siblings and camp carnival

Pacruiser02

Hi, my two boys are 4 and 7, will they be together at camp carnival? I think my youngest will have a better time and not be so shy if he is with his older brother. Will they have to split up? Thanks

No, I don't think they will be together. Camp Carnival ages are: 2-5, 6-8, 9-11.

Your kids can be together-- but your oldest will have to move down in the groups 2-5 year olds.

To make YOU feel better-- they will be in the same room together but just doing different activities.

The first night the camps have family orientation-- and the 2-5 year olds have a dance party- your 4 year old will meet kids his own age to "hang" and have fun all week.

Hi, my two boys are 4 and 7, will they be together at camp carnival? I think my youngest will have a better time and not be so shy if he is with his older brother. Will they have to split up? Thanks

They will be separated and they will not step down 2 years - that is too big of a jump. However, like a poster said, they will be in the same room doing activities.

They do not allow much moving of kids from the age groups. This is the one area that kids programs on all cruise lines fail at. I have been flamed many times for suggesting my kids would have more fun if they are together. Why on earth would we go on a family vacation and then all seperate from each other? People tell me my kids should grow up and just have fun in thier own age group.

I have been told by some that they will allow a younger child to move up if he/she acts ok and does not cause problems. It is not a good idea to let kids that are a lot older or a lot younger to switch groups, but they could overlap the ages a but, say for example 2-4, then 3-6, then 5-8.... just so that there is some flexability.

Except for that, the kids groups are wonderful, the staff is excellent and they work hard to make sure the kids have fun.

I was on the fascination last month with my 3 and 6 yo boys. My older boy is shy also. He wanted to be with his little brother. CC was great, they told me he could move down, but once he did he had to stay there. I managed to get my son to try the older age group a couple times, but near the end of the cruise he really wanted to move down, so I let him.

Before I cruised I had heard they wouldn't let him be together, so I was pleasantly surprised when the CC people worked with me on that. I have to say they were great.

Disney intermingles their age groups, from what I understand.

As with all "rules"...there are exceptions....

but unless a child is a special needs child...my experience with Carnival has been that a 2 year gap is to much to overcome (either moving a child up or a child down).

Children do fine in different age groups in school all the time...they will do fine on a ship as well.....

Archived