undo return guest status?

cathy_kearns

I'm traveling with my new boyfriends' family and friends on a short cruise to celebrate a birthday. None of them have ever cruised before. I've only been on Carnival once before, so I'm not at all any type of expert. However, I understand my S&S card will be a different color than theirs. Is there anyway I can get my card to virgin status so I don't stand out?

You wont stand out in any way other than the color of the card. Only other thing is that you will recieve an invitation to the past guest party, but the others wont. You could probably get your boyfriend in with you, but Im not sure about a larger crowd. I would just not go, the past guest party is no biggie, just a few free premixed drinks and a 45minute presentation. So I would just not go, you wont miss anything but a small free drink.:)

Wow, that's a question never asked before! Actually, why are you worried? They will probably never look at your card.

Totally agree. It's not a big deal at all. I'm not sure you could get it changed, but even if you could it wouldn't be worth the hassle.

Why would you be worried about the color of your S & S card? Do they all know you've been on a cruise before?:confused:

Personally, there are many other things you could worry about other than the color of your card....JMO.

Have a great cruise!:)

I'm traveling with my new boyfriends' family and friends on a short cruise to celebrate a birthday. None of them have ever cruised before. I've only been on Carnival once before, so I'm not at all any type of expert. However, I understand my S&S card will be a different color than theirs. Is there anyway I can get my card to virgin status so I don't stand out?

Actually we had a similar scenario once. My SIL was given a blue card at registration even though she was definitely a past guest. My hubby went to the purser's desk and got a blue card too!

If you are concerned, and I am going out on limb here, that the person you cruise with before was an ex boyfriend, so what. He is an ex, surely they know that you weren't a nun before meeting your current boyfriend. Afterall, you are now cruising with him so what is the big deal. I am only saying this incase this is the reason.

Why would you care one way or another? It makes no difference. Your will be gold. I guess if you call them ahead of time and take off the past guest they might give you what you call a "virgin" card. I don't see why you would care one way or another. It's just your room key, have one of them ask for another and then you will have one matching theirs.

If your trying to hide something from one of your fellow passengers it's a bad idea, the truth has a way of coming out. I would be more mad at someone for lying then whatever the original offence was and it doesn't sound like you did anything wrong but go on a cruise with some other friends or whatever.

Good Luck, stop worrying

If you are concerned, and I am going out on limb here, that the person you cruise with before was an ex boyfriend, so what. He is an ex, surely they know that you weren't a nun before meeting your current boyfriend. Afterall, you are now cruising with him so what is the big deal. I am only saying this incase this is the reason.

Actually, my Carnival cruise was the one cruise I did without my late husband. It was a cruise celebrating my parent's 50th anniversary, and I went with my daughters. My boyfriend is quite aware (and proud) of my past. (And booked me with a past cruiser discount...) I just don't want to rub it in.

Actually, my Carnival cruise was the one cruise I did without my late husband. It was a cruise celebrating my parent's 50th anniversary, and I went with my daughters. My boyfriend is quite aware (and proud) of my past. (And booked me with a past cruiser discount...) I just don't want to rub it in.

Cathy, if it will make YOU more comfortable to have a card that is the same color as everyone else in your group then GO FOR IT. Either way, have a great cruise!

Don't worry about it. Go have fun enjoy the happiness you've found. You've only got one Cruise on them not 10 so you'll all check in at the same place.

I think that is a very caring thought.. ...You can ask when you check in...or at the pursers desk once on-board...But i am with the rest ...dont worry about it ...Buy everyone a DOD and say this is what i remember best :D...Enjoy your Cruise

Oh and you said it was a short Sailing...Past Guest partys are only 5 day or longer cruises...

I still don't get what the big issue is. It's not like anyone will care or notice. There are tons of people with the gold cards. Personally, I loved it when my last cruise was my first Platinum cruise and my boyfriend's first. So he had the rookie card, and I had the platinum card and all the platinum perks. I personally got quite a kick out of that.

Archived