Military Onboard Credit announced

MCC retired

This nice thread is confusing little old me :( Some folks are saying result... Others are saying I still have not received it and then when I check things out I see that we have our colonial friends from across the pond discussing their issues with this grant.

I must confess that I spoke with Cunard about whether British service personnel were entitled to it and all I got was a garbled mumbling about I would be better off just accepting the discounts they were offering on certain cruises in lieu of this possible 'gift'

Having said that I do wonder why the offer is being made and the motives behind it. Cunard go to great lengths to advertise the traditional British values plus the history and ties they have with our Royal family, The Queen being Lord High Admiral of the United Kingdom and the Duke of Edinburgh being an Admiral of the Fleet plus of course he is currently the oldest living great-great grandchild of Queen Victoria. Note the Queen Victoria connections apart of course the Queen Elizabeth and that wonderful old lady our Queen Mary.

Why do Cunard cling to our Royal family but ignore our service personnel (by 'our' I include the Commonwealth)

I have the Greatest of respect for every single service person from whatever country and see no reason why Cunard have decided to just pick out the USA and Canada for this 'perk'

Hopefully this issue might have been settled by now but my thoughts are that it has not been handled very cleverly.

Regards

John from the English Riviera

This nice thread is confusing little old me :( Some folks are saying result... Others are saying I still have not received it and then when I check things out I see that we have our colonial friends from across the pond discussing their issues with this grant.

I must confess that I spoke with Cunard about whether British service personnel were entitled to it and all I got was a garbled mumbling about I would be better off just accepting the discounts they were offering on certain cruises in lieu of this possible 'gift'

Having said that I do wonder why the offer is being made and the motives behind it. Cunard go to great lengths to advertise the traditional British values plus the history and ties they have with our Royal family, The Queen being Lord High Admiral of the United Kingdom and the Duke of Edinburgh being an Admiral of the Fleet plus of course he is currently the oldest living great-great grandchild of Queen Victoria. Note the Queen Victoria connections apart of course the Queen Elizabeth and that wonderful old lady our Queen Mary.

Why do Cunard cling to our Royal family but ignore our service personnel (by 'our' I include the Commonwealth)

I have the Greatest of respect for every single service person from whatever country and see no reason why Cunard have decided to just pick out the USA and Canada for this 'perk'

Hopefully this issue might have been settled by now but my thoughts are that it has not been handled very cleverly.

Regards

John from the English Riviera

You seem to be labouring under the misapprehension that the benefit is only available to US and Canadian ex servicemen. If you contact the person below, she will deal with your UK enquiry,

Faye Brimson

Concessions Administrator | Military Benefits

Carnival UK, Carnival House, 100 Harbour Parade, Southampton, SO15 1ST

You seem to be labouring under the misapprehension that the benefit is only available to US and Canadian ex servicemen. If you contact the person below, she will deal with your UK enquiry,

Faye Brimson

Concessions Administrator | Military Benefits

Carnival UK, Carnival House, 100 Harbour Parade, Southampton, SO15 1ST

Hi and thank you for the link but I am not sure I wsas under a misapprehension... I simply telephoned Cunard regarding a cruise issue and during the conversations I asked about this 'benefit' and was told the message in my original post.

I am certainly not going to jump through hoops to get this 'benefit' as it is 'not me'... I am NOT criticising those that take advantage of it and I am not really going to debate it. I asked Cunard simply out of curiosity and if they are now giving it, then lets see it advertised in their brochures, on the Internet and everywhere else where they advertise instead of having to seek out one or two individuals.

I am not an experienced cruiser so please accept apologies for my ignorance when I ask if Carnival is part of Cunard:o When I made my enquiry it was with Cunard itself.

Thanks again for that information and all the best

John

Hi and thank you for the link but I am not sure I wsas under a misapprehension... I simply telephoned Cunard regarding a cruise issue and during the conversations I asked about this 'benefit' and was told the message in my original post.

I am certainly not going to jump through hoops to get this 'benefit' as it is 'not me'... I am NOT criticising those that take advantage of it and I am not really going to debate it. I asked Cunard simply out of curiosity and if they are now giving it, then lets see it advertised in their brochures, on the Internet and everywhere else where they advertise instead of having to seek out one or two individuals.

I am not an experienced cruiser so please accept apologies for my ignorance when I ask if Carnival is part of Cunard:o When I made my enquiry it was with Cunard itself.

Thanks again for that information and all the best

John

Sorry if I misunderstood you when you said "I have the Greatest of respect for every single service person from whatever country and see no reason why Cunard have decided to just pick out the USA and Canada for this 'perk'"

I took that to mean that you thought that Cunard were only offering the benefit to US and Canadian ex service personnel, my mistake. :)

There are no hoops to jump through as far as I know, all you need to do is send proof of your service to the person that I identified. If you choose not to do that, fine. One thing that I would advise is that you should never seek advice about anything to do with the ships or benefits from Cunard shoreside, as they are invariably wrong in theadvice that they give.

Archived