Dirty water on Adventure

sbtagent

Are you kidding?:eek: I am entitled to what I payed for. I don't think that is asking too much is it? Should they charge us extra for the mud in our water then? Perhaps it is enriched somehow. Oh... I get it... It will be charged as a mud bath by spa services now.

As someone else said, if it were a hotel I would ask for another room (w/o brown water) or a refund. Hard to get clean if you water is dirty don't you think?

Why do you think Royal is ENTITLED to my money without providing the service that I am paying for?

It isn't mud, it is rusty water from iron pipes. It happens on older ships. And, incidentally, you didn't pay for that water. You paid for the room. Everything else is just thrown in gratis.

If you want a refund, be prepared to get off the ship at the next port.

And, incidentally, you didn't pay for that water. You paid for the room. Everything else is just thrown in gratis.

Seriously???? So after paying for my 7 day cruise and airfare to SJ, it is too much to ask that the water I bathe in be clean and I should be greatful that they allowed me water at all? You really do believe RCL is entitled to my money w/o providing basic services. Did you see the towel in the picture? :eek: How dare any of us have any expectations for the thousands of dollars we are spending on our vacations?

If I wanted to stay in a hotel that didn't have a bathroom or take a rust barge down the river, I could save a ton of money. There is a time and place for that type of travel... I think I am over it. Not quite as adventurous as I used to be.

You are right... I have an entitlement problem, I guess.

Seriously???? So after paying for my 7 day cruise and airfare to SJ, it is too much to ask that the water I bathe in be clean and I should be greatful that they allowed me water at all? You really do believe RCL is entitled to my money w/o providing basic services. Did you see the towel in the picture? :eek: How dare any of us have any expectations for the thousands of dollars we are spending on our vacations?

If I wanted to stay in a hotel that didn't have a bathroom or take a rust barge down the river, I could save a ton of money. There is a time and place for that type of travel... I think I am over it. Not quite as adventurous as I used to be.

You are right... I have an entitlement problem, I guess.

1. That towel looks like it was used to wipe the floor.

2. The water is clean, just a bit rusty. It is not harmful in anyway - it just looks ookie

3. Where, oh where, did they promise you rust free water? You understand that this sometimes happens when you have to store water in a giant metal container, right?

I'm not saying it isn't ookie. I am saying that crap happens and in the middle of a cruise, there isn't really anything that can be done about it. And you don't deserve a refund because 1. the water wasn't toxic and 2. you still got your cruise.

I don't want anyone to take this wrong but this thread made me reread the cruise contract with RCL for upcoming cruises. Exactly what we get or are entitled to under the contract is noticeably missing. It is almost like what an indentured servant might have gotten back in the day when coming to America. I highly recommend that everyone re familiarize themselves with it and see if things are not what you expect what your recourse is. That is if you find what you are entitled to in the first place.

It isn't mud, it is rusty water from iron pipes. It happens on older ships. And, incidentally, you didn't pay for that water. You paid for the room. Everything else is just thrown in gratis.

Are you simply trying to draw strong responses? I guess you'll tell us that we didn't actually pay for the bedding or towels either. Could we perhaps say that it's incomplete advertising when the cruise line tells us about the nice bathrooms with shower, sink, toilet without telling us "but water for these is extra" or "but the water coming out may or may not be clear and clean"? In fact, we did pay for more than the room, but hey go right ahead defending the cruise line no matter what. And when you have a non-functioning toilet, shower, and sink and no bedding or towels and no food or beverages and no entertainment--nothing but a bare room on an empty ship, I hope you enjoy your cruise very much.:rolleyes:

And to everyone here who is stating exactly what was wrong with the water: Did you test that water? Are you an expert? If not, then how about not stating as fact something you cannot be sure of.

beachchick

If the water coming out of the sink is brown, RCCL owes you either providing clean water via room service or free bottles of water. Or, if any available rooms, you should be moved or upgraded if possible.

Same with your shower water being brown. I'd probably have raised enough cane to get OBC at minimum.

You can't convince me that this is sanitary. I wouldn't put up with this at a hotel...if they couldn't provide another room at a hotel w/brown water, I'd leave after talking to manager w/o paying and move to another hotel.

I guess you've never seen well water with high iron. Not the nicest to look at, but perfectly safe.

I don't want anyone to take this wrong but this thread made me reread the cruise contract with RCL for upcoming cruises. Exactly what we get or are entitled to under the contract is noticeably missing. It is almost like what an indentured servant might have gotten back in the day when coming to America. I highly recommend that everyone re familiarize themselves with it and see if things are not what you expect what your recourse is. That is if you find what you are entitled to in the first place.

Really?

the water wasn't toxic

You know this for a fact???? If so, how would you know that????

Yes, I do. This is one of the ships I used to work on. It has IRON pipes which occasionally produces nasty looking water. Rusty water is not toxic.

if the rusty water is still a problem. We leave on the AOS on Sunday, 12/12.

We too are sailing on Dec. 12, 2010. I hope the issue is solved by then.

bling19572010 and Nessa1dc,

Please come back to this thread when you return to let us know how the water was.

Have a wonderful cruise.

We too are sailing on Dec. 12, 2010. I hope the issue is solved by then.

So to try and help solve the issues. Noone deserves a free cruise because the water was brown...they do deserve some bottled water to brush.

I remember the first ship I worked on the crew had a totally separate system than guests...during routine maintenance SOAP got into the pipeline. Blech. We had to buy our own bottled water...:rolleyes: Thankfully, the lines treat the guests much better than the crew...

:rolleyes: Thankfully, the lines treat the guests much better than the crew...

As always, this is extremely unfortunate!

The water may not be "toxic", but it certainly isn't clean. Considering RCI no longer allows us to bring our own inexpensive water on board, I don't think that asking them to provide bottled water for people to brush their teeth should be considered an "entitlement". GEEZ!

Yes, I do. This is one of the ships I used to work on. It has IRON pipes which occasionally produces nasty looking water. Rusty water is not toxic.

And you have your PhD in Chemistry from which university? How do you know what other toxic substances may or may not be present in the water??

The water may not be "toxic", but it certainly isn't clean. Considering RCI no longer allows us to bring our own inexpensive water on board, I don't think that asking them to provide bottled water for people to brush their teeth should be considered an "entitlement". GEEZ!

Do you think they would buy the argument that I brush my teeth with beer?? :D:D:D

Cruise Critic suffers when trolls post.

Guests aren't entitled to clean water?

Iron pipes? Are you serious? The Adventure wasn't built in the 1940s, you know.

I don't think bottled water is out of the question at all. The ook factor alone would keep me (and did keep me!) from using it to brush my teeth. But there is a big difference between bottled water and a refund for the cruise.

I don't think bottled water is out of the question at all. The ook factor alone would keep me (and did keep me!) from using it to brush my teeth. But there is a big difference between bottled water and a refund for the cruise.

I never advocated for a refund for the cruise. One of the posters said that they would have asked to be moved... and someone jumped on him about "entitlements". I thought that was out of line, and said so.

Archived