Airline changed flight, need help

misterchatter

On our Alaskan cruise next May Delta has moved our return flight time from 2:15 to a noon departure. We arrive in Vancouver at 7:30 on Saturday June 4. I have checked Princess website in FAQ and could not find guidelines for return flight times. I could use some opinions if this return time is doable. Also, maybe a link on their website.

Any help/opinions would be appreciated

Thanks

Call Delta and ask to be changed to a different flight. They have a policy that if they change your flight by more than 2 minutes you are allowed to call and make a change to your reservation without any fees. They changed our flight last year by 4 hours and I had no problem calling and asking for a different flight.

Before you call Delta I would call Princess directly as they will have guidelines as to "no flights before a certain time". We used Princess air when we did Alaska, and disembarked in Vancouver and I seem to remember being on a flight around 11:30 and having plenty of time. Also, since you are disembarking on a Saturday perhaps there won't be as much traffic as our bus encountered as we dismbarked on a weekday and it was quite busy with business/rush hour traffic.

If you enter your flight info into the "Independent Flight Info" section of the Personalizer, within about 24 hours, you can go back into it and Princess will have indicated whether your flights are within an acceptable timeframe.

I believe delta uses 1-1.5 hour time change in order to not be charged with a change fee. Call them and I would assume 2.5 hours would be a free change (or refund).

I had a similar problem with United recently. Though it was only a 15-minute change, because of transportation arrangements it meant perhaps not being able to get to the airport on time. Initially, the agent didn't want to change without a fee. I called back, spoke to a supervisor, explained the situation, and the change was made, no fee. Always worth a try.

I believe delta uses 1-1.5 hour time change in order to not be charged with a change fee. Call them and I would assume 2.5 hours would be a free change (or refund).

I was actually told if they change your flight by more than a few minutes you are allowed a free change. In fact I just received an email 2 days ago that our upcoming flight has changed by 10 minutes and it stated right on the email that if these changes were not acceptable to contact Delta for a one time flight change.

We use Delta almost exclusively and they change their flights VERY often. But in order to get a free change, they need to change your flight time by over an hour - otherwise they put 'contact us if you need to change your flight' but there is a charge:mad:.

Been in this situation many times with Delta, but they always work it out.

I would think a noon flight will work from Alaska - the ships like to have everyone off by 9ish anyway.

Good luck.

I called Princess today and the one I talked to said they recommend no flights before 11:00. So we have decided to stay with our noon departure. We will also be using their EZ Luggage option. HOPEFULLY, everthing will go smoothly. Thanks for all your responses.

I called Princess today and the one I talked to said they recommend no flights before 11:00. So we have decided to stay with our noon departure. We will also be using their EZ Luggage option. HOPEFULLY, everthing will go smoothly. Thanks for all your responses.

Whew! Glad that worked out for you!:)

I would not be comfortable with noon. Vancouver airport was a complete and total mess when we came through there and that was in the slow season. For those not in first class it took over 2 hours to check in and clear security and emigration, and that was AFTER 1 hour plus to get your luggage.

So, even if you disembarked promptly at 8 am, give yourself 45 mins to get to the airport (8:45), find bags (9:30), check in (9:50), clear security (11:30, optimistically) there's a decent chance your flight will be closing doors when you hit the gate.

I would not be comfortable with noon. Vancouver airport was a complete and total mess when we came through there and that was in the slow season. For those not in first class it took over 2 hours to check in and clear security and emigration, and that was AFTER 1 hour plus to get your luggage.

So, even if you disembarked promptly at 8 am, give yourself 45 mins to get to the airport (8:45), find bags (9:30), check in (9:50), clear security (11:30, optimistically) there's a decent chance your flight will be closing doors when you hit the gate.

The original poster (misterchatter) said they would be using the EZ luggage option so some of the obstacles mentioned won't apply.

Ya, I missed that, it definitely adds some margin for error, dropping me from I woudln't do it, to closer than I like for comfort. If it was another airport than YVR I'd be fine, but that place is just a mess.

The original poster (misterchatter) said they would be using the EZ luggage option so some of the obstacles mentioned won't apply.

Whew! Glad that worked out for you!:)

Just as an FYI to the OP for future cruises...you can usually find the suggested latest arrival flight times and earliest departure flight times at the end of your itinerary on the Princess Website where they post the notifications, visa requirements, fuel surcharge info, etc.

I just thought it might be helpful for future cruises.

Have a great time on your cruise. I love Alaska.

FYI From Delta website.

"Conditions apply

If a Delta schedule or routing change has delayed your departure or arrival by more than one hour, you may be eligible to select an alternate flight at no additional charge. Note that the below conditions may apply:

• Your origin, destination and travel date must remain the same
  • Alternate flights must be available, and you can only modify once as subsequent changes may result in additional fees
  • Voluntary changes to other flights not impacted by a Delta schedule change may result in additional fees"

Archived