RCI secrets they don't tell you

kembo

Apparently the rccl shipmate app is for iphone only. I have a tmobile my touch phone so i just accessed the rccl website from my phone and found the deck plans then clicked on "printable version" and it saved it to my phone as a pdf file. I had to do it for each deck but it only took a few minutes and dont have to worry about internet access. Also, dont get it confused with another shipmate app that tracks packages and luggage.

great tip-thanks!

We have Verizon and Droids, no problem with app.

Check out this web site. This product is a must for cruising! It works.

http://www.poopourri.com. :D

Glad you beat me to this great tip. This stuff really works and we have the travel size as well as a larger size for our bathrooms at home.

I do find it amusing that people find it necessary to bring water filled pillows as well as white noise machines and special towels and french presses and etc and etc. Tell me - who carries all of this luggage for you (up and down stairs and onto crowded busses)? And how much do you have to tip them through the airport and through the embark and disembark? I hate to let my possessions rule me. Much much easier to take the minimum and have some freedom and more space in the cabin - IMHO. But as they say - whatever floats your boat. :)

Glad you beat me to this great tip. This stuff really works and we have the travel size as well as a larger size for our bathrooms at home.

I do find it amusing that people find it necessary to bring water filled pillows as well as white noise machines and special towels and french presses and etc and etc. Tell me - who carries all of this luggage for you (up and down stairs and onto crowded busses)? And how much do you have to tip them through the airport and through the embark and disembark? I hate to let my possessions rule me. Much much easier to take the minimum and have some freedom and more space in the cabin - IMHO. But as they say - whatever floats your boat. :)

Well I for one can't sleep on just any pillow so I take mine with me but I agree some people seem to take a lot. But as you say what floats your boat. Just tip well.

Eat more BACON

Thanks for the information - looks like I need my own shower gell, shampoo and conditioner and some type of cover-up (large Gator T shirt). Doing same internary as you - only on Navigator April 14. Sure will miss my HAL, Celebrity and Princess wine!!! Looking for anything else I need to know.

You can currently take one bottle of Wine or Champagne per person per stateroom on RCCl cruises. You don't have to miss your wine...:p

You can currently take one bottle of Wine or Champagne per person per stateroom on RCCl cruises. You don't have to miss your wine...:p

I could be wrong as things have changed recently but I think it is 2 bottles per stateroom. No matter how many are in it.

Eat more BACON

I could be wrong as things have changed recently but I think it is 2 bottles per stateroom. No matter how many are in it.

Eat more BACON

On Allure, in October, one bottle per person, per cabin. B2B you can bring two per person, and they hold the two extra.. Unless it has changed in the last 60 days..

On Allure, in October, one bottle per person, per cabin. B2B you can bring two per person, and they hold the two extra.. Unless it has changed in the last 60 days..

Two bottles per stateroom, here's the website link:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/whatToKnow/topTenFAQs/detail.do?pagename=top_10_faqs&pnav=4&snav=2&faqId=260&faqSubjectName=Top+FAQ&

While they may have allowed you to break the policy, the official policy is (and has been for as long as I've been looking at cruising, approximately 18 months):

"Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or for any other use. Guests wishing to bring personal wine and champagne onboard may do so only on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750ml bottles per stateroom."

It is pretty clear that it is per stateroom, not per person...

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Umm hmm you do know that a stateroom CAN have more than 2 adults or people in them. If not then that is the confusion and why people say only 2 per stateroom instead of 1 per person.

Eat more BACON

We always drive to ports so luggage weights are not a problem. We us space bags for dirty linen and then we have more room in the luggage for any purchases.

Another tip is that we use command strips for hanging things. These will actually hold wetsuits up to dry without falling. Also used for hats sunglasses, etc.

On our last cruise I had a plastic frame with a magnet that we put in the hallway outside our door. We put a paper in it that said<--front/back-->

Our steward enjoyed our inability of finding our way around. He would sometimes point our sign up and down and stand around to watch our reaction.

Umm hmm you do know that a stateroom CAN have more than 2 adults or people in them. If not then that is the confusion and why people say only 2 per stateroom instead of 1 per person.

