Splendor, Splendor, Splendor Combined Thread

ChaylaT

According to cnn.com the ship is 180 miles WSW of Ensenada. If this position report is accurate, it is probably not more than 3 or 4 hours difference to San Diego. If the position report is inaccurate then all bets are off.

by car from sd to mx border is about 10-15 min. It's very close.

According to cnn.com the ship is 180 miles WSW of Ensenada. If this position report is accurate, it is probably not more than 3 or 4 hours difference to San Diego. If the position report is inaccurate then all bets are off.

A healthy ship can not make it from Ensenada to San Diego in three hours. Where do you get your information?

I call BS on all these posts that say they would just love to be on this cruise. I really can't wait to hear from some passengers that were on board to hear what it was really like.

BC, couldn't agree with you more. It reminds me of someone stating that she wished her luggage had been dropped into the port of embarkation so that she could get $200 to spend in the shops onboard. Pitiful...more so that my post got pulled :o:confused:

First, I sincerely want to extend my thoughts and prayers to all of those aboard this cruise, and their friends and families, and I wish the passengers a safe journey home.

Second, I am am a first time cruiser booked on a cruise in a couple of weeks on another line to the Bahamas. I originally joined this site to get an idea of how to prepare and what to expect as a "first timer" and have enjoyed reading the threads and the reviews here.

I have to say, I'm feeling completly selfish at the moment :( b/c hearing about what has happened on this cruise is freaking me the f**k out!!

I am looking for some advice or suggestions or "something" from the experienced cruisers here that would help me to decide what to do. I was looking forward to a relaxing vacation and now I am afraid I will not enjoy my trip b/c I will be fearing the worst.

I try not to be a "negative Nancy" but everything I've read here, from fires, to travel insurance (which I don't have) to passports (which I don't have, AGAIN) terrorists, and SPAM for dinner (AS IF ;)) is not helping me feel very good about having a relaxing vacation if something were to go wrong with the ship.

Is this normal??? I appreciate any constructive advice...

I can understand your anxiety....but please understand that MOST cruises go off without ANY problems...i have been on 11 cruises, and only my last one was problematic....we had to miss 2 ports due to bad weather....things happen....to our cars, our appliances, etc. etc...enjoy your cruise and just assume that everything will be fine....it is all you can do!:)

OH I did not intend to be destructive....but the poster is on another cruise, on another cruise line, with another destination. No one here can say for sure that their cruise ship will or will not encounter trouble. But to "freak the f*ck out" (their words not mine) over this incident does seem to be a bit much IMO

Oh there you go again....

A healthy ship can not make it from Ensenada to San Diego in three hours. Where do you get your information?

There are no roads to follow on the ocean, from there present position it is just a few degrees difference in heading.

Simple 5th grade geometry.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgm61

Cars travel about three times faster than a cruise ship. And Ensenada is not at the border. It is about 50 miles south of the border.

Both statements are correct.

First, I sincerely want to extend my thoughts and prayers to all of those aboard this cruise, and their friends and families, and I wish the passengers a safe journey home.

Second, I am am a first time cruiser booked on a cruise in a couple of weeks on another line to the Bahamas. I

I have to say, I'm feeling completly selfish at the moment :( b/c hearing about what has happened on this cruise is freaking me the f**k out!!

I am looking for some advice or suggestions or "something" from the experienced cruisers here that would help me to decide what to do. I was looking forward to a relaxing vacation and now I am afraid I will not enjoy my trip b/c I will be fearing the worst.

I try not to be a "negative Nancy" but everything I've read here, from fires, to travel insurance (which I don't have) to passports (which I don't have, AGAIN) terrorists, and SPAM for dinner (AS IF ;)) is not helping me feel very good about having a relaxing vacation if something were to go wrong with the ship.

Is this normal??? I appreciate any constructive advice...

Relax. I am a 2ND time cruiser, going to the Bahamas on NCL Sky. This unfortunate situation, which I too have in my hopes and prayers, has nothing to do with you. You will have a great time. Just do a little research on the Bahamas. If you will dock in Nassau ,you can visit Atlantis, or walk around town. There are beaches, and places to snorkel. Try the message boards about the Bahamas. Please go on the roll call board for your ship and see who else is going. Bon voyage.

OH I did not intend to be destructive....but the poster is on another cruise, on another cruise line, with another destination. No one here can say for sure that their cruise ship will or will not encounter trouble. But to "freak the f*ck out" (their words not mine) over this incident does seem to be a bit much IMO

A few people on the Splendor ended up in the infirmary for anxiety attacks......would that qualify for freaking the **** out:confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgm61

Cars travel about three times faster than a cruise ship. And Ensenada is not at the border. It is about 50 miles south of the border.

Both statements are correct.

yes and I did say both things actually. So its about an hour or so from Ensenada to San Diego.

There are no roads to follow on the ocean, from there present position it is just a few degrees difference in heading.

Simple 5th grade geometry.

The ship is being towed from a position that is south of Ensenada. If it goes to San Diego it will pass Ensenada. It was only about 55 miles off the cost, and about 200 - 250 miles south of Long Beach.

The estimate for the extra time it will take to get the ship to San Diego is closer to 16 hours (from an 8pm estimate in Ensenada to a noon time estimate in San Diego).

Again, even a healthy ship would not make it from Ensenada to San Diego in three hours.

A few people on the Splendor ended up in the infirmary for anxiety attacks......would that qualify for freaking the **** out:confused:

NO imo...not for the person not in the infirmary right now, not on the Splendor right now, and not cruising on the Splendor anytime soon. There was a bad accident in my town today--which the poster probably does not live in. Should she freak out about that and not drive tomorrow? :confused:

I'm genuinely not trying to be an a$$ and apparently failing:rolleyes: but seriously??

Archived