Voyager 2010 Fall Crossing

WesW

Have a great day in Bermuda! Did everyone get their fish and chip quota in yesterday or will there need to be more?

Got my dinner reservations made for our Feb cruise this am. I thought about staying up late last night to do it, but was just too tired. So I decided to take my chances, and I was able to get my first night on board at 6:30 slot in Prime 7. Interestingly enough, the only night fully booked was the last night of the cruise. Maybe they are having some special function or something, because I always like to book early in the cruise and hope to get in a 2nd time.

Wes,

The 4 "Boy's from Dallas" are Jim, Bob, Philip and Doug ~Jim & Bob older, very distinguished looking gentlemen ~Philip & Doug goodlooking young men ~~Jim & Bob are seasoned Seabourn and Regent sailor's. ALL mucho fun! I was quite pleased when they told me before they left they were all taking their tuxedos for formal evenings. I flew to Dallas on Oct. 30th ~a birthday weekend ~before I flew to Lisboa to embark the Sojourn for the TA. You and Ida will enjoy all "the Dallas Boy's."

Again, small world ~my daughter, her husband, their triplet Boy's and Will (younger) live in El Paso ~~I visit often ~~will be there a week during the Christmas holidays.

I'm sure your Voyager Crossing has been most memorable and magical! Grrreat service and food. I, too, love sea days ~Please tell Ralph I send big Texas hug's to him. He's tops!

Continued smooth seas ~and make more wonderful memories.

Happy Thanksgiving to all,

Martita B.

Glad all you folks enjoyed Bermuda - the weather was quite kind to you - I guess if I look out the window in about 30 mins I'll see you sail down South Shore.

Orpington T - there is another cruise between yours and ours - a 7 day Thanksgiving I think.

We leave here next Sunday for FLL

Mary

Tom - I won't hold you responsible for our suite change if there is no sun at all during the voage!!

Wes - Thanks for the update on the Dockyard. Many years ago we used to summer in Bermuda (at the Reefs, a lovely hotel on the south shore) and we went, many times to the Dockyard. But from your description I think it has been expanded/improved?? Anyway I don't remember any shops in the '70's... just a museum. We didn't get there last year when we stopped on our Navigator TA as we went straight to the Reefs for lunch on the beach! (And a godo one it was too...)

Enjoy your last few days my friends. And Tom - good and easy transfer for you two to the airport and nice fligth back. Be sure to ask for a Bellini!!

Gerry

Wes

I'm glad you and Ida are having such a wonderful cruise. Sounds like Regent is making some positive efforts. I was especially glad to read that they brought back ther country fair. It was such a positive event and both passengers and crew always had such fun.

I'm just catching up after our truly dreamy SeaDream crossing and a few days add-on visiting small islands in the Caribbean. At least I was catching up for a week until I fell and broke my right ankle in three places. Fun middle of the night ambulance run to the ER and an afternoon in surgery. So I enjoyed cruising vicariously while sitting in my pt rehab room eating a tuna sandwich and wishing I could walk to the loo. Didn't expect to be spending the holiday season hopping around on my left foot. At least we had the magnificant sunny afternoon in Madeira where we renewed our vows in the bay after which the captain sailed us along the coast so we could see our house from the water.

Maybe one of these days we will sail together again. Til then Ida has to hold down the fort with CB classes.

JoAnne

Hi JoAnne, so sorry to hear about your R ankle mishap....Ida and I just finished her LCB grad dinner...as good if not better than our LCB Nov 2008 grad dinner. Absolutely flawless service and exquisite LCB cuisine. Signatures team hit a grandslam.

Great sailaway from Hamilton. From deck 12 we waved to everyone in sight, drank cocktails, took pictures and felt very sad at leaving such a lovely welcoming place.

We are now at sea again on our penultimate day. The sunrise was glorious and it is in the 70's already.

Just had breakfast. Though we did not participate the usual supply of Caviare with "fixings" and Champagne were on offer. It it the Captain's farewell party followed by Krew Kapers tonight. It is usually quite an emotional experience and on we always enjoy.

Barbara had a screw loose, on her wheelchair that is, but the concierge fixed it it a moment. Couldn't do with that breaking down. Worse than a pod problem! Talking of pod problems, we saw a video on the suite TV of the time Voyager spent in dry dock fixing the pod and seeing all the cleaning and work being done on the ship generaly. Very interesting.

Like Tom (orpington) we also enjoyed the lively Bermuda sailaway. Last night's Le Cordon Bleu graduation dinner was a grandslam. Best meal of our cruise, perfect dining and sommelier service by the Signature's team led by the best Maitre D on board, Marcel. Cocktails before dinner were fun for all LCB particupants and their spouses as

diploma's, and LCB cookbooks were passed out. Family and friends took many, many pix....Regent had an exceptional ice carving as the centerpiece. Jeff introduced me to a tasty Martini with bluecheese stuffed olives.

Today's highlights: Pastry and Cooking demonstration, Fruhshoppen (German cuisine) lunch at pool deck; (Jeff, Susan (Greygypsy), Ida and I enjoyed mimosa's and caviar along with our breakfast this morning)enrichment lectures; Ten Great Mysteries in Astronomy, Where have your gone vince demaggio; Suffleboard tournament: Officers vs Guests--round 2 and evening entertainment: Regent proudly presents Broadway Tonight.

