RCCL: Navigator 6237: Should I upgrade to Oceanview?

CosmoLover

Hey everyone, I just joined this site. First time cruiser here, my husband and I are celebrating a friend's birthday and decided to join them for a 4 day Caribbean Cruise in February on Royal's Navigator of the Seas.

First mistake I made was booking through a discount cruise website so although we got a dirt cheap rate, I just finished the online checking process and saw we were already assigned an interior stateroom cabin on Deck 6. (6237 to be exact). (it was a guarantee).

I checked the Deck plans and the room is actually the very end of a row of rooms..which means we only have 1 neighbor..the other side faces either a hallway or stairwell..?Does anyone know if this is a good location? We are light sleepers and don't want to be close to noisy areas like piano bars or nightclubs. I called the discount web site and was told I am eligible to upgrade to an Oceanview for about $ 130 more per person.

However, the Oceanview room would also be a "guarantee", so I won't know whether I will be on Deck 2 or Deck 6. I'm not sure what to do...is it worth it to upgrade to Oceanview or just stick w/ the room we have now?

The inside cabins are extremely dark--which may help you since you are light sleepers.

$130 pp to get a window will get you light (and make the cabin feel better but for me 260 for a window --that window will be on my house. (LOL)

How much more are promanade rooms?

Ocean view rooms are only on deck 2/3 the rest of the decks have balconies.

Booking using a discount company is not a bad thing.

Booking a gurantee -no matter who you book with-- you get what you get.

IF being in a certain area would bother you then gurantee is NOT the way to go.

Just to be clear .. RCL does not allow discounting of the prices. .. so if you booked with a online site to get a better rate, unless its a group cruise and not a price you saw in public advertised .. you could have booked with anyone for the exact same rate.

On RCL's newer ships, the insides are on higher decks... Id keep what I got. If you want to move within the category you are booked, and see some other cabin you want, usually a TA can contact RCL and get you moved to the other cabin. RCL is good about this (Carnival doesnt do this for instance).

Archived