CVP - Certified Vacation Planner - changes

Merion_Mom

I have been using the same WONDERFUL Royal Caribbean CVP for YEARS now. LOVE her to pieces.

She, like all CVP's, represented Royal Caribbean, Celebrity and Azamara.

Royal Caribbean just changed up its entire department.

Each agent is now strictly either Celebrity OR Royal Caribbean - they are not allowed to handle both.

I have lost my CVP. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I have been using the same WONDERFUL Royal Caribbean CVP for YEARS now. LOVE her to pieces.

Each agent is now strictly either Celebrity OR Royal Caribbean - they are not allowed to handle both.

Well, ever since we lost wonderful George...I have never found another one. :( I just book through C&A.

How about a positive spin :p Perhaps now the CVPs will be very knowledgeable on the ships they are representing instead of getting the ships and policies confused :)

###

Oh that's a good one. I needed a laugh.;)

How about a positive spin :p Perhaps now the CVPs will be very knowledgeable on the ships they are representing instead of getting the ships and policies confused :)

###

Gee, and maybe people will stop arguing over the dress codes. :rolleyes:

Well, ever since we lost wonderful George...I have never found another one. :( I just book through C&A.

Yes, I loved George, too, but the one I have now lost was even more wonderful, if you can imagine that!

Others may complain about wrong answers and bad service, but I never experienced those things with either of my RC CVP's.

I am sad. :(

My TA just told me last week that all the cruiselines, including RCCL, have been cutting their own TAs and staff.

Not true. At just one location, RCCL has added over 150 jobs in the last 12 months and is on track to add another 200 or so over the next 18 months. In their other two sites departments have either maintained numbers or grown - although not as much as their newest site.

RCCL is doing quite well. They had very few layoffs compared to the industry at large and are now recovering with a bang. They are investing heavily in their C V P department.

Sorry you're sad, Carol. I know you really liked your CVP. If she is with Celebrity, honestly, I wouldn't fret. I've found my new favourite cruise line, and it's Celebrity. Try one of their Solstice class ships. I had an amazing time last week. You know me - I'm a party girl, and very social. I had NO problems finding fun on Celebrity. ;)

I didn't know you could have a designated CVP. Is this just for TA's or for anyone?

I just book online, or call the main number. Any agent we have spoken to has been able to handle our bookings. We try to do as much online as possible. I have plenty of friends, so I don't need to be BFF with an operator at the cruise line.

Yes, I loved George, too, but the one I have now lost was even more wonderful, if you can imagine that!

Others may complain about wrong answers and bad service, but I never experienced those things with either of my RC CVP's.

I am sad. :(

I'm sorry! I know how dissappointing it is to have to change to a new person when you were happy with the one you had. I've never had one specific person to alk to (CVP, but wish I had!). I Always book directly on line, and when there is a question or a special request, I talk to the first person on the line. (I've never had any conplaints though).

I hope you find a new CVP as good as the one you lost (if you do, I'd be very grateful if you share the information)

RCI did change things up BUT the CVP's were given a choice of being a Rci or Celebrity CVP. Luckily I've Got two good ones and with the changes I now have one for RCI and one for Celebrity cruises so I'm covered.:)

A good CVP planner can make a difference.......as they can make things happen.;)

Here is an interesting scenario on which someone can perhaps shed light. I've worked with a great CVP for several years (Andre) and was under the assumption that they receive an incentive or commission based upon the bookings they make. That is a fact for Holland America Line, for example.

About a year or so ago, I said that I wanted to make my new booking and wanted to make sure he got the credit so I didn't book the promotion via the web site. He said, "It doesn't matter, go ahead and book on the web site and get your shipboard credit". I replied that I wanted to make sure that he gets the credit as he is always so helpful.

He further insisted that he'd book it if I would like but that he "doesn't mind" if I just book independently on the RCI web site. Well I did go ahead and do that and have been booking directly ever since. I like having the inside connection to get dining changes, staterooms changed, etc. so I still e-mail him and he is still very helpful.

Anyone in his position at any other cruise line would be chomping at the bit to get referrals so this threw me for a curve.

Archived