MDR menu in specialty restaurants?

2little time

Are you allowed to order off the MDR menu in the specialty restaurants? If so , is there a charge? My husband wants to eat in the specialty restaurants and I want to do the MDR.

It's very doubtful they would bring a MDR meal to a specialty restaurant even if you were to pay the surcharge for your husbands meal. With no direct way for waiters to bring food between the MDR & specialty restaurants I doubt if it would be an option. There's a big selection in the Crown Grill so there should be something he'd enjoy.

Search the Princess site for their specialty restaurants to see the variety of options.

The specialty restaurants have a menu that is the same throughout the cruise while the MDR menu changes nightly. We usually attend one (occasionally both) specialty restaurant each cruise. I hope your hubby understands that he will see the same menu each evening.

Are you allowed to order off the MDR menu in the specialty restaurants? If so , is there a charge? My husband wants to eat in the specialty restaurants and I want to do the MDR.
They are separate with different menus. It wouldn't be fair to even ask for something off the dining room menu, even if you said "pretty please" because they would have to send someone either down 10 decks or half the length of the ship plus down a deck, depending on the ship and specialty restaurant. By the time it got to you, it would be cold plus you (and perhaps other diners) would have slow service due to someone doing you a huge favor. FYI, you'd be charged the specialty restaurant rate anyway so you might as well order off the restaurant menu. You're not saving any money by doing so if that is your intent.

Archived