Dirty water on Adventure

sbtagent

Have a look at the enclosed picture. Almost every evening of my 5 night cruise on Adventure, my towel looked like this after showering. And I had not been on a beach. Room attendant said this happened all over the ship, and that they were replacing metal pipes with plastic pipes. I met a couple in the Diamond lounge ( Hole19 bar) who also mentioned this dirty water.

Beside this water thing, I think the carpet also looked a bit dirty by the balcony door. Some days I saw cabin attendants with carpet cleaning machinery in the corridor.

1804227479_adventure13nov2010031.jpg.912c6dd19707542873479cd244cdb795.jpg

1974600717_adventure13nov2010032.jpg.6daa290b2614945284371b99dfe0779d.jpg

We have experienced this on a few cruises over time. It is usually caused by a problem with a rusty pipe being repaired somewhere down line from your cabin. This is why they are converting to PVC in older ships that were built with iron pipes. A little extra iron won't hurt you. ;)

If the water coming out of the sink is brown, RCCL owes you either providing clean water via room service or free bottles of water. Or, if any available rooms, you should be moved or upgraded if possible.

Same with your shower water being brown. I'd probably have raised enough cane to get OBC at minimum.

You can't convince me that this is sanitary. I wouldn't put up with this at a hotel...if they couldn't provide another room at a hotel w/brown water, I'd leave after talking to manager w/o paying and move to another hotel.

We experienced the same problem on Adventure in March of '09. There were times that the water was so brown it looked like chocolate. It was 4 or 5 days before they agreed to give us bottled water to brush our teeth with. They eventually drained the whole fresh water system and refilled it with fresh water. Even that didn't solve the problem.

This concerns me as we are cruising AOS in March with my daughter and her friend who has never cruised before. I don't want her first experience to be "grossed out" by the water on board.

I've email RCI drawing attention to this thread and requesting an explanation.

If there more brown water horror stories out there - let RCI know so they can fix this problem permanently.

I really do not think that it is a "horror" story. It is just some brown water and it was no big deal and it cleared up in a day or two. If it freaks you out just get some bottled water and brush your teeth with it. It did not make me ill and it was not anything major.

Really, OBC and upgrades!

Wow. It seems difficult to write a thread about anything these days, without the "entitlement" people tuning in with the likes of: "RCCL owes you ....." What has happened to our society?

Bill

Are you kidding?:eek: I am entitled to what I payed for. I don't think that is asking too much is it? Should they charge us extra for the mud in our water then? Perhaps it is enriched somehow. Oh... I get it... It will be charged as a mud bath by spa services now.

As someone else said, if it were a hotel I would ask for another room (w/o brown water) or a refund. Hard to get clean if you water is dirty don't you think?

Why do you think Royal is ENTITLED to my money without providing the service that I am paying for?

Have a look at the enclosed picture. Almost every evening of my 5 night cruise on Adventure, my towel looked like this after showering. And I had not been on a beach. Room attendant said this happened all over the ship, and that they were replacing metal pipes with plastic pipes. I met a couple in the Diamond lounge ( Hole19 bar) who also mentioned this dirty water.

Beside this water thing, I think the carpet also looked a bit dirty by the balcony door. Some days I saw cabin attendants with carpet cleaning machinery in the corridor.

What stateroom were you in?

I was in one of the aft balcony staterooms on 8. deck, but I spoke to people inside deck 7 near l9ibrary who also had the same problem, it is not related to just one single stateroom. I have to ad this happened 2 days into our cruise and lasted for 3 days, not every day was like this.

I was in one of the aft balcony staterooms on 8. deck, but I spoke to people inside deck 7 near l9ibrary who also had the same problem, it is not related to just one single stateroom. I have to ad this happened 2 days into our cruise and lasted for 3 days, not every day was like this.

Thanks for your response. Hopefully they have taken care of this problem and if not I hope my hair doesn't turn brown when I wash it.:( Anyway I know I will still have a good cruise....I always do.

Archived