18 year old on carnival first time

jaxkai

i thought since i already planned my first prank on the poor guy i should ask a serious question.

ive read he is too old for the teen scene, and im sure much of what his older sister, 23, and i want to do will be ok with him and we will for sure do anything he chooses to do , this cruise is more of a celebration for him graduating and leaving in june for the service.

im also not one of those mothers that would be worried of him out of my sight he is a good kid and maybe he would have more fun without us , who knows.

i guess the question is how do i help make sure he has a good time, any suggestions of activities yes we are doing an excursion each of our days in port geared to what he wants but like if we want to go out drinking or dancing really prolly not much fun for him. ack now im rambling i will just let the experienced peoples help me with this.

i thought since i already planned my first prank on the poor guy i should ask a serious question.

ive read he is too old for the teen scene, and im sure much of what his older sister, 23, and i want to do will be ok with him and we will for sure do anything he chooses to do , this cruise is more of a celebration for him graduating and leaving in june for the service.

im also not one of those mothers that would be worried of him out of my sight he is a good kid and maybe he would have more fun without us , who knows.

i guess the question is how do i help make sure he has a good time, any suggestions of activities yes we are doing an excursion each of our days in port geared to what he wants but like if we want to go out drinking or dancing really prolly not much fun for him. ack now im rambling i will just let the experienced peoples help me with this.

The answer is simply. Find him a hot 17 year old girl :)

Hank

On Carnival, all of the clubs and other things are 18 and older, so he will be able to get into any of the venues...He just wouldn't be able order any drinks...

On the first night of our cruise, Carnival even had a singles mingle in one of the clubs and a lot of young people came out to that and met each other...

I'm sure he won't have a problem meeting people his age once he is on the ship...

Have a good trip!

Our first cruise my oldest was 17- leaving the following week for Boot Camp.

He had a great time- hanging out with kids his age.

(he can gamble, not drink although you can buy it for him)

We found him at the shows, in the disco, even at Karokee. Eatting pizza at 2am.

Dont worry- he will be fine

We found him at the shows, in the disco, even at Karokee. Eatting pizza at 2am.

Dont worry- he will be fine

Be careful about buying drinks for people under age. Some (all?) cruise lines will put you off the ship at the next port if you are caught.

What? If he can't drink, what's he going to do with the drink you buy for him?

What ship are you cruising on and where are you going?

If the ship has a sports deck, that's where most of the teen and young adult guys hang out.

Do you have your own dining family, or are you sitting with other cruisers? I meet a lot of my cruise friends in the dining room. That's a good place to scope out who is on the ship and what they're like. Great for people-watching.

As for drinking, if you're cruising the Caribbean or Mexico or really any country outside of the United States, the legal drinking age is 18 (except on US Virgin Islands, drinking age is 21). So he can drink in port but not on the ship.

If you're on a European/Mediterranean cruise, then you can sign a waiver for your 18-20 year old to be able to drink onboard.

All I can say- we had a great time on cruise with son 18. Although we had more port stops. Ok we are not your age- so did not participate in a lot of activities, but being close in age sure it is ok.

-sports deck great idea

-disco -18 age

-piano bar- anyone can have a good time

-karokee- " "

-late night comedians- usually a hit

-poolside games and lido parties

He is also used to just "hanging around"

I had a set of two 18 year old girls in dental office (I am a hygienist) and she they had just returned from Nassau same ship-- said Atlantis option was too expensive and loved the snorkeling tour thru ship and sailed right past Atlantis. So look into an excursion you can plan together he expresses interest in.

There are plenty of things for 18 year old to do ... they can get into any adult venue, just not drink. The main way to meet people is to get involved with activities ... meets, contests, dancing, etc. I used to avoid all of that stuff and never really talked to other people outside of my family. Thankfully I've gotten over it. ;)

im feeling a bit better not so stressed, i talked to him about things and was informed mom im not a kid, im going to get getting phone numbers and busy.

so hey what do i know, you guys new best lolol i will just relax and let him do his thing i guess, maybe he will want to spend some time with me and his older sister lolol maybe not :) its all good, im learning , dont sweat the small stuff, as long as he is having fun.

Archived