Thanks Royal Caribbean

trixietx

I can assure you, we will enjoy!

We have stayed in owners suites, grand suites, jr. suites and balcony cabins and loved them all. But never a Crown Loft suite, we will love it! And this is our very first upgrade!

Thank you again Royal Caribbean!

for the upgrade. We can hardly wait!

This is our first upgrade ever and we went from a JS to a Crown Loft suite on Allure.

We are so excited!

WOW....thats some nice upgrade:cool:....I think Royal is handing out some nice upgrades in Dec due to the Diamonds In Dec Celebration ...CONGRATS and ENJOY:)

I can assure you, we will enjoy!

We have stayed in owners suites, grand suites, jr. suites and balcony cabins and loved them all. But never a Crown Loft suite, we will love it! And this is our very first upgrade!

Thank you again Royal Caribbean!

You're going to love the Crown Loft. We had one on the Oasis back in May and it was outstanding. :) Congrats on the upgrade. In 23 years of cruising, I have only been upgraded once and that was on Carnival.

I have only been upgraded once and that was on Carnival.

Same here. One upgrade years ago from an SO to a JS on Majesty...and I was Gold. No D or D+ upgrades yet. :mad:

Congrats, Op! That is one hell of an upgrade. Good for you! :)

for the upgrade. We can hardly wait!

This is our first upgrade ever and we went from a JS to a Crown Loft suite on Allure.

We are so excited!

WOW :eek: thats fantastic, congrats on the upgrade, I hope you have a great time on your cruise.

Congrats!

I do have a question though.....

I thought that part of the new Diamond benefits was that they would look at Diamond memebers for upgrades....

On our recent Oasis cruise, I heard of someone who booked through the same ta as we did got upgraded....they were platinum...

I read on another thread that the upgrades are done by computer and totally random...is this the case?

I read on another thread that the upgrades are done by computer and totally random...is this the case?

I've been told 3 times now by RCI that D/D+ upgrades start with whoever has the highest cruise credits on that sailing, then they work their way down. I guess there are other factors as well, like amount paid, time booked, etc. Who knows how they figure it all out?

All I know is I was in a JS on Oasis. I am D+ and I was booked 21 months out. I know there were several Crown Lofts open on my sailing. No upgrade for me. I thought maybe it was just too big of an upgrade, but now I've read on other threads of people going from an E to a GS, or a D to a OS, or a JS to a CL like on this thread. So, your guess is as good as mine on how they actually do it. All I know is, the way they advertise it as a perk is a little deceiving.

Off my soapbox. I just had to get that out. ;)

I've been told 3 times now by RCI that D/D+ upgrades start with whoever has the highest cruise credits on that sailing, then they work their way down. I guess there are other factors as well, like amount paid, time booked, etc. Who knows how they figure it all out?

All I know is I was in a JS on Oasis. I am D+ and I was booked 21 months out. I know there were several Crown Lofts open on my sailing. No upgrade for me. I thought maybe it was just too big of an upgrade, but now I've read on other threads of people going from an E to a GS, or a D to a OS, or a JS to a CL like on this thread. So, your guess is as good as mine on how they actually do it. All I know is, the way they advertise it as a perk is a little deceiving.

Off my soapbox. I just had to get that out. ;)

I don't blame you...I don't think I'm wrong with being confused as to why a platinum member would get an upgrade on the same one I am on.....

I think I've figured out how they do it. It's like playing games with your older siblings--they make up the rules as they go along.

The latest theory I've heard is that it depends on who gets the upgrades to give out--C&A or the revenue department. If it's C&A, then the highest D+, then D, etc will benefit. If its revenue, the results seem fairly random. Sometimes, it can even be a combination of both. I always call C&A about possible upgrades at 3 weeks out and they tell me they're still waiting to hear how many, if any. they'll receive.

Archived