Voyager 2010 Fall Crossing

WesW

We had a wonderful dinner with fellow CCr's/David & Margareta, Jody & Kathy and Linda in Compass Rose last night. Enjoyed pre dinner cocktails in the Observation Lounge service in the OL was telepathic as we did not need to ask for another Kir Royale they just appeared.

Alas, woke up to lots of rain this morning...seas are rocking the Voyager gently 6-8 ft swells, should be more of the same (more rocking later this pm as swells reach 3meters). However, the Captain announced a better weather outlook beginning tomorrow afternoon.

Nice roll call of enrichment lecturers today; Marconi and Murder most Foul with Harry Chittick; Astronomical Events and Planet Earth: Asteroid Impacts, craters and Auroras by Dr. Normal Caisse; and Baseball's Shining momemt by Jerry Kindall. Ida is now at a Canyon Ranch Presents: Living Younger Longer. Crepe & Flambe complement teatime. Dr. Caisse will be in the Obsvn Lounge at 10:30 pm for a night viewing of the stars and constellations (weather permitting)

We have our first dinner in Signatures (Le Cordon Bleu themed restaurant) tonight. The LCB workshop chef, Christain Leroy is joining the four of us--first for pre dinner drinks in the Obsvn Lounge--then dinner with the four of us......will be very interesting to dine on LCB menu items with the comments by Christain the LCB workshop chef/instructor.

Sounds great, again, Wes! So glad you are reporting in, and hopefully the rain and swells subside.

The other bonus is you gain --what, 5-6 hours across the cruise? That extends it even further and makes it easier on your "body clock", IMO!

Hope you and Ida continue to enjoy...

Hi Rick & Rebecca.........

We think about you often, especially wehen we are talking about our wonderful safari. I am an ace at 'sticking' email & address cards somewhere 'safe' ....safe from my finding them! You can reach me at

pcloguda no spam please at comcast dot net

We are in a Seven Seas aft suite (971) and we have had no problems with vibration whatsoever.

This is our first Regent cruise so we can't comment on changes. We think the food has been very good. Our service has been excellent. The shore excursions we've taken have been very nice.

We had dinner with Wes and Ida a couple of nights ago and really enjoyed their company. They are a truly delightful couple!

We are in a Seven Seas aft suite (971) and we have had no problems with vibration whatsoever.

This is our first Regent cruise so we can't comment on changes. We think the food has been very good. Our service has been excellent. The shore excursions we've taken have been very nice.

We had dinner with Wes and Ida a couple of nights ago and really enjoyed their company. They are a truly delightful couple!

Good to know about the non vibration in 971 since we will be in it next week for seventeen days. This will be our first time on Regent also. How do you like the cabin? How is your butler?

Thanks, Mel and Lisa

Kristen, we turn our clocks back six times during the crossing..absolutely wonderful to gain that extra hour.

Thanks Ann for your gracious compliment, Ida and I very much enjoyed our evening together too.

Our dinner in Signatures last night was outstanding, service truly exemplary. We enjoyed Christian Leroy's comments about our food choices and hearing about his Le Cordon Bleu cooking experiences in Mexico City. We closed signatures and then Jeff, Christian and I headed to the connoisseur club for a very mild cigar paired with a tasty cognac.

Today is a glorious sunny day in the middle of the Atlantic, seas are mild, however the Voyager still is rocking a bit. Just shared info on the prescription Scopace (pill form not patch..so dose control is possible) since she was sick last night (meclizine did not work for her) Saw the GM when I was finishing my morning run. First thanked, Ralph De Klijn (sp/) for adding an ice chest with iced down bottled water on the forward end of deck 12 (jogging track entrance) for the many walkers and joggers use. Asked Ralph (for bottled water) at 4pm yesterday, and the water was in place by 7 am this morning. He is everywhere on the ship making things happen//enhancing our cruise experience Also, was curious/asked Ralph why the pool has been filled only when we were at port. Many other pax asked Ralph too, he explained with the Voyager's pool unusual shape (not rectangular) when there are mild to moderate seas the motion results in turbulent water in the pool that is unsafe to swim in. Explained to Ralph my one common pet peeve on both Silversea and Regent is the inconsiderate pax who take the satellite printed news papers for the self service spot in the library; leaving no papers by 11 am in the library for others to read. Suggested Reception check the papers out...he immediately said he would now put the papers in the coffee corner (where the attendants can observe their proper use)

Looking forward to dinner with the Ralph/General Manager tomorrow night in Compass Rose.

Today we have an American BBQ on the pool deck at noon. Enrichment lectures include: Adventures in space and time; the family of the sun; Operation Husky--The forgotten D-Day (am off in five min to listen to this one) and then we have a special Total Trivia at 3:15 with one of the world's foremost trivia experts (Mitchel Symons)

Wes, as a self-confessed internet junkie, you should be proud to know that this thread is the first (among many favorite sites) I check upon arising. Normally months pass and I don't even take note of CC, let alone a particular thread.

