Carnival Fire

kathyemma

They gave them all of their money back for this cruise AND a free future cruise. That sounds like a really good deal to me.

I think its a great offer too. Of course we all know there will be a certain people that it will not be good enough for them.

Ugh. I would kill my dh if he peed off the balcony. If I have to suffer - he would have to suffer. That would be a good time to be a boy.

Kathy

Just make sure that you book the highest level of balcony otherwise you may receive some "rain showers" :p:D

I got to thinking about this though. There are many cruisers that choose not to get a Passport and travel with a BC and DL. That is certainly their choice.

If they tug the ship back to a Mexico port, how are those people gonna be able to cross the border back into the US?

Won't a Passport be REQUIRED? :confused:

I got to thinking about this though. There are many cruisers that choose not to get a Passport and travel with a BC and DL. That is certainly their choice.

If they tug the ship back to a Mexico port, how are those people gonna be able to cross the border back into the US?

Won't a Passport be REQUIRED? :confused:

...ya.

they might have to stay on the ship and take another ship to a US port. That is what has happened in the past.

http://marinecasualty.com/documents/empress.pdf

"....About thirty-five passengers remained onboard throughout

the day having been booked on other cruise ships for

transfer back to the states....." <--------nordic empress, NOT splendor

I was wondering if these passengers will get FREE PHOTOS of thier arrival with the Senor and Senorita on the dock......or will it be a money maker for Carnival to get money at the boader crossing while they are waiting to cross......I could see one of the Cruise staff coming onboard at the boarder and hawking the photos....along with chicklets :)

Mike

They gave them all of their money back for this cruise AND a free future cruise. That sounds like a really good deal to me.

But you have to remember....It is on a Carnival ship......kind of like sailing in a Motel 6 when us RCL people are hanging out in the Meriott......

Remember this is the same ship that hit the Radiance in PV last year..

Mike

But you have to remember....It is on a Carnival ship......kind of like sailing in a Motel 6 when us RCL people are hanging out in the Meriott......

Mike

Did I miss an accident somewhere? I thought the Carnival Legend hit the Enchanment of the Seas in Cozumel last year. Have never heard a word about the Radiance getting hit.

To me, a free cruise is a free cruise and its a nice gesture for Carnival to step up like that.

of course I have no problems with a Motel 6. Ive stayed in them before.

Yep last fall.....while in the turning basin in PV, Splendor hit the Bow of the Radiance....we were on the Radiance the next sailing and you could see the DENT......A day after the incident......the captain of the Splendor was airlifted off the ship off of Cabo...STRESS MAYBE....

Just last week we were in Cozumel on the Oasis and the Radiance was right next to us.....DENT was still there...just a fresh coat of paint trying to hide it.....I guess GEICO did not take the claim from Carnival... :eek:

If you search, you will find pictures...the carnival ship had more damage...then I beleive another incident ( maybe the same one ) the splendor hit the Dock in PV and caused a lot of damage to that...I think this ship is Cursed!

Mike

Mike

In all due respect, can we keep this from turning into a RCI verses Carnival thing? I feel for those folks and regardless of cruise line, no hot food, hot water or A/C would make it a challenge for anyone and something that I hope to never have to endure.

I can't imagine what the passengers (and crew) are going through! I think if I were in that situation, the heck with the "free cruise"--I couldn't see ever getting on a cruise ship again!

And as for the benefit of a balcony cabin, rather than fresh air and/or makeshift bathroom facilities, my thoughts are that the poor people in inside cabins are in PITCH BLACK dark with no electicity! I guess the upper deck must be very crowded.

I feel for those folks and regardless of cruise line, no hot food, hot water or A/C would make it a challenge for anyone and something that I hope to never have to endure.

:eek: Quite the statment when you consider that probably the vast majority of the world's population lives like this every day. :eek:

Those folks on the cruise are certainly disappointed and somewhat uncomfortable but, let's keep some perspective here. :D

Mike

Well if your going to hang at the Marriott you should learn how to spell it :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: just saying no difference in the 2 lines

I was on the Carnival Dream last year when we had no toilets for 6 hours and that was bad enough. I'm glad they got the Splendor's system back up.

Over on the CCL board they are saying that it will take 6 to 8 hours for the tugs to get hooked up to the Splendor then another 24 hours or so to get her back to the pier.

If they are running the ship on auxillary power and since we haven't seen any Live from the Splendor threads I'm assuming that most power systems are off i.e. elevators, internet, cash registers, all but emergency lighting, even cellular at sea. They probably don't even have water in the pools since on Carnival ships they are filled with sea water and they are drained and closed every night.

I have seen one post from a man who's wife and daughters are on the Splendor but he hasn't heard from them.

I can't imagine what the passengers (and crew) are going through! I think if I were in that situation, the heck with the "free cruise"--I couldn't see ever getting on a cruise ship again!

And as for the benefit of a balcony cabin, rather than fresh air and/or makeshift bathroom facilities, my thoughts are that the poor people in inside cabins are in PITCH BLACK dark with no electicity! I guess the upper deck must be very crowded.

I can NOT wait to read the reviews from this sailing. I really feel for everyone on the ship. I hope people are making the best out of the situation and not getting nasty with each other. It would be times like this that I am glad I travel with many, many books and a 12 pack of diet coke with lime. I am sure the crew is doing their best to keep everyone happy and entertained. I wonder if the pools are usable? They can still test the water and add chemicals if needed - so don't really see why they couldn't be. I am sure it is hard to find a chair by the pool this week!

And those poor people with the inside rooms - didn't even think of that! My dd would freak out.

Kathy

PS Ah, the post answered my question about the pools. Oh well.

Mike

Well, at least us "Motel 6" folks know how to spell Marriott (which is where this Carnival cruiser stays on land....)

Thanks for posting, even though I just started revisiting the Carnival thread, i would not have read about this for days. I agree that we are all concerned about our fellow cruisers, and should be informed no matter what board it's on.

Agreed, too many want-to-be moderators here, I wouldn't have read it either. Glad there were no tropical storms in the area as well.

Archived