Passengers on Esctasy

Cisco333

I just returned from a cruise on Ecstasy. I have cruised before on Carnival, Cunard, Celebrity, Rcl. My only complain is the passengers. I have never seen so many falling down drunk adults on a cruise ship. Children were also behaving badly running around in MDR getting in the waiters way ect. Is the behavior due to my fellow Texans, cheaper cruise? What brings out so manys inner dirtball?

I've been on the ship three times and never saw anyone falling down drunk--have seen people drunk. Didn't bother me much. I've seen kids misbehave--so what. Kids misbehave just about anywhere. Can't believe the whole ship was full of dirt balls. Surely there must have been some decent people on the ship.

Odd... I've sailed on the Conquest six times and on the Ecstasy once and never saw anyone falling down drunk or kids running rampant in the MDR.

I'm not doubting your story but I'd have to say that your voyage certainly was atypical for a sailing from Galveston.

Just one question... how do you know the falling down drunk ones were Texans? Those ship draw passengers from all over the US...

:)

Thanks for letting me know that was not the typical cruise from Galveston. I did meet many nice people. .. but I am sticking with my story of many falling down drunk...equally men and women...one woman hugged me in the elevator or maybe she was trying to keep from falling down. I was in the any time dining area...maybe that is why children were behaving so casual..running ect. I don't know if the drunks were from Texas or New York ...now that I think of it. The ones I talked to were from Texas . I had a good time...just curious of the behavior I witnessed.

We have sailed Ecstasy twice and Conquest four times, never had this experience before.

Sure, you see some folks who are happier drunks than others and some of those kids out there you might wanna THUMP um on the noggin......like the teenager who stole my beach towel on the Conquest in June:mad:.....but hey....could have happened at the local pool at home too.

Sorry your experience was so bad.

I agree with MACH been on the Conquest and the Ecstasy a number of times the only Cruise I remember people being really drunk and falling down was one of her first Cruises out of Galveston when she arrived here after Katrina. There were of all things Beauty Pagent Queens from all over LA on for the Cruise. And they had their "courts" with them. The Pagent girls were pretty much OK but the family members with them........:eek:

We sailed out of Florida for the first time in years on the Destiny back last February and there were more drunk and rude people on those sailings (2/5/5 nights) than any Cruise we've ever been on from Galveston. And no I'm not a Texas cheerleader as we just moved here a few months back. :)

Carnival has such a large percentage of brand new cruisers .. I can believe maybe you just ran into a bunch of new cruisers who were out of control.

Iv run into drunks a couple of times .. but not on Ecstasy. .. but it could happen on any ship.. luck of the draw .. sorry OP.

On our recent cruise we only saw one "falling down" drunk. Poor lady stood up in the Starboard hot tub on the Serenity Deck and she tumbled out - backwards.:eek:

Luckily, she was well anesthetized, as was her husband. I think their main downfall was trying to keep up with the younger twenty-somethings partying along with them at the time.

Just one question... how do you know the falling down drunk ones were Texans? Those ship draw passengers from all over the US...

:)

Good point....did you used to be a district attorney in another life?:cool:

I have to agree with everyone else. I have been on Esctasy twice with another booking for May 5 2011. I have never experienced falling down drunks and misbehaved kids.

The only time we saw the kids being "wild" was during one of the scavenger hunts that the kids who were 9 or older were allowed to participate without supervision. It was not bad behavor but just more excitement from them.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. We cruised on Ecstasy in March and November of this year. On the March cruise there were LOTS of kids (due to Spring break). I discovered that I prefer to cruise when the kids are in school, but it wasn't unbearable.

We didn't have a problem with drunks on either cruise. I did get annoyed by a couple of really LOUD groups of partiers, but I just went to my balcony and chilled :).

hmmmm...now that I think about it, if you don't get annoyed by the drunks, does that mean you ARE the drunks? lol

Good point....did you used to be a district attorney in another life?:cool:

Ditto Jimbo, good point! Mach, no need to flame the OP!

I have to agree with Becca. I was also on the four day sailing and saw quite a few drunks especially right at embarkation. Perhaps I noticed it more because this particular group had the tattoos and the piercings and looked like a bunch of hoodlums! They were loud and obnoxious!

The embarkation in Cozumel was another zoo!

Yes, drunks and obnoxious kids were more prevalent on this four day cruise! Despite Cruise Director Cassel's announcement asking that everyone walk instead of run, some kids still tripped some of us older adults!

Some folks on the Verandah deck witnessed one nasty case of domestic violence where the cabin was full of blood and the gal was screaming for HELP at 0400 in the morning and crawled out of the door in between the security guard's legs to get away from her mate.

When we docked in Galveston, I saw one man handcuffed, being dragged away by security. Agree, maybe not unusual but on a four day and we didn't even go to Jamaica...

On a previous five day cruise, we certainly endured loud and obnoxious drunks on the Serenity deck. I wonder if Carnival shouldn't just stop serving drinks on that deck. Oh forgive me! I forgot...that would kill some revenue! Carnival wouldn't want to miss out on the profits here. I was on that deck for about 45 minutes and must have been asked at least 15 times if I wanted a drink.

