Can you still . . . . ?

CruisaholiCandy

Does Carnival still let you order in the MDR 2 different appetizers or entrees? Or have they cut back on this too? I love the shrimp cocktail and I usually get 2 orders!

Thanks!

Yes, you can. For the sake of continuity though, order them both at the same time. If you wait to order your second appetizer when they are bringing out the entrees, it really throws off the rhythm of things for the waitstaff. Enjoy your cruise! :)

Some friends were on Conquest about a month ago and still got what they asked for, even more!

4 at the table, and they kept talking about how much they were looking forward to the Lobster. That night, the waiter came and said, "Oh, we have 8 people at the table tonight." One of them didn't catch it and said, "No, just 4." He corrected her and said 8 again, and brought out 2 plates for each of them! They got even more after those 8, LOL.

I don't intend for this to sound harsh or mean-spirited, but I am so tired of hearing the word "cut-backs" (or is that 2 words?), especially if one hasn't cruised for awhile to know that you can still order as much food as you want anywhere on the ship. I honestly do not know what "cut-backs" people keep talking about. I have seen NONE in the last 5 years that I have been cruising. Any changes I have seen have been for the better... anytime dining, comedy club, early saver pricing, etc.

I don't intend for this to sound harsh or mean-spirited, but I am so tired of hearing the word "cut-backs" (or is that 2 words?), especially if one hasn't cruised for awhile to know that you can still order as much food as you want anywhere on the ship. I honestly do not know what "cut-backs" people keep talking about. I have seen NONE in the last 5 years that I have been cruising. Any changes I have seen have been for the better... anytime dining, comedy club, early saver pricing, etc.

I stand corrected, pardon me for using the word "cut-backs", did not intend to offend anyone!:o

But thanks all for the answers, now I'm ready to order 2 of my shrimp cocktail appetizers! Yipppeeee!:D

I stand corrected, pardon me for using the word "cut-backs", did not intend to offend anyone!:o

But thanks all for the answers, now I'm ready to order 2 of my shrimp cocktail appetizers! Yipppeeee!:D

Enjoy your cruise!

GOOD COME-BACK. You get a triple A+ for this one. You knows maybe since the ships are in a cost saving mode maybe they would have cut-back (OH did I say the "C" word - sorry) ROLLed-Back the amount of food we could order.

I know on my first Carnival Cruise we were told that there was only one lobster per person, because of a short supply of them, and I can promise you that looking around the room this was being strickly enforced throughout the dining room.

GOOD COME-BACK. You get a triple A+ for this one. You knows maybe since the ships are in a cost saving mode maybe they would have cut-back (OH did I say the "C" word - sorry) ROLLed-Back the amount of food we could order.

I know on my first Carnival Cruise we were told that there was only one lobster per person, because of a short supply of them, and I can promise you that looking around the room this was being strickly enforced throughout the dining room.

My daughter recently sailed on Freedom Of The Seas and was told only one entree per person.

My daughter recently sailed on Freedom Of The Seas and was told only one entree per person.

So it's RCCL that has cut/rolled back not CCL? I'm confused. :confused:

All I know is I will be getting two shrimp cocktails most nights and two lobster tails on the elegant night during my cruises next month. :cool:

So it's RCCL that has cut/rolled back not CCL? I'm confused. :confused:

All I know is I will be getting two shrimp cocktails most nights and two lobster tails on the elegant night during my cruises next month. :cool:

Point was that it happens all over....not just the "new" Carnival..... the cutbacks or at least perceived cutbacks

Yes, you can. For the sake of continuity though, order them both at the same time. If you wait to order your second appetizer when they are bringing out the entrees, it really throws off the rhythm of things for the waitstaff. Enjoy your cruise! :)

I would suggest with the randomness of the process, the servers don't get into much a rhythm. That's why they are good at what they do, I don't think anything bothers them.

By the time I eat 2 shrimp cocktails and a few dinner rolls I don't have room for a second lobster no matter what. So the extras up front saves the cruise line $$ in the end.....just my theory about it :D

Oh, to stay on topic let me say I have never been denied extra orders of anything in the MDR.

We had a guy at our table recently who asked for three shrimp cocktails on the first night and said he wanted it everynight and he got them.

I always have an App, then 2 shrimp cocktails, then one or sometimes 2 mains, then dessert. My iodine count at the end of a cruise is quite high.

order what you wish..they can say no...or yes

Hi Lucky, looking forward to our M&G!

The last cruise, I mentioned to the waiter that I love plain white rice, so EACH night I got a bowl of rice - no matter which entree I order! One entree came with a rice pilaf, and he still gave me a bowl of rice on the side! :D:o

Archived