Blog about Carnival

kathyemma

http://johnhealdsblog.com/

John Heald, the cd on Splendor has a wonderful blog - been following him for awhile now. He has started to record entries about last weeks sailing. If you are new to his blog - you might not be used to his humour - so keep that in mind while reading! You might also want to read some his entries from the past month. I have never sailed with him but would love to one day.

Make sure you start with Part 1.

Kathy

He is a fabulous cruise director.

I ran into his blog a few months ago and have been HOOKED! I really want to sail with him - just don't want to fly to LA to do so! Maybe someday he will come east! I can't tell you the name of ANY of the cd's I have sailed with in the past. I do remember Captain Johnny from the Mariner - sailed with him twice - he was very nice.

Kathy

http://johnhealdsblog.com/

John Heald, the cd on Splendor has a wonderful blog - been following him for awhile now. He has started to record entries about last weeks sailing. If you are new to his blog - you might not be used to his humour - so keep that in mind while reading! You might also want to read some his entries from the past month. I have never sailed with him but would love to one day.

Make sure you start with Part 1.

Kathy

That's a really interesting description of what happened. Looking forward to Part 3 and more. :)

I've cruised with John Heald a few times before his blog really shot him into larger recognition. If you like his humor, he's a funny guy. Personally I didn't find him the most approachable CD in ordinary settings, and his schtick can get a bit tiresome ... but with all of that, he definitely adds something to a cruise, which is more than I can say about many CDs.

I've cruised with John Heald a few times before his blog really shot him into larger recognition. If you like his humor, he's a funny guy. Personally I didn't find him the most approachable CD in ordinary settings, and his schtick can get a bit tiresome ... but with all of that, he definitely adds something to a cruise, which is more than I can say about many CDs.

I think he's kind of like their Ken Rush. We felt the same way about Ken, until we sort of surreptitiously observed him one evening...and we were quite impressed. :)

part 3 is now up for those interested. I for one, am finding this very interesting as he is not holding anything back. He is telling it like it is and explaining how it all went down.

After watching the 15 minute video of him addressing the crew yesterday, whether or not he is "fake" I could not care less. The man truly loves his job and cares very much about the passengers and the crew.

part 3 is now up for those interested. I for one, am finding this very interesting as he is not holding anything back. He is telling it like it is and explaining how it all went down.

After watching the 15 minute video of him addressing the crew yesterday, whether or not he is "fake" I could not care less. The man truly loves his job and cares very much about the passengers and the crew.

do you have link to that video??

here you go :)

if that doesnt work then click on this link and scroll half way down the page. its the second video on the page.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=4223

I've been bouncing over to the Carnival board and reading. Even though we've sailed with Carnival, I've never posted over there. The crew announcement was really interesting, and it was a very nice gesture on their part. The long one of the crewmember's 3 night hotel room is interesting as well, he seems to be really happy with it. :)

I cruised with John a little more than a year ago and he is wonderful. He will be the CD of the Carnival Magic out of Glaveston next year. I could not have told you the name of a single CD we ever had until we met John. He is exceptional!

Count me as one that is "not" a fan. I have cruised twice with John as CD and the first time I thought that he was funny. The second time I realized just how fake he was. Sorry but I think that he is rude and crude on his blog. He has a lot of fans though. Almost a cult following.

I agree with gator....very sarcastic and nasty disposition...and VERY down on RCCL. Always bashing them. I have never heard Ken Rush bash other lines.....just sayin...

John Heald has certainly become some sort of rock star and it surprises me. He is one of the few CDs that I remember. I thought he was a very competent master of ceremonies during the various entertainment events but when it came being friendly with the passengers.... what a dud! I am not one who normally has any contact with the CD or their staff other than passing pleasntries. Every time I would pass him on the ship he would never acknowlege you in any manner, very aloof. While we were in Georgetown, CI, I was walking into a store as he was leaving and the turning of his head as to not have to see me was more than deliberate, I guess he did not want to strike up a conversation while he was carrying his BIG bag of bounty from the store:rolleyes:.

Oh well, maybe he has picked up some people skills.... I'm sure he needed them on that "fun" ship this past week!!

Archived