For me, your telling is the next best thing to being there. Continue to enjoy your fun and very civilized crossing (i.e., a mild cigar and cognac). ;)

Thanks to all of the contributors on this thread - this sailing sounds incredible! My partner and I are currently holding a cabin on the Mariner's Fall 2011 TA - our first TA and our first trip with Regent. With that said, the other half is a bit concerned about what type of activities are available on the sea days. He like to keep active and fears that he will feel a bit trapped and/or bored. Is it possible to get copies of the current program of events for this sailing's sea days? No hurry (possibly post trip as to not eat up internet minutes onboard) - but this would help me get him as excited about this trip as me.

Thanks!

Good to know about the non vibration in 971 since we will be in it next week for seventeen days. This will be our first time on Regent also. How do you like the cabin? How is your butler?

Thanks, Mel and Lisa

The cabin is more than adequate. The balcony is huge and the wraparound aspect is very nice. Our butler Rajiv and stewardess Alma are both doing an outstanding job.

We have been enjoying the enrichment lectures by Dr. Caisse very much. We've also enjoyed playing trivia with new-found friends despite the fact we haven't won.

The American Barbecue poolside was wonderful today. The ribs were cooked to perfection.

Last night we dined at Prime 7. The food and service were both outstanding. The veal chop was among the best we have eaten anywhere.

So far Regent has more than met our expectations.

Thank you to all the current Voyager cruisers for their delightful posts. We sail on the Voyager next November for our 25th Anniversary. It will be our first time sailing Regent and Col. Wes has made it a very long and hard wait.

Belated thank you to Col. Wes and all our veterans. I have an employee serving well forward and a brother-in-law who is now officially "the old man" as he pinned on as a Colonel in the Marine Corp. recently.

Keep the posts coming and smooth seas to all our friends on the Voyager.

Martha

Good morning all from us in mid Atlantic. It is Country Fair day today and the crew set up booths and stalls with various activities for us all to join in with trivia style prizes to be won and raffles to participate in. Though it is still quite early ( 0945hrs) the weather today is cloudy and some rain, so maybe the event won't take place.

We had dinner with Nicola, our social hostess last evening and enjoyed Chateaubriand with a Gerwertztraminer and Valpolicella ( sorry about any spelling mistakes). It was a lovely evening.

Off now for our talk on Hollywood Scandals!

Alas, early this morning 6 am..we had a rainy, grey, dark cloudy day in the middle of the Atlantic--now at 10:30 am more rain. Do hope it clears by this afternoon, as Tom notes in the post above, the County Fair is planned for 2pm.

We had dinner last night in La Veranda with another Atlanta based couple; Murray and Sonia. La Veranda changed their menu last night now u can select from a dozen pasta dishes. Your starters still include the plentiful, tasty, and varied anti pasta buffet. Today's enrichment lectures; Hollywood Scandals--the Silver Screen with Harry Chittick; Baseballs shining moments part 2. There is a pizza/pasta lunch on the pool deck at noon and at teatime a variety of cheesecakes will be featured. Tonight's featured entertainer is The Comedy and magic of Harry Maurer--an Atlantic City Entertainer of the Year nominee. At 10:30pm there is a night viewing with Dr. Norma Caisse to observe the stars and constellations (weather permitting)

Martha; thank you for your gracious and kind words and thanks to your employee for his/her service...also Kudos to your BIL for pinning on his silver eagles.

Bob; below are the variety of activities offered on a typical sea day on board the Voyager; all day; cards, mah-jong other board games, jigsaw puzzle. am (walk a mile, pilates, aerobics, coffee chat gardeners, beginners bridge lessons, morning canapes and cocktails, Hollywood scandals lecture, boot camp, intermediate bridge lesson, baseball shining moments II lecture, scrabble game, "Destino"--short animated Disney and Dali film. pm; noon time game show, social and duplicate bridge play, canyon ranch present healthy feet are happy feet, County Fair, popcorn matinee movie--A league of their own, anyone for scrabble, total legs/total arms--fitness trainer; needlepoint, spin class, teatime melodies (with cheesecake), team trivia, bingo bonanza, friends of Bill W meet. Evening: Ivory serenade (cocktails w/pianist in Obsvn Lounge), Cocktails, canapes, and dancing (spontaneous du play for your listening and dancing pleasure prior to your dining experience); solo travelers get together, on the BB's (pianist in the Voyager lounge, moonlight serenade (ivory melodies) in obsvn lounge, the Comedy and Magic of Harry Maurer--evening show in constellation theater, rhythm of the night--dance to the lively music of the Spontaneous Duo (Voyager Lounge), Night viewing with astrologist, nautical nightcap in obsvn lounge, karaoke night (voyager lounge) diso with power (voyager lounge)

Oh Wes!! you missed my favourite "activity" - the bouillon and crackers served at 11am every day. Otherwise what a comprehensive list!! I do hope the weather clears up as the County Fair is such fun. When we were on the Voyager the Executive Chef was heaved into the pool by some of the Galley staff!!

