Question about radio and TV.

rajones007

I need some quiet music playing while I'm going to sleep. I just cannot sleep without it. I've read that Princess cabins don't supply any kind of clock radio, so I'm thinking about bringing along my own. Is that a weird thing to bring? I'd rather not, to be honest. But if I have to - I will.

Does the TV have some sort of shut-off timer? If it does, that'll be fine. I'll just use that.

If I end up bringing my clock radio, is there an outlet near the bedside? I have a Vista Suite on the Crown if that makes any difference.

Also, I assume out in the middle of the Caribbean that receiving a decent radio signal is non-existant. My clock radio has an Ipod dock, so having something to listen to while at sea isn't a problem.

I imagine in a lot of the ports there likely isn't the selection of stations we're accustomed to here in North America. But while in port, are there many stations in Grand Cayman, Roatan, and Cozumel? Just curious...Is there much of a variety? I know that sounds like a dumb question, but I honestly don't know.

I keep making myself laugh, picturing myself in the cabin while in port in Cozumel, and all I can get on the radio is La Cucaracha or Spanish Flea or The Lonely Bull :).

(I'd be cool with that :D )

No clocks in the cabins other than on the phone, which can be programmed centrally and adjusted to ship's time when it changes. It would be a nightmare for the stewards to have to change everyone's clock every time the time changed.

Amazon has a variety of travel iPod speakers of every type and price: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=travel+ipod+speakers

Thanks for the tips. It's greatly appreciated.

I don't think it's a good idea to put my own clock radio in my checked baggage anyways (might even be prohibited by the airline), so I guess bringing it is out of the question if it needs to be in my carry-on.

I assume the CD player will also play MP3's. So I guess I'll just make a CD full of them and go with that.

Other than risk of damage/theft, there is no reason you can't bring a clock in checked luggage. Or you could pick up an $8 one at walmart for the trip.

Thanks for the tips. It's greatly appreciated.

I don't think it's a good idea to put my own clock radio in my checked baggage anyways (might even be prohibited by the airline), so I guess bringing it is out of the question if it needs to be in my carry-on.

I assume the CD player will also play MP3's. So I guess I'll just make a CD full of them and go with that.

Other than risk of damage/theft, there is no reason you can't bring a clock in checked luggage. Or you could pick up an $8 one at walmart for the trip.

Just don't expect the clock to keep accurate time if it is an electric one. Ships current cycles is not precise enough for the clock to stay with the actual time.

And do not forget to move the time forward or back each time the ship time changes an hour.

Archived