Cruise Tans?

sail7seas

Does a tan gotten while cruising fade faster during a blizzard? :D

DH is really tan from our Maasdam cruise and we are now awaiting 18+ " of snow tomorrow into Monday.

I think he'll not be tanned much longer. ;)

Happy we weren't trying to fly home this weekend and hope no cruisers have their flights cancelled/delayed. Given the juggling of cruise dates in order to not board on Christmas Day, maybe not too many HAL cruisers will be impacted.

Does a tan gotten while cruising fade faster during a blizzard? :D

DH is really tan from our Maasdam cruise and we are now awaiting 18+ " of snow tomorrow into Monday.

I think he'll not be tanned much longer. ;)

Happy we weren't trying to fly home this weekend and hope no cruisers have their flights cancelled/delayed. Given the juggling of cruise dates in order to not board on Christmas Day, maybe not too many HAL cruisers will be impacted.

We cannot speak for your DH, but we know that the thought of shoveling 18" of snow would make us turn a few shades paler. :)

Hank

We cannot speak for your DH, but we know that the thought of shoveling 18" of snow would make us turn a few shades paler. :)

Hank

Please keep your fingers crossed for us that our always reliable 'snow plow guy' continues to be reliable. I always hold my breath a bit until I see his truck at the top of our driveway. :) I'm happy I called him early in the season to confirm he'll plow again this year.

Please keep your fingers crossed for us that our always reliable 'snow plow guy' continues to be reliable. I always hold my breath a bit until I see his truck at the top of our driveway. :) I'm happy I called him early in the season to confirm he'll plow again this year.

If DH isn't shoveling, he'll keep his tan longer.:D I too keep my fingers crossed for our plow man. Blizzard conditions here too with 12 inches coming. We got wood today so we can make a fire if we lose electricity. I'm sure a lot of vacationers' plans have been affected by the snow across the country.

Just heard the latest weather report and they are predicting our area will get 16 - 20" or more snow. :eek:

I'm sure many travelers will be impacted. No way Logan Airport can keep up with that kind of snow and keep operating.

This sort of weather another good reason for ships to not sail from New England (NY) in winter months.

If DH isn't shoveling, he'll keep his tan longer.:D I too keep my fingers crossed for our plow man. Blizzard conditions here too with 12 inches coming. We got wood today so we can make a fire if we lose electricity. I'm sure a lot of vacationers' plans have been affected by the snow across the country.

Well that settles it........ no shoveling for DH. :D

Not that I would ever let him shovel that amount of heavy snow. :eek:

Here's an interesting article that appeared in the New York Times about Heathrow and the flight delays. In this mess was a passenger and his wife who were on Brillance of the Seas when it listed. He says when he and his wife, a heavy table and their possessions were thrown against the cabin door, at least it was quick. These delays went on forever.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/24/world/europe/24heathrow.html?_r=1&ref=delaystranspo

18 inches of snow is nothing compared to what we got last february -- 72 inches in 3 days.

you're right .. 18 inches is nothing compared to 72 inches

unless of course, you live where the 18" falls:rolleyes:

just curious: how long did it take for 72" to melt

bet ya not as a fast as 18":eek:

18 inches of snow is nothing compared to what we got last february -- 72 inches in 3 days.

you're right .. 18 inches is nothing to compared to 72 inches

unless of course you live where the 18" falls:rolleyes:

just curious, how long did it take for 72" to melt

bet ya not as fast as 18":eek:

The snow lasted for nearly 8 weeks before it was completely gone.

Thousands of people had major house damage -- including us. Ice rinks and business buidlings collapsed.

and that's the point KK

thousands of people in the Northeast may very well be without power later today and into tomorrow

18-20" of snow can cause severe damage

you don't need 72" to have a catastrophe

if anyone is disembarking later today or tomorrow in Port Everglades and planning to head North toward New England, the odds are you might be better off trying to get a room rather than waiting for hours or days at the airports

As for a cruise tan, I have never had one. I burn like a lobster. As for shoveling 18 inches of snow--that would turn anyone pale and sometimes blue. Bing Crosby once sang a song, "I'm dreaming of a White Christmas!" He could dream. He lived in Bulingame CA and he never had to shovel a White Christmas. I would remind all that Jesus Christ was born in Bethlehem and not in Park Ridge, Illinois or Edina Minnesota!

All three major NY airports are already canceling hundreds of flights and the snow hasn't started, but snowfall ampounts are now predicted to be over 16 inches. Anyone leaving from the east coast for a cruise or coming back this way today or tomorrow won't get home by air. Safe to all. ( Just did a major shopping,ran the dishwasher and am doing laundry in case we lose power. Strong gusty winds predicted here too).

All three major NY airports are already canceling hundreds of flights and the snow hasn't started, but snowfall ampounts are now predicted to be over 16 inches. Anyone leaving from the east coast for a cruise or coming back this way today or tomorrow won't get home by air. Safe to all. ( Just did a major shopping,ran the dishwasher and am doing laundry in case we lose power. Strong gusty winds predicted here too).

Praying that all you go well for you!! No power loses!!

As for a cruise tan, I have never had one. I burn like a lobster. As for shoveling 18 inches of snow--that would turn anyone pale and sometimes blue. Bing Crosby once sang a song, "I'm dreaming of a White Christmas!" He could dream. He lived in Bulingame CA and he never had to shovel a White Christmas. I would remind all that Jesus Christ was born in Bethlehem and not in Park Ridge, Illinois or Edina Minnesota!

Very true!!

Archived