To Spanx or not to Spanx

NanaL

I'm waiting for cb at sea to comment that Spanx are just girdles, and that you don't need them if your clothes are properly-fitting :-)

There are some new Spanx that I have that are very thin and comfortable -- not sure of the name but they are on the Spanx website.

I have found an "all-in-one" undergarment that has the bra built in and looks sort of like a one piece swimsuit. Does that make sense? They are called Flexies and I get them at Kohl's, TJ Maxx, Stein Mart, etc. Very comfortable and no muffin top. You do need practice with the hooks before you are desperate to go to the potty, though.;)

i'm waiting for cb at sea to comment that spanx are just girdles, and that you don't need them if your clothes are properly-fitting :-)

lol!

All of my clothes fit right for the first 3 or 4 days ... then Spanx can help.

I definetly love the smoother line of a dress with a spanx underneath. It isn't as much about the right size as those little jiggles. I had a very poor fitting undergarmet last year and it kept rolling up and cutting off my circulation I think I threw it away on the ship:D. Bad fit, time for a newer model.

Kris

On formal night I try to have clothing that isn't so tight that it requires Spanx or any other similar garment. I have Spanx, but really hate to wear them.

I'm with you! I don't hate them because they're too warm. I hate them because they're a pain to get into, then when I have to go to the loo it's just too much work any way I try to do it (not going to give details:eek:) and I'm no longer concerned enough about the jiggly parts to do anything about them that will make me uncomfortable.

I have tried spans, but they just seem to move my fluff around to even less appealing spots. I did find a different brand that does the same job at a department store that comes down the thigh a little, but short enough to wear with my short dresses, and it goes high just to the bra line. No mystery bulges, and it has an opening, that means I don't have to fight it on and off for the loo!

I won't go into a formal dress without it now that I have found my "girdle" that is comfortable, slimming, and the best part "convenient"!!!

Archived