Just upgraded from JS to GS for $10.00!!!!

ckrobyn

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome!!!

Congrats, and Happy Sailing!!!!:D:D:D

If I don't learn anythinh else from this board, it's to keep checking until the day you sail. You never know what can change/offers considered until you call or check the websites.

100% true! You just never know......

I always check daily....but I have never called C&A and actually asked about a potential "paid" upgrade (even though it was 10 bucks, I did still technically pay for it!) Best flippin' $10 I ever spent! :p

Thanks Rick - I am so looking forward to those suite perks!!!! :)

I get a lot of them as D+, but the reserved poolside seating will be very nice on sea days :o At least 2 of those seats will NOT be empty!

What does NOOTS stand for in your sig?

Robyn..........NOOTS stands for Not Oasis Of The Seas.

I feel that she is too large.......like a floating city, which many passengers love, and some of the crewmembers that I know.....that have sailed on her, have the same feeling that I do.

We have been invited on the Allure Pre Inaugural......and we are going to try it for 2 nights. We were scheduled to be on the inaugural.....and for a thousand dollars less.......we moved from a B-2 cabin......looking at other cabins on the other side........to a Grand Suite on the Radiance.

My feeling is that Royal Caribbean will overcharge where ever they can get away with it, on these behomoths of the Seas. I don't want to sail on a City of the Seas.......I want to be on a ship!

The Freedom class is too large for me.......and the Voyager Class is the largest that I want to be aboard.

I don't like the shopping carts of Princess.........been there, tried that!

I like ships.....not floating cities.:)

Rick

This is unbelieveable!!!

I called the Diamond Plus C&A line this afternoon to inquire about the possibility of an upgrade since we are now 13 days out. The D+ agent asked me how much I paid for my JS and I told her....she then informed me that she could upgrade me to a GS for only $10.00 more per person!!! I asked her if she was joking - it had to be a cruel joke, but it wasn't! I am now confirmed in a GS on the Freedom with my new set sail pass printed out :p

No idea how or why.......but does it matter? I'm taking this and running as fast as I can!!!!!! I suspect it has something to do with being D+ or just phoning C&A at the right time :)

FYI - my original price for my JS was $1319.00 - got the GS for $1329.00

Don't forget to take your own soap! ;) :D

100% true! You just never know......

I always check daily....but I have never called C&A and actually asked about a potential "paid" upgrade (even though it was 10 bucks, I did still technically pay for it!) Best flippin' $10 I ever spent! :p

Just curious, what was the price difference online between the JS & OS when you called?

Have you told who ever is traveling with you about the upgrade or will it be a surprise? (from your excitement here, I am betting you could not keep it a secret :p)

Enjoy!!!!!

Is there a different C&A number to call for Diamond and Diamond plus? Or is it all the same number and you just tell them you are Diamond plus.

Just dial the normal C&A number and when the automated system starts talking, press 9 to be transferred to the D+ desk

CK Robyn, this is fabulous. I am so happy you told us about your good fortune. I am most definitely going to try this for our February cruise on Allure. I see it is really worth a shot. A GS is so much more spacious than a JS. I love the big bathroom and all the closet space, plus you get the perks that go with a GS.

You have inspired me. I am going to make this effort on every cruise from now on. What is the worst that can happen? They'll just say there is no deal or they will make it too expensive---or if the stars are right, they'll make a deal like yours which is too good to refuse.

Congratulations on your move up to GS.

You need to have done enough cruises to get 24 cruise credits then the 25th you would be diamond plus - or be in a Grand Suite to have Concierge status - we will be diamond plus after our back to back on the Radiance this month - but since we have a grand suite for both sailings we are entitled to go into the Concierge which happens to be next door to our cabin - yippeee

This is unbelieveable!!!

I called the Diamond Plus C&A line this afternoon to inquire about the possibility of an upgrade since we are now 13 days out. The D+ agent asked me how much I paid for my JS and I told her....she then informed me that she could upgrade me to a GS for only $10.00 more per person!!! I asked her if she was joking - it had to be a cruel joke, but it wasn't! I am now confirmed in a GS on the Freedom with my new set sail pass printed out :p

No idea how or why.......but does it matter? I'm taking this and running as fast as I can!!!!!! I suspect it has something to do with being D+ or just phoning C&A at the right time :)

FYI - my original price for my JS was $1319.00 - got the GS for $1329.00

WOW - It pays to be a card carrying member of the L2R Club (Loyal to Royal). I just became a Plantinum Level so I have no idea how long it will take me to become D-plus. Congratulations to your great fortune.

Just curious, what was the price difference online between the JS & OS when you called?

Have you told who ever is traveling with you about the upgrade or will it be a surprise? (from your excitement here, I am betting you could not keep it a secret :p)

Enjoy!!!!!

There were no OS's available when I called, or I would have tried to snag one of those!!!

Yes I told my best friend who I am cruising with - it was WAAAAY to good a secret to keep!! :p

Archived