Rumrunners Busted on Destiny TODAY

detwings

I have thought of that. Problem is that I have not yet figured out how to smuggle the barbi and the charcoal or propane to run it. I am still working on this problem, however, and I will report on the solution when I work it out.

DON

Next time, try this, put the rum runner in the suit case, and next to it put an envelope with your bar money in it, on the envelope write, "if you take my rum runner, I WILLNOT be spending this money on your ship" and see if they leave you alone.

I think if I were trying to smuggle, and got caught, I would spend less, out of spite.

Just me,

Next time, try this, put the rum runner in the suit case, and next to it put an envelope with your bar money in it, on the envelope write, "if you take my rum runner, I WILLNOT be spending this money on your ship" and see if they leave you alone.

I think if I were trying to smuggle, and got caught, I would spend less, out of spite.

Just me,

What if both are missing?

Just me,

I think this is a great idea, well, maybe minus the actual dollars. Just a note.

I feel the same way, if they get my maggies and vodka then I will just have a booze free cruise which is fine by me. :)

I spend more on drinks at the bar when I have my rumrunners in tact.

I'll see in a few weeks! :D

Toni

not if you lock your luggage. :p

and it wouldn't be Carnival - Carnival isn't responsible for your luggage until it is on the ship. It is the same with any cruise line. Enjoy!

Sarge, we have soft side luggage with zippers. If I pack them and used the zip ties would that stop them from opening them?

Not really into smuggling luggage, as a non-drinker, but would like the additional security of knowing my stuff is safe.

Advise,

Lee

Sarge, we have soft side luggage with zippers. If I pack them and used the zip ties would that stop them from opening them?

Not really into smuggling luggage, as a non-drinker, but would like the additional security of knowing my stuff is safe.

Advise,

Lee

They WILL cut the zip tie to get into your luggage. They have done this to our luggage.

Advise,

Lee

I plan on getting small luggage locks and using those. The kind that open with keys not combos. Then just attach it so both zippers are held together.

Especially now that I know the screeners are not cruiseline employees I am definitely locking it up next time! I'm also going to be more careful about what I pack in my checked luggage. Not sure if anyone else read the Doomed Splendor review from a few weeks ago but luggage handlers actually dropped some pieces of luggage into the water while loading them onto the ship!

For all of you worried about smuggling, if you want to smuggle please feel free to do so. If you are caught then please do not complain about the consequences.

To everyone who thinks it is a good idea to lock your luggage, it probably is, but once you turn it over to Carnival or the port authorities it is subject to search whether you are present or not and whether it is locked or not. If they want into your bags they can cut the locks or call you down. If you don't want to risk them getting into your luggage then don't cruise.

There is no lock made that Carnival or the port authorities cannot cut so if they really want to search your bag they are going to do so. Doesn't happen often but if they search or cut your locks you have a choice. Stay home.

Before you ask the 4th amendment doesn't apply to Carnival, only to government action and it doesn't apply at all when you come back into the country.

For all of you worried about smuggling, if you want to smuggle please feel free to do so. If you are caught then please do not complain about the consequences.

To everyone who thinks it is a good idea to lock your luggage, it probably is, but once you turn it over to Carnival or the port authorities it is subject to search whether you are present or not and whether it is locked or not. If they want into your bags they can cut the locks or call you down. If you don't want to risk them getting into your luggage then don't cruise.

There is no lock made that Carnival or the port authorities cannot cut so if they really want to search your bag they are going to do so. Doesn't happen often but if they search or cut your locks you have a choice. Stay home.

Before you ask the 4th amendment doesn't apply to Carnival, only to government action and it doesn't apply at all when you come back into the country.

Thank You

Some sanity finally

Baloney and certainly not for booze. Carnival doesn't have your bag until it is on the ship.

The screeners are low bidder contractors and not in any way, shape or form, authorities. Neither are the porters.

None has the authority to cut locks.

I think folks who try to smuggle any prohibited item, and yes Cranival spells out what is prohibited, keeps them from finding dangerous things. We all have seen news reports of underware bombers and liquids are banned on airplanes for a reason.

If the screeners are spending more time fooling with your luggage and a real dangerous item gets on board and is used can you just imagine the bitching about Carnival not catching the item?

It's as much about safety as anything.

I think folks who try to smuggle any prohibited item, and yes Cranival spells out what is prohibited, keeps them from finding dangerous things. We all have seen news reports of underware bombers and liquids are banned on airplanes for a reason.

If the screeners are spending more time fooling with your luggage and a real dangerous item gets on board and is used can you just imagine the bitching about Carnival not catching the item?

Ships are not airplanes. Someone who wants to harm the ship doesn't need to bring anything with them ...our secret.To the rest ...have a liter delivered to your room.

The noise will be about the screeners wasting time looking for items that are not dangerous. As it is, they aren't 100% effective at detecting dangerous items. Changing their mission to look for booze makes Carnival look bad, not the passengers.

If Carnival wanted to add a secondary screening for booze, they certainly could.

You can order at inflated prices from Bon Voyage and sometimes even through room service.

Thanks for the info! How can you do this ahead of time? Do you have to call? I went online and only saw wine and beer on their website. I would much prefer this (even if it is inflated) for having a nightcap in our room than going through the aggravation of trying and possibly failing to smuggle anything onboard.

Thanks for the info! How can you do this ahead of time? Do you have to call? I went online and only saw wine and beer on their website. I would much prefer this (even if it is inflated) for having a nightcap in our room than going through the aggravation of trying and possibly failing to smuggle anything onboard.

There is no online list from Carnival. You have to call Bon Voyage and ask for you favorite poison. They may or may not have it, so you might need to pick an alternate. Prices seem to range from $45 - $70 /liter. I imagine someone will point you to a list of what is available and prices. It can be found in several threads.

Bring it in your carry on. The people who are at the Xray machines for carry on luggage are Port Authority employees who are employeed by the government and not the cruiselines. It is not illegal to be in possession of alcohol (unless you are a minor), so they do not care. They are just looking for weapons, drugs, etc.

Besides, it is not illegal to bring alcohol on board. The worst thing that will happen is they will take it away.

Bring it in your carry on. The people who are at the Xray machines for carry on luggage are Port Authority employees who are employeed by the government and not the cruiselines. It is not illegal to be in possession of alcohol (unless you are a minor), so they do not care. They are just looking for weapons, drugs, etc.

Besides, it is not illegal to bring alcohol on board. The worst thing that will happen is they will take it away.

This is completely wrong. The people scanning your bags WILL pull them if they appear to have beverages in them, and they will inspect your bags to determine what sort of beverages they are. I've even had my bags pulled aside for bottles of wine, and they have checked to make sure the seal was intact and that it hadn't been replaced with other liquor. I'm sure it depends on the people working the scanner, but they ARE told to screen for possible liquor being taken on board, and they will confiscate anything they find. Sealed bottles will be returned to you at the end of the cruise, but anything opened (including rum runners) will be thrown away.

Just me,

I used to do something similar, tape 20 bucks to the 12 pack of Pepsi that was stuffed with Miller's instead and hot glued back shut in my checked baggage. [1 per bag] Never lost any beers nor money. But I see thing changed now, wont be sneaking beer on board this January, now my rum runner it will still be used!

Archived