Is the social hostess Nicola Richards? If so she was on the Voyager for my cruise in May from FLL to Iceland to Southampton. She was wonderful. Looked after the solo group. Alway had a smile and time to chat whenever I ran into her around the ship. It sounds as though you are having a lovely cruise. Continue to do so.

Good day everyone. Quick answer to latest questions/comments: Haven't seen boullion and crackers listed, but it is typically available in Horizon lounge after 11 a.m. should you wish for some. Also, no ballroom dancing lessons on this cruise (at least not yet - one week to go). Country fair was moved indoors to Deck 4 atrium due to inclement weather. Still there was a great turnout and everyone had a wonderful time. To the best of my knowledge, none of the CC passengers who are posting won a raffle prize (oh well!!). Menus in La Veranda and Signatures both changed yesterday, so this may be something they do on a regular basis to keep them fresh. Menu in Prime 7 seems to always be the same (where do they get those huge veal chops, anyway?) We were able to swing another reservation in Signatures, so we are heading there this evening after the Seven Seas Society cocktail reception. One of the entertainment highlights of the cruise so far was yesterday in a pre-dinner show by Assistant CD Chris Shafer, who sang his heart out with many great tunes from the 50's and 60's and CD Dionne even nudged me enough to get Susan on the dance floor. By the way Dionne is taking some time off after this cruise but will be joining Navigator in mid-December. She usually works with Chris, evidently, but Chris is leaving Regent for the time being and trying to expand his musical career in Nashville. We both wish him all the luck as he is a very talented young man. The weather this morning was the only really inclement weather we have seen. No rain now, at 4:45 p.m. somewhere between here and there, but still mostly cloudy. I mean, what do you expect in the mid Atlantic in the middle of November? OK, a little more sun would be nice.

-

We continue to have a great time and will report again in a few days. Jeff

-

PS - yes, the social hostess is Nicola Richards. We haven't had much interaction with her, but she is very friendly when we do meet up. Also, apparently, total passengers on the crossing is around 430, which makes for a crew to guest ration of 1.1 or better!

-

Oops, small correction. Susan just pointed out they do list the Boullion and Crackers under snack time at the Coffee Connection beginning at 10:30 a.m. Have also seen people enjoying in Horizon lounge, as mentioned above. Also, tonight is third time change in a row. Amazing how much earlier activity begins each day!!

Good day everyone. Quick answer to latest questions/comments: Haven't seen boullion and crackers listed, but it is typically available in Horizon lounge after 11 a.m. should you wish for some. Also, no ballroom dancing lessons on this cruise (at least not yet - one week to go). Country fair was moved indoors to Deck 4 atrium due to inclement weather. Still there was a great turnout and everyone had a wonderful time. To the best of my knowledge, none of the CC passengers who are posting won a raffle prize (oh well!!). Menus in La Veranda and Signatures both changed yesterday, so this may be something they do on a regular basis to keep them fresh. Menu in Prime 7 seems to always be the same (where do they get those huge veal chops, anyway?) We were able to swing another reservation in Signatures, so we are heading there this evening after the Seven Seas Society cocktail reception. One of the entertainment highlights of the cruise so far was yesterday in a pre-dinner show by Assistant CD Chris Shafer, who sang his heart out with many great tunes from the 50's and 60's and CD Dionne even nudged me enough to get Susan on the dance floor. By the way Dionne is taking some time off after this cruise but will be joining Navigator in mid-December. She usually works with Chris, evidently, but Chris is leaving Regent for the time being and trying to expand his musical career in Nashville. We both wish him all the luck as he is a very talented young man. The weather this morning was the only really inclement weather we have seen. No rain now, at 4:45 p.m. somewhere between here and there, but still mostly cloudy. I mean, what do you expect in the mid Atlantic in the middle of November? OK, a little more sun would be nice.

-

We continue to have a great time and will report again in a few days. Jeff

greygypsy - Please say hello to Chris for me and wish him well in his career in Nashville. I was on the Navigator for the Western Caribbean in January and I met Chris at the Solo get together. Although I didn't always attend I ran into him many times and had nice chats. I told him he was our Michael Buble (I am Canadian and my name is Elsie). Chris won't remember me but I wanted him to know that he made a good impression on a passenger who wishes him well in his new career. I also remember the big hug I received when leaving the ship in Fort Lauderdale.

Archived