Eat more BACON

Thank you Anthony, for stating the obvious. I also understand I was told by security at the port one per person per room. Each ship has their own interpretation to policies.

There was no reason to be condescending in your response. JUST REPEATING WHAT I WAS TOLD. So sorry. :mad:

Thank you Anthony, for stating the obvious. I also understand I was told by security at the port one per person per room. Each ship has their own interpretation to policies.

There was no reason to be condescending in your response. JUST REPEATING WHAT I WAS TOLD. So sorry. :mad:

Hmm. Stating the obvious. Well no not really. There was absolutely no way for me to know that you knew the policy.

Being condescending in my response. Well no I was just trying to point out that you might not know the policy and that more than 2 adults can be in the same stateroom. And that could be where the misunderstanding was coming from.

But I do like your attitude that would assume I was condescending rather than trying to be helpful.

Btw what one person on one ship at one port on one sailing might let you getaway with doesn't mean that the same or different person on the same ship at the same port on the next sailing will. So better to follow policy that way when more than 2 adults in the same stateroom each bring a bottle they don't have a problem or have the extra confiscated. And that isn't being condescending either just stating the obvious. :banghead:

Eat more BACON

Edited by Anthony63

On our last cruise I had a plastic frame with a magnet that we put in the hallway outside our door. We put a paper in it that said<--front/back-->

Our steward enjoyed our inability of finding our way around. He would sometimes point our sign up and down and stand around to watch our reaction.

When we were on Allure in November, I noticed that the stateroom number signs on the doors have a tiny pointer as part of the design that indicates forward (front of the ship). I'd never noticed that before, and now I wonder if other RCI ships have this high-tech indicator. ;)

Get friendly with your diamond concierge. On our last two sailings, we got off the BOTS to do a walk from London back to re-board the BOTS at Harwich and the diamond concierge held our heavy bags for us. Great service!

Do you really mean a WALK from London back to Harwich?! You're talking about 40-50 miles!!

I'm subscribing to this thread because I'm interested to see more tips! We are going on our 2nd RC cruise in March on the Oasis (first on OS). I'm sure there's many more tips I will find helpful!

A tip I have, is if you are a drinker, spring for one of the beverage packages. It seems like a lot of money up front, but with some mixed or frozen drinks costing upward of $9 each, and gratuities being included, we felt like it was totally worth it. We liked the convenience of it! Never had to sign a receipt and if a drink was spilled, disliked or just not finished, we never felt bad about it. Plus, the packages included almost everything you could want!

Hmm. Stating the obvious. Well no not really. There was absolutely no way for me to know that you knew the policy.

Being condescending in my response. Well no I was just trying to point out that you might not know the policy and that more than 2 adults can be in the same stateroom. And that could be where the misunderstanding was coming from.

But I do like your attitude that would assume I was condescending rather than trying to be helpful.

Btw what one person on one ship at one port on one sailing might let you getaway with doesn't mean that the same or different person on the same ship at the same port on the next sailing will. So better to follow policy that way when more than 2 adults in the same stateroom each bring a bottle they don't have a problem or have the extra confiscated. And that isn't being condescending either just stating the obvious. :banghead:

Eat more BACON

When you get off your lofty perch, you can see by my signature , I have cruised more than once. For you to presume I wasn't following the policy, is just rude, but I can see it coming from you. You present yourself as "all knowing" where cruises are concerned, but somehow I think you talk a big game..

On this site, the one you you became a member of April of THIS year, you might find it a bit harsh if you continue to put people down each time you post.

I was relating what I was told, and by individuals working. As I also stated in an earlier post, each port AND cruise lines have their own interpretations of policies.

As a retired Veteran, I am appreciative of all my freedoms, no matter how big or small. I treat people with respect, whether they deserve it or not. It has gotten me far in life. Try it, you might like it, too. :rolleyes:

When we were on Allure in November, I noticed that the stateroom number signs on the doors have a tiny pointer as part of the design that indicates forward (front of the ship). I'd never noticed that before, and now I wonder if other RCI ships have this high-tech indicator. ;)

On the Norwegian Pearl, and I assume on their other ships too, there are fish prints in the carpet and they are all facing forward