Some folks on the Verandah deck witnessed one nasty case of domestic violence where the cabin was full of blood and the gal was screaming for HELP at 0400 in the morning and crawled out of the door in between the security guard's legs to get away from her mate.

OMG That's terrible! You never want to think about something like that happening to someone :( I hope she turned out not to be hurt too badly, and got away from the jerk. Poor girl!

On topic: I have heard from a lot of other posters that 5 day and shorter cruises tend to have wilder partiers on board - I think it's probably because people that are spending all the money on a longer cruise are more likely to be beyond the PARTYPARTYPARTY phase in life and presumably have more professional jobs or at least have been working longer and understand how to behave in public.

That said, I will admit to having been drunk and noisy a few times with some new friends we met onboard our last cruise, but only during the day on an outdoor deck away from others who might have been napping in their cabins or taking in the sun on another deck. I want to have a good time and party a little, but I know enough not to be obnoxious around others who might enjoy a quiet cruise! :)

My wife and I were on the same four day cruise out of Galveston. We heard about the domestic abuse incident while we were leaving the ship but did not witness the incident.

We have sailed on Carnival from Galveston (several times), Miami, Port Canaveral, Long Beach, and San Diego. It has been our experience that the cruises from Galveston mainly attract the friendliest people. On this latest cruise, we had the best group of people sharing our table for dinner. Great conversations, lots of laughs, and plenty of Warm Chocolate Melting Cake.

I am sure that there were more than a few drunks on the cruise doing stupid things but I know that is not something that only happens on the Ecstasy leaving out of Galveston.

My wife and I were on the same four day cruise out of Galveston. We heard about the domestic abuse incident while we were leaving the ship but did not witness the incident.

We have sailed on Carnival from Galveston (several times), Miami, Port Canaveral, Long Beach, and San Diego. It has been our experience that the cruises from Galveston mainly attract the friendliest people. On this latest cruise, we had the best group of people sharing our table for dinner. Great conversations, lots of laughs, and plenty of Warm Chocolate Melting Cake.

I am sure that there were more than a few drunks on the cruise doing stupid things but I know that is not something that only happens on the Ecstasy leaving out of Galveston.

You are right this does not just happen on Ecstasy.

We met some new friends on Ecstasy cruise - we were on with you... I guess we hang out away from the crowds for the most part. I like the outside decks on the side of the ship away from the pool and we don't go to a lot of the events hosted by the ship so we didn't see anything out of the ordinary for this cruise. We were on the front of the ship when we were in Cozumel and were watching the people boarding at 4:35pm (suppose to be on a 4:30pm). There were people on the balcony of the Triumph also watching and we started betting which ship the drunkest few were going to get on... LOL It was a toss up - half on the Triumph and half on the Ecstasy. :D Although Triumph had to let us leave first since they had 2 people that finally showed up as the Ecstasy pulled away. Really glad they were late as we got to pull out first and see a most incredible sunset! LOL Always a silver lining. Look it is a 4 night cruise so it will be more of a party crowd but we didn't see anything that we haven't seen on all our other cruises. I was surprised by the amount of kids on board but didn't see them misbehaving in the any time dining but we were laughing with Fighterone and St. Zoomer so weren't paying attention... The only surprise was Carnival played Rap Music (not hiphop but Rap) on the pool deck which I thought was massively out of line. So I left the pool area. Simple solution.

I was on the Ecstasy over Thanksgiving week with families and 800 kids and never once saw any one falling down drunk or (believe it or not) any problems with kids. This was my 4th time on the Ecstasy. I'm sorry you had this experience and guess I am just lucky that it has never happened to me.

In fact, I have never seen anyone "falling down drunk" on any of my cruises but that doesn't mean there weren't any. I just never saw any. When I heard that we had 800 kids on board, I was a little apprehensive but I found that they were polite and well behaved the entire cruise. I never saw any running in the MDR, mainly because there simply wasn't room between tables.

I met people on this cruise from all over the U.S. Many flew in for the cruise. I guess Galveston has the reputation of all cruisers being Texans. Not sure what you mean by "inner dirtball".

I meant showing their bad side, unpleasant ect. This ship sure has alot of fans. I might try it again. The staff was very good, cabin nice and big. Sorry but I did see more people behaving badly than any other cruise ship I have been on..saw more obese folks too...I bet you'll didn't see any fat folks either....that was a joke ha ha

Oh my. I guess I was on a different sailing of the Ecstasy on 12/2. Yes there was a fight and someone was arrested. But I did not see kids running around wild. Yes they had a scavenger hunt but every ship has this and the kids get excited. Yes there was drinking, which every ship has, but I did not see falling down drunk everywhere.

I have been on the Ecstasy 10 times and have never seen this.

And how does one know where every passenger is from. They could just as well been from Idaho as Texas.

Nope scavenger kids were not the ones I was talking about...believe I said MDR and anytime dining....no room to be doing this someone else said...the kids found room it was where the waiters were walking with the trays...almost tripped several ...kids looked bored not excited..while parents sat and talked over their wine and coffee...completely ignoring kids...one example...I didn't say I knew where every passsenger is from..I asked a question...is it my fellow Texans? Yep might be those pesty Idaho people. Next time I will take pictures of falling down people or not mention it. Don't pick on the Ecstasy..got it!

Archived