stateroom layout

lovetocruisenow

Generally the cabins for two have the beds against the wall. I've heard reports that cabins that can sleep more have the beds underneath the window so that there is room for the berths to come down--but we haven't had one of those cabins.

From what we have actually seen, most of the layouts of ocean view staterooms if the beds are placed in a twin configuration, they are against each side wall with the nitestands under the window. If the bed is formed into a queen, then the queen bed is directly under the window with the nitestands on the side by the wall.

On the Grand Class ships most Oceanviews (not balconies) will have the head of the bed(s) under the window. However, there are a few rooms that have a different orientation, and as far as I know, you just have to find that out on a room by room basis. With luck, someone will have had the specific room and posted pictures. Other than that, I don't know of a place where you can reliably ask/find out. Even calling the CSR's is not 100% reliable, although that is a commonly used method.

If you are wondering about a particular cabin or cabins, just post the cabin number. One of the great things about these threads is that someone will have "been there, done that" and will be happy to share their information.:)

sticking to the thread topic, but a different question, when in an inside cabin, if you request the beds together, will the bed be against one wall or in the middle with a walkway on each side? I'd rather be in different beds and able to get out of bed without disturbing my husband.

sticking to the thread topic, but a different question, when in an inside cabin, if you request the beds together, will the bed be against one wall or in the middle with a walkway on each side? I'd rather be in different beds and able to get out of bed without disturbing my husband.
All three inside cabins I've had on Princess have had this same bed configuration. The bed is in the middle, with the nightstands on either end. I'm not certain, but I believe if the beds are separate, the beds will be on opposite walls, with the nightstands inbetween.

3379946375_7e3867bf23_z.jpg?zz=1

Does anyone know how you can tell what the layout of the ocean view stateroom will be -- will the bed be under the window or on the wall? Is there a "code" or something if you don,t have a photo to go by?

I've had oceanview cabins on the Grand and Dawn (obstructed view and deluxe oceanview, respectively) and both had the beds against the wall, not under the window. I believe the geoherb is probably correct; if it's a cabin for 3 or 4, the beds are going to be under the window to accommodate the bunks. Mine were cabins for 2. What ship/cabin are you looking at?

We were mostly on the Emerald deck and had it different ways against the window and against the wall. Some of the head posts are fixed and only go one way we saw. You can peek in as you leave on disembark day and see how the beds are all configured in various ways in the same obstructed views. Personally I didn't like the beds under the window because it was hard to look out the window.

Archived