffie and that is about it. I tried to get a green ice tea one day and was told they do not call all the Items.

...I thought - except for the sweet treets - the Mondo Coffee Bar was somewhat underused...

Will give you my take on it, as we thought the entire Mondo Coffee Bar was a pay venue. It seriously took us several days to understand that the food items were complimentary (included), and the specialty coffees were extra. We saw people giving their SeaPass cards and paying for something... misunderstood and thought it was the cheesecake. ;) Ha!

At Mondo's they would make coffee drinks like Starbucks. Told the server what I wanted. She needed to ask someone else who was there for help. Appeared she was new. They did a good job accomodating my request.

As someone else posted, I agree the name recognition will help passengers gravitate to that area more readily.

Archived