New version of CC forums coming soon!

Texas Teen

If that is the case then maybe we should not have been asked in the sticky to go over and check out that site if these boards were not going to be similar to those. What is the point in checking out a board that has nothing to do with what this one will become?

By the way, anyone else noticed that, as of the time of my posting right now, that stciky no longer exists?

Keep things as they are and yes I noticed that the "sticky" is gone. Another thing I noticed is that over the past few days there was a thread that had a poll about changing the format and the no's far outweigh the Ya's for making the change.:D

Didn't it say in the sticky, before it was taken down, that there would be something that had to do with Facebook? Because today I realized there was a Facebook symbol at the bottom of the page. I noticed it because it is on a line that is usually 1 cm tall, but today I noticed it was about 2 cm tall. Yes, I know that's a small detail, and I may be crazy for measuring a line on a computer screen :), but I have a feeling that they updated the site today to the 'New Version'. I also noticed that as I was typing this, there was something called a "Topic Review" which made the page longer than it normally is when posting a reply. Yes, another minor detail that makes me sound crazy. :D Though I do believe they might have updated it today. I hope so, because the Boards look almost the same, except for those minor details I noticed. ;)

—samoyedlover24

Didn't it say in the sticky, before it was taken down, that there would be something that had to do with Facebook? Because today I realized there was a Facebook symbol at the bottom of the page. I noticed it because it is on a line that is usually 1 cm tall, but today I noticed it was about 2 cm tall. Yes, I know that's a small detail, and I may be crazy for measuring a line on a computer screen :), but I have a feeling that they updated the site today to the 'New Version'. I also noticed that as I was typing this, there was something called a "Topic Review" which made the page longer than it normally is when posting a reply. Yes, another minor detail that makes me sound crazy. :D Though I do believe they might have updated it today. I hope so, because the Boards look almost the same, except for those minor details I noticed. ;)

—samoyedlover24

We have lived through updates. Firstly, the never go smoothly. Secondly, when it happens whether some icon is 1 or 2 cm tall will be very insignificant compared to the real headaches that we will all be dealing with.:eek::D

Maybe they will listen when fewer and fewer people frequent the site.:rolleyes:

I'll probably be one who just drops off the boards. My cruising days are over for awhile since DH was just diagnosed with Alzheimer's and doesn't want to travel (need to change my signature line), and with the new format, I won't be tempted to waste time on something that is not that helpful to me anymore.

Thank you, Cruise Critic, for solving that problem for me.:)

Kathy

—samoyedlover24

CC is still running on vBulletin version 3.7.3. You can see this by opening any CC web page and choosing the "view source" option from your browser. The page that you see will have a lot of computer code but somewhere near the top you'll see "vBulletin" followed by the version number.

CC is still running on vBulletin version 3.7.3. You can see this by opening any CC web page and choosing the "view source" option from your browser. The page that you see will have a lot of computer code but somewhere near the top you'll see "vBulletin" followed by the version number.

That is a legacy version. Versions still supported are 3.8 and Version 4.0, with Version 4 being the current sold version. Actually maybe there is now 4.1. Independent Traveler is using version 4.0.7.

Also Version 4.1 supports the new mobile apps. Certainly CC is going to want a mobile app.

Archived