BYOB onboard Princess???

AirbusPat

Anybody know what the policy is on Princess concerning bringing wine onboard for one's cabin? I'm talking about the initial embarkation. A few years back on a Celebrity cruise I packed a bag with five bottles of wine for our cabin. I just checked the bag and it showed up in our cabin and we enjoyed it during the cruise with no problem.

I understand that Holland America has no restriction on the amount of wine or liquor you can bring on board as long as it is for your cabin.

I know the policy differs from one cruise line to the next. Just wanted to know if any CC folks have any experience with this on Princess?

Thanks

The Princess Passage Contract says you can bring wine onboard. It is frequently interpreted to mean one bottle per person, but I I have never seen anything official stating that limit. I have also never heard of the limit being enforced.

We took wine on board the Coral in Alaska and the Island in the Panama Canal with no problem. Since we flew to meet both ships, we took boxed wine rather than bottles. I didn't trust the airlines not to break the bottles in my suitcases! We kept the wine in the fridge in our cabin and enjoyed it in our room and on the balcony.

Anybody know what the policy is on Princess concerning bringing wine onboard for one's cabin? I'm talking about the initial embarkation. A few years back on a Celebrity cruise I packed a bag with five bottles of wine for our cabin. I just checked the bag and it showed up in our cabin and we enjoyed it during the cruise with no problem.

I understand that Holland America has no restriction on the amount of wine or liquor you can bring on board as long as it is for your cabin.

I know the policy differs from one cruise line to the next. Just wanted to know if any CC folks have any experience with this on Princess?

Thanks

We bought a mixed case at Total Wines in FLL, slapped on a luggage tag and handed it in with our luggage when we boarded the Coral. The case was in our room when we arrived.

CC Moderator // Once again, PLEASE put a sticky up for this topic under Princess because thread after thread after thread gets started on this topic.

If ALL topics that are "beaten to death" are made sticky's... CC would be a forums with nothing but... STICKY'S!

Everyone always says... "use the search function" or "asked and answered". Well since a lot of the same people post nearly everyday anyway... and not only do they click on the topic, but post the "search" or "this topic is covered everyday" reply... why not just answer the question, read and enjoy or hit he back button and move on? Just a thought.

All that said... I wish people would just read the cruise contract! Just kidding! :p

Archived