Priceline bidding

Smokeyone

Hello

I am a newbie to priceline although I have managed to book my Washington hotel successfully.

Have been trying for a few weeks now to get a 4 star in San Juan

for two different dates next March. Have bid upto $125 - is this a

reasonable amount or do I need to go higher or should I just wait

and see even if it means not booking the hotels until next year.

Thanks

Hello

I am a newbie to priceline although I have managed to book my Washington hotel successfully.

Have been trying for a few weeks now to get a 4 star in San Juan

for two different dates next March. Have bid upto $125 - is this a

reasonable amount or do I need to go higher or should I just wait

and see even if it means not booking the hotels until next year.

Thanks

There is a link at the top of the San Juan board about recent Priceline wins.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=412956&page=89

I got the Marriott Stellaris for 3/17 for $115 and the Wyndham Rio Mar on 3/16 for $116 (all plus tax)

If you want to stay in Old San Juan you might try bidding 3.5 for the Sheraton. I believe that recently went for $80 on Priceline.

Read the posts on the link for the San Juan wins. Also, spend time on a site called betterbidding.com. There are links for both tips and recent winning bids. Good luck. Just be certain of how you proceed as all winning bids are final......Marty

The OP should be aware that whatever anyone posts as the price they got is for a particular date only. If someone gets a certain hotel for November, for example, that is pretty much irrelevant if someone else is trying to book for February. The price fluctuates wildly, even one day can make a difference...especially if you're only booking one weekend night.

Thank you all for the advice - thinking of starting again but at the 3.5 star..

Also received a Priceline message about bidding an extra $30 but other

forums have mentioned about not taking the bait.

I agree - do not "take the bait" :D

The PL counteroffer (in your case, $30) generally represents the upper limit of what you will have to bid to win. So, continue bidding in small increments to get the best price, and don't be tempted to add $30 to your bid. You should not have to bid that high to win. I think you are doing well by not getting your first bid accepted. No sense in overpaying if you don't have to. Good luck.

betterbidding.com has a lot of good info on Priceline and Hotwire. I'm at the Caribe Hilton for $100 (3 nights pre-cruise). Good hotel for the price but the food/drink is sky-high, more that the ships ;) Horrible pina colada for $12.20 (include 15% tip) out in the pool area. Got a little more busy today (sat), more locals on the weekends (employee's relatives from my sight).

Also the little convenience store across fro the Caribe has no inventory. 3 bottles of rum for $22+, most shelves bare.

CH

I got Sheraton Old San Juan yesterday for $80 (first bid) for March 14 & 15. Got the same price a few weeks ago for the 16th & 17th so keep trying. I was thinking of going for a 4* but rooms have been going in the $130/nt range lately for March and I didn't feel it was worth an extra $50/nt. Hotwire also has Sheraton Old San Juan for $105/nt (I'm pretty sure that's what it is) so you can always go that route too.

I was looking for night of 3/12, 3.5*. Finally got Raddison at 123. a night.

Problem is that that's a Saturday and during the spring season, there are three big ships sailing every Sunday! So that extra 8 or 9,000 people really drives up prices.

All rooms booked through Priceline are for double occupancy only.

Anyone done priceline with 4 people in a room and had trouble getting the hotel to give you 2 beds?

Im game to bid but I worry we will end up with a King and no room for my sons

All rooms booked through Priceline are for double occupancy only.

Yeah Im aware of that...my issue is there are 4 of us and Ive seen folks say they have booked and called the hotel a few days before and ask for 2 double beds.

Im curious if anyone has done this recently at the San Juan hotels or has anyone had trouble doing this

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi,

I'm also a "newbee" and wonder if there is a place to go where you name the hotel you want to bid on?

I'm not looking forward to doing all the research to learn how to do these things...and I'm tired of paying hotel given rates. Please advise.

Hi, nope...when you use Priceline you cannot name the hotel. It is

stars and zones.

We stayed at the Radisson in Condado last week and it was quite nice.

$78. on Priceline for one night.

Had a beautiful room on the second floor in the new wing of the hotel. King bed.

We are going to be staying there in May. I am glad that I finally heard something positive about the place. I won a bid for 80.00 for one night ( precruise ) How much is the cab fare to the cruise port? It seems I heard that there is a 20 % tax on the rooms ????

I am so excited.. I have been on Cruise Critic almost every nite for the last 6 days. lol It's so cold and windy here in Pa. Its fun getting on and sharing your thoughts, and thinking about warmer weather.

Archived