Stockholder credit with tuesday sale

San Diego Ellie

The rules have changed. You can't combine Exciting Deals price with stockholder credit any more. My last cruise, 2 weeks ago, was purchased as an Exciting Deal. I couldn't use my shareholder credit.

They must have changed the rules very recently because I'm pretty sure we got the $100 stockholder credit when we booked Summit as an Exciting Deal this past July.

A Sixth, to clarify, had you booked one of the Tuesday specials? Because I was also interested in the answer to this question and was disappointed when Hancock said that he couldn't combine them.

Since the stock has no dividends since Royal Caribbean decided to cut those out, the only "dividends" were coming from being able to use it. But there have been so many restrictions imposed in the last few months, it is getting much harder to be able to actually use it to get the shipboard credit. If, in fact, you were able to use it for a Tuesday special booking, I would like to know. Thanks.

This was the final nail in the coffin, so to speak, regarding continuing as a shareholder. The stock finally got back to our purchase price and we dumped it yesterday. Thanks so much for the clarification.

Ellie

I think I'll do the same since the stock finally made it into the plus category for us. Why hold onto it??

I think I'll do the same since the stock finally made it into the plus category for us. Why hold onto it??

Next cruise is a 13 day. With the stock I get $200, plus the OBC for transferring the booking to a travel agent.

I'm keeping my stock. It works for me.

A Sixth, to clarify, had you booked one of the Tuesday specials? Because I was also interested in the answer to this question and was disappointed when Hancock said that he couldn't combine them.

Since the stock has no dividends since Royal Caribbean decided to cut those out, the only "dividends" were coming from being able to use it. But there have been so many restrictions imposed in the last few months, it is getting much harder to be able to actually use it to get the shipboard credit. If, in fact, you were able to use it for a Tuesday special booking, I would like to know. Thanks.

I have no idea what the TA booked (it did happen on a "Tuesday" I was only reporting that I got nearly instant Shareholders OBC in addition to my TA credit,

Let a CC TA tell you... that's what was recommended to me.... the ones advertising here ( Disclaimer: I have no interest in CC and am not a TA, just like a deal)

:D:D

I talked directly to Celebrity in regard to the booking and the representative told me that it was not combinable. Then I followed up with Captain's Club, who told me same thing. However, I was not certain how reliable those folks were since many times they don't have the best info. But then Hancock posted something similar.

I could try calling and talking to some of the CC TAs. In my past experience, some TAs don't know that much either. Unfortunately you are not able to post the specific name of the one you used. Perhaps I'll just try and email shareholder services. Then I'll know for certain.

I had bought a lot of the Royal Caribbean stock when it had dividends. But without dividends, it doesn't have much to offer. I've sold a substantial amount since the price went up and if the restrictions continue, I am just going to sell the rest while the price is up. Royal Caribbean stock is so cyclic that it in my humble opinion it is not a good long term investment unless they reinstate the dividends or you can get the shipboard credit, which is like getting a dividend.

We recently booked a Mercury cruise that had terrific Tuesday prices, but when we called Celebrity they told us that those Tuesday special rates were not combinable with our stockholder credit. So we did a little more research and realized we could get a similar price by using our military discount (we are a veteran) which is combinable with the stockholder discount. Apparently it has gotten to a point where the stockholder discount is only combinable with Senior and Military Discounts.

Hank

The shareholder's benefit is not combinable with other RCl/Celebrity obc's such as those for booking on board, coupons, etc.

Corporate discounts and benefits are not affected by what a TA might offer.

We are cruising in December, and will then have gotten our initial purchase price back in shareholder's benefits. As soon as we get back, we will cash in the stock and enjoy the profit. We were lucky to have friends whose son is a stockbroker and bought last year at $6.50 a share :).

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

The shareholder's benefit is not combinable with other RCl/Celebrity obc's such as those for booking on board, coupons, etc.

Corporate discounts and benefits are not affected by what a TA might offer.

We are cruising in December, and will then have gotten our initial purchase price back in shareholder's benefits. As soon as we get back, we will cash in the stock and enjoy the profit. We were lucky to have friends whose son is a stockbroker and bought last year at $6.50 a share :).

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

You WERE LUCKY to buy so low! Some of us poor fools bought at $40 while the stockholder obc was combinable and saw it drop to $8 or less. As I said, I finally recouped as we sold it at $42 a few days ago. I am glad to be out of this. We are keeping our Carnival stock, as that IS combinable with all other discounts.

Archived