Alas, tomorrow is P day (that dreaded seven letter word "packing")

Tom - I am so glad you quickly added that it was the wheelchair with a screw loose ... I was sure it wasn't you or Barbara!! But I thought the Bermuda pavements were smooth - not a bit like Albania!!

Sorry about the packing (!) but you have certainly kept us informed and entertained while you have been on this cruise. Wes and Tom and the others - thank you all!!

Travel home safely, and Tom - I hope the Miami bit goes OK.

Gerry

Has anyone seen the Cirque show???

We didn't get to the Cirque show but people I have spoken to were much impressed. I have seen snippets on the suite TV and it looks spectacular.

Talking of the TV, the video manager does a great job, capturing daily moments and has put together a video which is shown on the ship's channel through the day. It is a bit smarmy, in the sense of " Aren't we all doing a great job at Regent" but there is no denying they are and are entiltled to bit of own trumpet blowing.

Last night was Captain's Farewell and Krew Kapers.The Krew Kapers was notable for the effort put in by the staff you see around the ship every day. I have to report to you all that one of our esteemed CC'ers Colonel (ret) Wes, sat with his very lovely wife, Ida, on the front row and I was right behind him. The star of the show, a Michael Jackson lookalike made a beeline for them. Ida outshone MJ with a little dance to great applause. MJ the turned his attention to Wes and sang to him, stroked his hair and mouthe "I love you" It was real good fun and we all enjoyed it. I told Wes I would faithfully report this to you all and instead of thinking of him as that outstanding military gentleman that he is, I shall remember him being fondled by MJ.

Another lovely day today, except for the fact it is our last day and we have to pack. Tomorrow we are off Voyager by 9 am but as our flight from Miami is 5.20 pm Regent are taking us to a shopping mall to while away an hour or two.

I'll post again when I get home and catch up with other threads.

Tom, thanks sooooo much for your precise recall of last nights events..:). Great to see so many of the crew let off steam and truly enjoy themselves by sharing with us their abundant talent. After an outstanding Krew Capers, we headed to the Horizon lounge..soon the Cabaret singer called for Ida to come up and dance Salsa with her, before long a half dozen folks were dancing Salsa. We then headed to the Observation lounge after the Cabaret singer finished her set and linked up with Sunviking and her husband for pre dinner drinks.

We had another delightful dinner in compass rose with Sunviking and her husband Al....Chateaubriand & Dover sole.....Al and I splurged by ordering off the connoisseur wine list--a delicious chardonnay and an exquisite "big, full-bodied, killer Cab" red; Far Niente Cabernet Sauvignon, 2006.

Last crossing day highlights: Le Cordon Bleu cooking demonstration; enrichment lecture; Triumph and traval; the ongoing saga of major league baseball, final shuffle board tournament, international lunch served on pool deck, Ryder cup golf putting tournament, passport collection :(, pre dinner cabaret, the voice styles of Michael Hughes, big screen popcorn movie, "Hitch" and the very last highlight err lowlight, luggagecollection at 11 pm.

OT and Wes, thank you for the wonderful travelogues. You made us all feel as though we were there with you. I will be on the Voyager again in May and can hardly wait. I will have one of my "chicks" with me this time and she is very excited to be travelling on Regent. She and her family have usually cruised on the Carnival cruise ships due to their children's ages. She now feels she has graduated to the "adult table".

I told Wes I would faithfully report this to you all and instead of thinking of him as that outstanding military gentleman that he is, I shall remember him being fondled by MJ.

Loves it! What a hysterical vision you've planted in our minds, Tom. Thanks for sharing!

Hey Wes, I assume this does mean that you support getting rid of the "don't ask, don't tell" policy? ;)

Thanks for taking us all along for the sail, nice people. It was a great cruise! Safe journeys home everyone.

We have thoroughly enjoyed our first Regent cruise. The two dinners we shared with Wes and Ida will be among our fondest memories of this voyage. We've met some delightful new friends with whom we hope to sail again.

We don't go to many shows while on cruises but we really enjoyed Le Cirque Voyager. It was spectacular! The service we have received has been exceptional. All in all it was a fantastic voyage!

Their arrival was in a clear sky and a full moon and 70 degs. Perhaps their reluctance to leave the ship was quite profound.!!

Thank you to those who posted. It appears as though Regent is still maintaining high standards, although with the 'free' excursions I will try other lines who do not have them 'included.'

Wendy, Tom and Barbara (Orpington) are flying home in about an hour. They will enjoy the flat beds on British Airways. Looking forward to hearing from Tom soon as long as he does not mention MJ again.

Yes, Neville was a delightful sail in to FLL this am....but a peculiar disembarkation process...no staggering of groups (by colors) all pax disembarked at the same time 8:45...very long lines to clear immigration--took us about 30 minutes to clear.

Martitia, we finally met Larry and Bob and passed along your warm regards (alas, we met them while waiting to disembark). They were thrilled you asked for them and are indeed gentlemen--they were the only two in coat & ties in waiting to disembark.

wendy, my guess is since the Voyager was undergoing a CDC inspection today they changed their normal disembarkation (stagger groups) to more quickly empty the ship. btw, the embarkation process in Barcelona on 8 Nov for those of us except (those of us in the first 20 pax) was also a snafu and many of the 75 folks waiting to board about noon, waited another 25-35 minutes.

Glad you are home safely, and Orpington has reported in to me as well indicating their safe return to the UK.

Got a question: did you notice if the customs/immigration in Ft. Lauderdale has global entry kiosks? We just got our approval, and that would certainly be convenient.

Archived