Would Balcony D1 be considered an upgrade from Balcony D2?

jratly

We have made the final payment on our Balcony D2 cabin, but Balcony D! cabins are currently $80 per person less. Would this qualify as a chance to upgrade at the cheaper price or do we have to go to a suite to upgrade?

what do you think is different about bedding?

There is nothing different about the bedding. The only difference is location, location, location. My suggestion...Take a good look at where your cabin is located and if there's nothing that could be annoying or noisey above or below it, save the money and stay where you are. D2 to D1 is not an upgrade IMO and probably not worth the cost.

There is nothing different about the bedding. The only difference is location, location, location. My suggestion...Take a good look at where your cabin is located and if there's nothing that could be annoying or noisey above or below it, save the money and stay where you are. D2 to D1 is not an upgrade IMO and probably not worth the cost.

the D1's are $80 pp LESS, wouldn't cost the OP a cent

the D1's are $80 pp LESS, wouldn't cost the OP a cent

Correct, my question isn't about the difference between D1 and D2, I know about that.

What I want to know is that since the final payment has been made, would RCL let us change/upgrade without penalty to the cheaper cabins?

Correct, my question isn't about the difference between D1 and D2, I know about that.

What I want to know is that since the final payment has been made, would RCL let us change/upgrade without penalty to the cheaper cabins?

Yes, when was your cruise booked? If before May 17th you could move AND get the $160 difference in OBC you may have to remind them of the pre May 17th rules. If after then you can just move.

Yes, when was your cruise booked? If before May 17th you could move AND get the $160 difference in OBC you may have to remind them of the pre May 17th rules. If after then you can just move.

We booked after May 17th, so I guess we can't upgrade at the new price.

Rats.

what do you think is different about bedding?

The actual bedding is identical (ie. mattresses, sheets, duvet, pillows, etc.). She (cb at sea) is trying to say that the D1 cabins have more BEDS available so the cabin can sleep more than two people. D2 cabins can only sleep 2 people.

to the OP if I was going to get a cabin closer to mid ship on a better deck I would take it

I know on some ships that a D1 could be center hump on deck9 that would be a definate upgrade for me if i had a D2 cabin all the way forward or aft

You can upgrade you just will not get any monies back in obc or refund

Sue L is correct. You can always upgrade. The question becomes whether you are eligible for a refund or obc.

You have not provided your sail date, so answering completely becomes a bit more difficult. You state you have made final payment, but has your required final payment date passed? It is possible you paid it early.

1. If your required final payment date has not passed, you may upgrade and receive obc. Normally you could get your cruise rate reduced, but you have already paid in full, so it will be obc.
  2. If your required final payment date has passed, and you booked after May 17th (which you stated) you may upgrade, but you cannot receive any obc for the move.

Sue L is correct. You can always upgrade. The question becomes whether you are eligible for a refund or obc.

You have not provided your sail date, so answering completely becomes a bit more difficult. You state you have made final payment, but has your required final payment date passed? It is possible you paid it early.

1. If your required final payment date has not passed, you may upgrade and receive obc. Normally you could get your cruise rate reduced, but you have already paid in full, so it will be obc.
  2. If your required final payment date has passed, and you booked after May 17th (which you stated) you may upgrade, but you cannot receive any obc for the move.

Sail date is in 3 weeks on the Liberty.

We are on deck 9 and the best D1 would be deck 8 just a couple of cabins closer to midship.

I think we'll stay where we are.

im in a d4 thats going to fit 2 adults 2 kids, and connected with my parents d4 room as well.

wouldnt waste the $$$ to go to a D1 for a bigger balcony.

now a js - well that's an upgrade!!!!!

That's a great choice for you, but the original poster was asking about a D1 which is LESS $$$ than his currently booked D2, not more.

And only on the Oasis does the D1 have a larger balcony than D2 through D8.

Archived