Is an interior cat. k on Freedom big enough

mumom95

Hi everyone. My husband has given me the go ahead to book a cruise for next Christmas on the Freedom of the Seas. There will be four of us, my husband and I and our two kids, son age 12 and daughter age 10.

As a family we've only cruised Disney before. I went on a 3 day girls only cruise on the Monarch back in the spring.

We are trying to decide if an interior room cat. k will be big enough for the 4 of us, or if we need to book a large outside room or two interiors instead. We really don't spend much time in the room, but we are worried about storage space. On Disney we did an deluxe interior (split bathroom, two sinks) and that was plenty big enough, but it looks like the Freedom rooms are smaller than Disney.

So, any advice from families of four who have stayed interior? Was it terrible or fine?

The cabins will for sure be smaller than disney's for 4. with one bathroom. 2 bunk beds probably .. at least thats what I booked. It will be 152 s.f. it shows .. picture a 10 x 15 room including the bathroom.

It would be tight, but RCL has a lot of cubby holes to put stuff.

We are sailing on Freedom and have booked an interior quad (cat K). We know it will be tight, but we'd rather save our money for other activities. We camp in the summer in a travel trailer and do just fine- and at least on the ship we don't have to cook and eat in the room when it's raining like we do in our camper!

I sometimes book my 3 kids in an interior. I've got them booked in a K on an upcoming cruise. It will be very tight unless everyone is in their bed, sleeping. When you are getting ready for dinner, 2 people will have to be out of the room or you will all be bumping into each other. There is very little free space.

Hi everyone. My husband has given me the go ahead to book a cruise for next Christmas on the Freedom of the Seas. There will be four of us, my husband and I and our two kids, son age 12 and daughter age 10.

As a family we've only cruised Disney before. I went on a 3 day girls only cruise on the Monarch back in the spring.

We are trying to decide if an interior room cat. k will be big enough for the 4 of us, or if we need to book a large outside room or two interiors instead. We really don't spend much time in the room, but we are worried about storage space. On Disney we did an deluxe interior (split bathroom, two sinks) and that was plenty big enough, but it looks like the Freedom rooms are smaller than Disney.

So, any advice from families of four who have stayed interior? Was it terrible or fine?

My family of 4 was on the Independence about a year and a half ago and did fine in the same catagory cabin. Our kids were 13 and 10 at the time. Our room was set up with the two beds separated with a drop down bunk above each bed. The ship had so much to do on it that were were never in the room other than to sleep. If your cabin is near the spa, you can use the showers there as well.

We did an inside on a 12 day med cruise, with two women and 2 teen girls. I don't think you could test a room any more than that. We did fine. Of course you have to have a little cooperation.

It all depends on what you want out of the experience. If you want privacy, it probably is not going to happen. If you want an economical room so you can spend money on entertainment, it's a great option. We were happy to save the money for excursions and shopping :D. Really, how much time do you spend in your room on vacation?

There is a lot of discussion on these boards of the benefit of a few room organizing tools. For those traveling more than 2 in a room, the over the door shoe organizer does help. Other than that, the rooms are well equipped with drawers, cubbyholes, and shelves. We really had no problem keeping the room picked up, or I should say no more problem than I do at home with a teenager in the house.

Archived